Winslow

OK, I found the new NFLPA contract link. You have to register to get the link.

Winslow is signed through 2010, His salary is 2009 $4500000.00, 2010 $4750000.00

that salary is so low..its a tragedy,

sincerely,

wade boggs' agent

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an injury plagued year. Boss plays for the world champs on what was a stacked offense.

Anyone who wants to compare Boss to Winslow needs to have their head examined or get a job in the Bills front office. Like I said before, if you don't want him because he's usually as angry as Larry Johnson, that he's head case, or that he has shown some injury issues, then fine. But this is the guy who:

Caught 89 passes for 875 yards in 2006.

This is also the guy who caught 82 passes for 1106 yards in 07.....in 14 games.

And yes, this is the guy who caught 43 balls for 428 last year, in EIGHT starts. On an offense that was putrid all year.

Winslow can play the game. Kevin Boss most likely wouldnt' amount to crap on mediocre teams. He's lucky he plays for the Giants.

I'm not sure I would want Winslow with a young QB, but don't try to tell me the guy can't play the game. :lol:

Boss plays on a predominant run team, Winslow on a predominant pass. So right the individual stats are biased in Winslow's favor. The Giants thought so high of Boss that they told the Winslow-like Shockey to take a hike. And you have to kind of admit, Giants know what they're doing lately. Give me consistency, sure hands, reliability, coachability, versatility, humility, at TE any day over showboating and coming up empty at crucial moments, like Winslow has a reputation for.

Who ever says that they would take Derek Fine over Winslow needs to have their posting priveledges suspended for a minimum of 2 weeks. That is almost as preposterous as saying Carolyn Kennedy brings more to the senate seat than just a last name called "Kennedy".

Winslow is a tremendous athlete, has great hands and can make plays after the catch.

My senario:

Trade Terrence Mcgee to cleveland for Winslow. They need a CB, we need a TE. I'd say trade youboty but there is gonna be a war if cleveland does indeed declare intent to trade. We need to use the most attractive bait we have. IMHO, greer is a better CB and Mckelvin is oooooozing with upside.

Bring in our typical 2nd class DE. Our defense was ok and our pass rush blew. Why? no schoeble. a healthy Aaron and a DE not named Kelsay or Denny will make for a much improved pass rush.

Resign Crowell. He's better than most free agents we would be bothered to take a shot at and he knows our system.

let Matt Birk retire. please.

Draft:

1. Percy Harvin. somebody started a thread validating this......

2. Alex Mack if he drops. if he doesnt we need to address the SS position A guy like William Moore( I doubt he drops) or my Favorite,Patrick Chung, from Oregon is a good fit here.

3. He's a good spot to look for another pass rusher, with the exception or Orapko(anyone else call him oh-crap-o?) this draft is really pretty weak at DE. I'd be sad if we took a DE in the 1st two rounds. Nobody is that good. I dont care how bad the blogosphere thinks we need a DE.

4. look for backup QB. Tim Tebow could be a great H-back and 3rd string QB while he develops.

5. LB

6.OL

7. WR/KR

Who ever says that they would take Derek Fine over Winslow needs to have their posting priveledges suspended for a minimum of 2 weeks. That is almost as preposterous as saying Carolyn Kennedy brings more to the senate seat than just a last name called "Kennedy".

Winslow is a tremendous athlete, has great hands and can make plays after the catch.

My senario:

Trade Terrence Mcgee to cleveland for Winslow. They need a CB, we need a TE. I'd say trade youboty but there is gonna be a war if cleveland does indeed declare intent to trade. We need to use the most attractive bait we have. IMHO, greer is a better CB and Mckelvin is oooooozing with upside.

Bring in our typical 2nd class DE. Our defense was ok and our pass rush blew. Why? no schoeble. a healthy Aaron and a DE not named Kelsay or Denny will make for a much improved pass rush.

Resign Crowell. He's better than most free agents we would be bothered to take a shot at and he knows our system.

Draft:

2. Alex Mack if he drops. if he doesnt we need to address the SS position A guy like William Moore( I doubt he drops) or my Favorite,Patrick Chung, from Oregon is a good fit here.

3. He's a good spot to look for another pass rusher, with the exception or Orapko(anyone else call him oh-crap-o?) this draft is really pretty weak at DE. I'd be sad if we took a DE in the 1st two rounds. Nobody is that good. I dont care how bad the blogosphere thinks we need a DE.

4. look for backup QB. Tim Tebow could be a great H-back and 3rd string QB while he develops.

5. LB

6.OL

7. WR/KR

Thank God this won't ever happen!!

whomever said that is stupid - what she brings is more than a last name called "clinton"

My senario:

Draft:

5. LB

6.OL

7. WR/KR

But Schobel has blown the last few years even when healthy. And now hes 32 and white. Stop with the Schobel crap .

whomever said that is stupid - what she brings is more than a last name called "clinton"

Clinton got the seat because she didnt publicly destroy Bill for getting a 'lil skull in the oval office.

Carolyn Kennedy has less of a resume than the oft reviled by Dems, Sarah Palin.She has ZERO expeirience other than have been the child of the greatest President that never was. OFF TOPIC?!

But Schobel has blown the last few years even when healthy. And now hes 32 and white. Stop with the Schobel crap .

