Watching The Playoffs...

CJPearl2

shows me how far from a good team/playoff team the Bills are. This includes coaching.

For the most part, yes, but I can't say I'm crazy about Coughlin's play calling. Way too many throws today in windy weather. 2d and 5 from the Philly 20 when Jacobs is pounding the Eagles and they throw? Bad decision. Settling for all those FG attempts are going to cost the Giants this game. The defense is starting to tire and now Manning will have to throw into the wind in Q4 to bring them back. You can feel this game slipping away from NY.

shows me how far from a good team/playoff team the Bills are. This includes coaching.

You know what stands out the most to me is that we dont have one area that we just dominate and intimidate opponents. We don't dominate on the D Line, no road grading O Line, don't light up the passing stats, don't run consistently or break off huge gains, don't intimidate passers in the secondary...

In other words we have no identity, intensity or swagger. No one comes in and goes "Holy Sh*t, how do we handle _____"...

We need some intensity...I know its a long shot, but bringing some vets like Ray Lewis or Brian Dawkins would help. It doesnt help that our coaching staff doesnt have any intensity either.

We need swagger on the Offensive side of the ball too, and that starts with the O Line and QB.

We NEED to be scary on at least one side of the ball...we don't intimidate anyone.

You know what stands out the most to me is that we dont have one area that we just dominate and intimidate opponents. We don't dominate on the D Line, no road grading O Line, don't light up the passing stats, don't run consistently or break off huge gains, don't intimidate passers in the secondary...

In other words we have no identity, intensity or swagger. No one comes in and goes "Holy Sh*t, how do we handle _____"...

We need some intensity...I know its a long shot, but bringing some vets like Ray Lewis or Brian Dawkins would help. It doesnt help that our coaching staff doesnt have any intensity either.

We need swagger on the Offensive side of the ball too, and that starts with the O Line and QB.

We NEED to be scary on at least one side of the ball...we don't intimidate anyone.

That's exactly what stood out to me. For example, how great would it be to have Pitts' linebackers? My god, they are fast.

The Bills scare people in ONE facet of the game SPECIAL TEAMS. Thank God for Bobby April.

It shows me that you need a really good defense to win in the playoffs. Getting better at DE, DT, and LB is a priority for us.

Generally that's been how it is. That's why the Dolphins could never win a Super Bowl with Marino. When it comes down to it, the team with the best D will win. I picked the Ravens to go all the way this year. I thought the only team that would beat them would be the Giants. Looks like that's not going to happen now.

Generally that's been how it is. That's why the Dolphins could never win a Super Bowl with Marino. When it comes down to it, the team with the best D will win. I picked the Ravens to go all the way this year. I thought the only team that would beat them would be the Giants. Looks like that's not going to happen now.

In the current NFL especially, defense is key. It seems like all of these playoff games come down to a FG or turnover here or there. If you play great defense and don't turn the ball over (e.g., Ravens), you will win.

It shows me that you need a really good defense to win in the playoffs. Getting better at DE, DT, and LB is a priority for us.

just shows you what a weak middle lb poz is, he wouldn't even make the team in pittsburg, playing inside or outside

Great, so we intimidate them on 6 plays a game...go Bills...

Special team are more important that you seem to give them credit for (at least judging by this post). A great punter, and coverage team helps control field position, as does a good return team. The FG unit, needless to say, decides many games in the NFL. As for the "6 plays a game" comment, I trust it was partially in jest, but FYI, Special Teams make up about 17% (sometimes more) of an NFL game.

3 Ls line line line

Special team are more important that you seem to give them credit for (at least judging by this post). A great punter, and coverage team helps control field position, as does a good return team. The FG unit, needless to say, decides many games in the NFL. As for the "6 plays a game" comment, I trust it was partially in jest, but FYI, Special Teams make up about 17% (sometimes more) of an NFL game.

imagine how awful we'd be without our STs

In other words we have no identity, intensity or swagger.

I agree on the identity and intensity and lack of outstanding areas/intimidating quality

Unfortunately there seems to be some "swagger" just no "walking the walk" to back up the talk

"I'm Ko Simpson of the Buffalo Bills and I'm worth Millions!",

Peters "This is what you play for -- to go to the pro-bowl"

Hardy "Since this (injury) happened, and I am at the highest level that I could possibly be, I am reflecting back on my childhood years, and how I actually got here"

A little less swagger and a little more awareness that higher levels are, in fact, possible with harder levels of work and dedication and execution would work for me

On the topic: World is safe from an AZ -- Sandy Eggo SB

I agree on the identity and intensity and lack of outstanding areas/intimidating quality

Unfortunately there seems to be some "swagger" just no "walking the walk" to back up the talk

"I'm Ko Simpson of the Buffalo Bills and I'm worth Millions!",

Peters "This is what you play for -- to go to the pro-bowl"

Hardy "Since this (injury) happened, and I am at the highest level that I could possibly be, I am reflecting back on my childhood years, and how I actually got here"

A little less swagger and a little more awareness that higher levels are, in fact, possible with harder levels of work and dedication and execution would work for me

On the topic: World is safe from an AZ -- Sandy Eggo SB

thank God....no 8-8 team should be even allowed in the playoffs