Winslow

He has apparently wore out his welcome there. (READ BELOW) but I think if we can trade for him, we do it. I don't think his "character" issues would be a problem. He plays tremendously hard, has great hands, and he is EXACTLY what we need at TE. Young, proven, and good. If we could trade for him, sign Birk, and sign Tank Johnson/DT/DE. And then draft a DE, OLB, and C. We could be a VERY good team next year.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/0...tavern-talk-92/

I know that the Browns will also trade tight end Kellen Winslow this off-season and that he has not been a part of any discussions with coaching candidates.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has apparently wore out his welcome there. (READ BELOW) but I think if we can trade for him, we do it. I don't think his "character" issues would be a problem. He plays tremendously hard, has great hands, and he is EXACTLY what we need at TE. Young, proven, and good. If we could trade for him, sign Birk, and sign Tank Johnson/DT/DE. And then draft a DE, OLB, and C. We could be a VERY good team next year.

I know that the Browns will also trade tight end Kellen Winslow this off-season and that he has not been a part of any discussions with coaching candidates.

I wouldn't mind bringing him in, although he has serious durablility issues.

Be nice if we could trade for a package of him and Derek Anderson who could compete with Trent.

I'd give up our 2nd round pick and a conditional pick to go along with it if he reached certain production incentives with our team. I'd take him over Royal any day and he's proven he can excell in this league versus taking a shot on a "top notch prospect".

i'd like him or owen daniels for a 2nd rounder, for all the talk of Coffman, Beckum, and Pettigrew i'd really be more comfortable with a vet. I think the whole Hardy thing biasedme

I wouldn't mind Winslow if he can be had for a mid-round pick. I wouldn't trade away an early round pick or anything.

He does have some durability issues and some baggage, but there's plenty of upside if he can stay healthy.

Would we have to throw in a new motorcycle?

for a 3rd.....we need more guys on the team with his gangsta attitude...enough goody two shoes wimpy players

I was a fan at first now I've soured on the guy. He's not consistent enough and, like TO, it's pretty much a given he's going to act up at some point. The best TE's are consistent route runners that quietly do their job ... Kevin Boss for Giants comes to mind. He may not be the athlete that Shockey is, but his consistency and demeanor make him far more effective on the field. Dallas Clarke, Todd Heap, Jason Whitten etc etc ... that's the type of TE we need.

I'd give up our 2nd round pick and a conditional pick to go along with it if he reached certain production incentives with our team. I'd take him over Royal any day and he's proven he can excell in this league versus taking a shot on a "top notch prospect".

Really a 2nd rounder? Randy Moss was had for a 4th. IMHO a 2nd pick is too much to give for Winslow. Maybe a 3rd, but noway I give them a 2nd. I would love to have Winslow, but that 2nd round pick means way to much to this team. Granted we may draft a TE in the 2nd I dont know.....I guess it all depends on what we do in FA. Then I might change my mind. But id offer a 3rd to see where the talks go....

Really a 2nd rounder? Randy Moss was had for a 4th. IMHO a 2nd pick is too much to give for Winslow. Maybe a 3rd, but noway I give them a 2nd. I would love to have Winslow, but that 2nd round pick means way to much to this team. Granted we may draft a TE in the 2nd I dont know.....I guess it all depends on what we do in FA. Then I might change my mind. But id offer a 3rd to see where the talks go....

Yeah, a 2nd is too much. The guy has only proven one thing...he can't stay on the field. Ok, two things...he can't stop doing bone head things.

I think a 3rd is where his market taps out...I wouldnt freak if we gave a 2nd, but his durability issues make that a real questionable move.

Yeah, a 2nd is too much. The guy has only proven one thing...he can't stay on the field. Ok, two things...he can't stop doing bone head things.

I think a 3rd is where his market taps out...I wouldnt freak if we gave a 2nd, but his durability issues make that a real questionable move.

Yeah I mean a 2nd rounder dont seem like much, but when Moss was had for a 4th.......thats why I said thats way too much to give up!

I wouldn't go so far as to say he has "great hands".

Yeah I mean a 2nd rounder dont seem like much, but when Moss was had for a 4th.......thats why I said thats way too much to give up!

The trade market is so stupid. I really have lost all track of what a player is worth. Shockey went for a 2nd and a 5th, so that's probably the ceiling for Winslow. The floor - I dunno, what did we get for Euhus?

I was a fan at first now I've soured on the guy. He's not consistent enough and, like TO, it's pretty much a given he's going to act up at some point. The best TE's are consistent route runners that quietly do their job ... Kevin Boss for Giants comes to mind. He may not be the athlete that Shockey is, but his consistency and demeanor make him far more effective on the field. Dallas Clarke, Todd Heap, Jason Whitten etc etc ... that's the type of TE we need.

are we talking about the same kevin boss that had 33 receptions for 384 yards? yeah, we need that kind of tight end...

Thurman Thomas was a second rounder...the second round has too much value to give it away for a player who can't stay on the field and cant stop doing or saying bone head things...we have enough fragile players on this team.

I would be ok with a 3rd and a 5th though...

I wouldn't mind bringing him in, although he has serious durablility issues.

Be nice if we could trade for a package of him and Derek Anderson who could compete with Trent.

be serious--youthink the Bills would do this.

I would take all the garbage with Winslow if he had a history playing 16 games a year. He seems to miss a lot of game for a variety of injuries.

The 1st or 2nd we have will be spent on a TE this year anyway. Why not get a proven commodity in the NFL for it. The guy can play and be AWESOME at times. There are also times where he drops the ball and has mouth issues. I'm willing to give up a 2nd for a guy I know can play versus a guy I'm taking a shot on.