What is it with some of you and the "race card". Always talking about who's white, who's not, and Ralph's racist. Not trying to just single you out bro', but there's a few. I wish people would just leave it to football. :lol:

What is it with some of you and the "race card". Always talking about who's white, who's not, and Ralph's racist. Not trying to just single you out bro', but there's a few. I wish people would just leave it to football. :lol:

White Al Sharpton. LOL just kidding. curly red-haired hoes!!!! couldnt resist.

I was a fan at first now I've soured on the guy. He's not consistent enough and, like TO, it's pretty much a given he's going to act up at some point. The best TE's are consistent route runners that quietly do their job ... Kevin Boss for Giants comes to mind. He may not be the athlete that Shockey is, but his consistency and demeanor make him far more effective on the field. Dallas Clarke, Todd Heap, Jason Whitten etc etc ... that's the type of TE we need.

You mean a white one? Lets draft Coffman

But honestly Pettigrew is a the best TE, even though he allegedly beat up that cop....

Clinton got the seat because she didnt publicly destroy Bill for getting a 'lil skull in the oval office.

Carolyn Kennedy has less of a resume than the oft reviled by Dems, Sarah Palin.She has ZERO expeirience other than have been the child of the greatest President that never was. OFF TOPIC?!

clinton got the seat because idiots used convoluted logic like yours and voted her in, despite a resume as void as carolyn's.

Boss plays on a predominant run team, Winslow on a predominant pass. So right the individual stats are biased in Winslow's favor. The Giants thought so high of Boss that they told the Winslow-like Shockey to take a hike. And you have to kind of admit, Giants know what they're doing lately. Give me consistency, sure hands, reliability, coachability, versatility, humility, at TE any day over showboating and coming up empty at crucial moments, like Winslow has a reputation for.

The fact that the Giants have the three headed monster running attack makes their pass offense that much better. That fact that they had Plaxico Burress with Toomer on the other side made the field wide open for TE's. The fact that Boss is nowhere near as athletic as Shockey or Winslow makes him about useless in the sense that he probably wouldn't be that much better anywhere else in the league except NY.

It's amazing anyone would even attempt to compare the slow ploddering Boss to Winslow. It's totally stupid. Winslow played 1/2 season this year on a HORRIFIC offense and still outproduced Boss.

There is absutely nothing to back up the point that Boss could even sniff Winslow's jock right now in the NFL. Nothing.

clinton got the seat because idiots used convoluted logic like yours and voted her in, despite a resume as void as carolyn's.

My convoluted logic has never, and never will vote for a Democrat. ever.

the trvesty here is that stevie wonder errrrr i mean the governor gets to say who gets the seat.

Trade McGee.......man some of you Bills fans are just morons.......Yeah lets trade away our most talented CB on the roster to Cleveland.......I mean i find myself scratching my head when people say let Greer walk, now this.....

What makes you say he is the most talented? How many ints did he return for tds? not that that is that measuring stick for a CB, but He is a better cover 2 cb than he is a man coverage cb. Greer and Mckelvin are better in man coverage. We need to move away from the Cover2. letting our CBs play man coverage is a good start. furthermore, i only suggested mcgee as trade bait because it will take a similar move to distance ourselves from other bidders should Kellen become available.

Really a 2nd rounder? Randy Moss was had for a 4th. IMHO a 2nd pick is too much to give for Winslow. Maybe a 3rd, but noway I give them a 2nd. I would love to have Winslow, but that 2nd round pick means way to much to this team. Granted we may draft a TE in the 2nd I dont know.....I guess it all depends on what we do in FA. Then I might change my mind. But id offer a 3rd to see where the talks go....

I would trade Youboty and a 4th rounder for Winlsow

But have injury issues and it would be a benefit for both teams

you would have to keep Greer in this was to go down

OK, I found the new NFLPA contract link. You have to register to get the link.

Winslow is signed through 2010, His salary is 2009 $4500000.00, 2010 $4750000.00

IIRC Winslow was chirping about wanting a big raise before this season, so I'm sure he's gonna want to renegotiate for some bigger numbers...

EDIT: According to this he's been chirping about a new contract since last spring when Dallas Clark cashed in:

Winslow has wanted a new contract since last spring, when Dallas Clark signed a six-year, $42 million deal with Indianapolis. The tight end was guaranteed $27 million over the first three seasons.

The Browns' tight end looked at that deal and thought, "I'm a better player than Clark." He thought about how he made the Pro Bowl, Clark did not. He thought about how he caught 82 passes, Clark caught 58.

He thought about how his body has been taking a beating, at least three knee operations and other problems. He thought about holding out, and he thought about how he would be "underpaid" this season at about $4 million. He thought about how he made only $2 million annually in 2006 and 2007, when he caught 171 passes over those two seasons.

The more he thought about all that, the more he felt like a victim. He hired Drew Rosenhaus as his new agent, and thought about holding out this season.

The fact that the Giants have the three headed monster running attack makes their pass offense that much better. That fact that they had Plaxico Burress with Toomer on the other side made the field wide open for TE's. The fact that Boss is nowhere near as athletic as Shockey or Winslow makes him about useless in the sense that he probably wouldn't be that much better anywhere else in the league except NY.

It's amazing anyone would even attempt to compare the slow ploddering Boss to Winslow. It's totally stupid. Winslow played 1/2 season this year on a HORRIFIC offense and still outproduced Boss.

There is absutely nothing to back up the point that Boss could even sniff Winslow's jock right now in the NFL. Nothing.

Dont forget that Shokey hasnt palyed a full year since....................well never???