Clueless Chris

generaLee83

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/546585.html

"I'd say our run front is shored up to a degree," said defensive end Chris Kelsay. "Obviously one thing we need is to generate more pressure on the quarterback. I'm sure we'll take steps this offseason to get that accomplished, whether it's the draft or free agency, or with the guys we have here."

My version

"I'd say our run front is shored up to a degree," said defensive end Chris Kelsay. "Obviously one thing we need is to generate more pressure on the quarterback, I know for damn sure that I haven't helped at all in this area. I'm sure we'll take steps this offseason to get that accomplished, whether it's the draft or free agency, or with the guys we have here. Although trying to fix this abomination with what we have here is kind of a joke I mean look at me. I am slow, usually out of position, stupid and weak. I love money though."

That statement takes me back to what clueless Kelsay said in response to Ralph Wilson's postseason statement that next year more assertive veteran leadership is needed on the team. From Chris Brown's blog:

"For co-captain Chris Kelsay that struck a chord. Not so much in terms of how he and his co-captains have led this team, but in making every player on this team a leader of sorts so that accountability is more widespread.

“I think it’s definitely more than just a couple of guys,” Kelsay said. ”I think you have to have entire units step up. Eleven starters step on the field every Sunday whether it’s offense, defense or special teams and in one way or another it’s time for everybody to realize that it’s time for all of us to each do our part so we’re better collectively as a whole.”

He just doesn't get it. I guess he is made of teflon - comments and criticism apply to everyone else EXCEPT HIM!!

That statement takes me back to what clueless Kelsay said in response to Ralph Wilson's postseason statement that next year more assertive veteran leadership is needed on the team. From Chris Brown's blog:

"For co-captain Chris Kelsay that struck a chord. Not so much in terms of how he and his co-captains have led this team, but in making every player on this team a leader of sorts so that accountability is more widespread.

“I think it’s definitely more than just a couple of guys,” Kelsay said. ”I think you have to have entire units step up. Eleven starters step on the field every Sunday whether it’s offense, defense or special teams and in one way or another it’s time for everybody to realize that it’s time for all of us to each do our part so we’re better collectively as a whole.”

He just doesn't get it. I guess he is made of teflon - comments and criticism apply to everyone else EXCEPT HIM!!

Sure, he gets it. He gets it right from his head coach. DJ loves his guys, they practice hard, they play hard in the games, and it's nobody's fault they have finished 7-9-0 three straight seasons. Because Chris knows that it's really hard to win a game in the NFL. :rolleyes:

Kelsay needs to be cut and we need to just "eat" the cap number this year. Denney out-played him this season and Kelsay pretty much serves no reasonable purpose on this team besides being a name penciled in the starting line-up. He gets paid WAY TOO MUCH money to perform the way he performs. Some people will say that "you can't cut him until you have a replacement that's better," but I have faith that it wouldn't be that hard to replace the guy. We could also have Johnson play his DE spot and that's an upgrade.

Kelsay needs to be cut and we need to just "eat" the cap number this year. Denney out-played him this season and Kelsay pretty much serves no reasonable purpose on this team besides being a name penciled in the starting line-up. He gets paid WAY TOO MUCH money to perform the way he performs. Some people will say that "you can't cut him until you have a replacement that's better," but I have faith that it wouldn't be that hard to replace the guy. We could also have Johnson play his DE spot and that's an upgrade.

I believe cash to the cap carries no dead money when a guy is cut. :rolleyes:

I agree that Kelsay is a mediocre player. I also believe that Denney is marginally better (although not good enough).

HOWEVER, why all the hate for Kelsay? I see this repeatedly in situations where a player simply isn't good enough.

It was the Bills who drafted him, then overpaid him. The Bills put him in his current position.

Are you telling me that Kelsay is not giving it a full effort?

Alright then...the contempt should go to the Bills' braintrust, not Kelsay. If they wanted to throw millions at you and I to play free safety and we failed miserably, is it our fault? No.

Blame the Bills, not Kelsay. Blame the Bills. Not Ko Simpson. Blame the Bills. Not Derrick Dockery. etc, etc. etc.

Is this making sense yet?

CK would be a good rotational guy. However, he is getting paid like a starter. I'[d try to re-negiotate his contract and truly test how much he likes playing for Jauron. But we definitely need some real pass rushers.

That's right. We should be able to cut any player signed or re-signed in the last 3 years with no cap hit.

It doesn't work like that on Madden :wallbash: I think I got a $14 million cap hit when I cut his sorry tail. :oops:

It doesn't work like that on Madden :wallbash: I think I got a $14 million cap hit when I cut his sorry tail. :oops:

Madden should allow you to use cash-to-the-cap.

Doesn't that sound like a fun game. Gamers could make thier own amortization schedules for signing bonuses.

I'm sure it would double sales.

It's not that there's no cap hit -- there still is. It's that by spending cash-to-the-cap, it's very likely that you'll have enough cap room on the books to cover any dead money that hits when you cut a guy.

I agree that Kelsay is a mediocre player. I also believe that Denney is marginally better (although not good enough).

HOWEVER, why all the hate for Kelsay? I see this repeatedly in situations where a player simply isn't good enough.

It was the Bills who drafted him, then overpaid him. The Bills put him in his current position.

Alright then...the contempt should go to the Bills' braintrust, not Kelsay. If they wanted to throw millions at you and I to play free safety and we failed miserably, is it our fault? No.

Blame the Bills, not Kelsay. Blame the Bills. Not Ko Simpson. Blame the Bills. Not Derrick Dockery. etc, etc. etc.

it makes perfect sense, but 'ol chris does nothing to help his situation or silence his critics... not many players on the bills do, so yeah, its all ralph's fault.

Kelsay sure has alot to say this season, my personal favorite was win he wimpily (if thats a word) called out the coaching staff for the Losman play against the Jets. The upgrade needed the most in our defense starts with him. I think he has played his last game as a Bill. When he says we need to get more pressure on the quarterback, who is he talking about? Stroud, Williams, Denney? (who had more sacks than him playing less time) Look in the mirror captain chris

Great Post!!

It's not so much on Kelsay, he is what he is!! Mediocre..... It's the Braintrust whoshould be faulted for paying him thissortof money!! Not only did it cost the Bills 25 Mill but it also caused a serious pay hike for schobel.....

I was just flummoxed that we paid him that much. I mean, its not like we couldnt find another mediocre end out there somewhere. And dont get me started on copeland bryant. He looks like hes never seen the inside of a weight room.

If the Bills throw millions at me, I'll be in Buffalo tomorrow! I'd get blown up on every play, but I most definitely would be trying very, very hard. Good post. Although I think Kelsay would be a great situational backup or platoon guy.

Dude, it doesn't say "except him" "except me" or anything else that even slightly exonerates Kelsay himself. What are you talking about?