Speaking of curvreball draft picks......

nfldraftcountdown.com currently has a feature writeup on him to get any unfamiliar with him a little info. I've seen about 4 BC games this year and he's been quite disruptive, and looks like a Wilfork clone. If we get our usual bad luck and OLB Curry, and DE's Orakpo and Brown are gone I would not mind a rotation of Stroud, Raji, Williams and Johnson one bit. I'm not high on DE Micheal Johnson or LB Ray Mauagula as top 20 picks so how about the #1 DT in the draft? That opportunity doesn't come along very often even though we've blown it a couple times already. :unsure::worthy::blink:

nfldraftcountdown.com currently has a feature writeup on him to get any unfamiliar with him a little info. I've seen about 4 BC games this year and he's been quite disruptive, and looks like a Wilfork clone. If we get our usual bad luck and OLB Curry, and DE's Orakpo and Brown are gone I would not mind a rotation of Stroud, Raji, Williams and Johnson one bit. I'm not high on DE Micheal Johnson or LB Ray Mauagula as top 20 picks so how about the #1 DT in the draft? That opportunity doesn't come along very often even though we've blown it a couple times already. :unsure::worthy::blink:

ehem, Haloti Ngata :lol:

How about drafting Raji and copying the Pats/Ravens 3-4 model? Stroud, Raji, Johnson starting on the DL. Schobel in a Vrabel LB role. It would help if we coud sign another rush LB like Suggs. It would also make it easier to cut the useless combination of Kelsay and Denney. The fact that those 2 play alot is enough for me to scrap the 4-3. They are wasted players in that they are not great against the run and get no pass rush.

I have no problems with that at all. He's the best defensive player I've seen this year in college and he'd be my #2 choice at 11 after Jermaine Gresham. He was pretty much unblockable in their bowl game and is much quicker and faster than you'd expect, so the Bills really can't use that lame 'doesn't fit the system' excuse, either.

One negative? He was suspended in 2007 for academic reasons and for that reason, may not go in the top 15.

I have no problems with that at all. He's the best defensive player I've seen this year in college and he'd be my #2 choice at 11 after Jermaine Gresham. He was pretty much unblockable in their bowl game and is much quicker and faster than you'd expect, so the Bills really can't use that lame 'doesn't fit the system' excuse, either.

One negative? He was suspended in 2007 for academic reasons and for that reason, may not go in the top 15.

The guy plays in the back field more than any lineman I have seen in a while. He can not be blocked 1 on 1. too strong.

Besides having a chance to draft Haloti Ngata and passing, we also had a shot at Broderick Bunkley who is playing very well for the Eagles right now. Ngata is an immovable space eater. Bunkley is more of a Warren Sapp-type gap shooter. Both are excellent players.

Elite DT/NTs are hard to find. The blue chippers go quite high as last year's draft selections of Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis proved. Both were gone before we selected McKelvin.

This sort of pick is not "sexy" but it's how you build a strong team: having big guys that beat the other teams big guys.

Technically, he was not suspended but ruled academically ineligable. However, he stayed in school instead of entering the Draft, and became a stand-out. My wife is a BC grad so I watched a lot of their games, and he is the total package as a DT, and would be a great pick for the Bills.

Very much into this pick... Stroud played all 16 games this year, but there's no guarantee our luck in the capacity will continue... having 2 tackles worthy of double-teaming would be just incredible. Obviously I'm dreaming now, but if they did sign a legit top DE in the off-season and keep Crowell, the line, and defense, could be close to the Conference's best.

Although our run D did improve this season, we still gave up to many long drives when we needed to get a stop. With Strouds age, Raji would be a smart pick, esecially if we could land Bert Berry in free agency. Peppers or Suggs ain't even leaving their teams so stop it people.

Although our run D did improve this season, we still gave up to many long drives when we needed to get a stop. With Strouds age, Raji would be a smart pick, esecially if we could land Bert Berry in free agency. Peppers or Suggs ain't even leaving their teams so stop it people.

Agreed on that. Peppers will undoubtedly be tagged, and Suggs if he did leave the price tag would be overkill. Because of this Berry's price range will probably be more then he's worth. He'll also be 34 years old next season. Depending on what he's asking for we could do worse. It really is an underwhelming group of free agents on the dline. The one guy I am intrigued by is former sehawks dt Marcus Tubbs. He's been injured the past few years. Most recently having acl surgery, failed his physical and his contract was terminated. If he can bounce back from that, the guy is a heck of a talent at dt. A de prospect is Victor Adeyanju from the Rams. He's a restricted free agent this year, and while his stats don't jump out at you, he was pushing Leonard Little for playing time this year, and is expected if he comes back to start for STL. He had 47 tackles 40 solo and 2 sacks on the year. It's too bad someone like Jonathan Babineaux re-upped with ATL, he would've been a nice player to have, and push Kyle Williams to the bench.

Sadly I dunno how much we could expect to improve the front 7 via free agency. Unless we pick up a lb like Dansby, which would just be a start. Albeit a very good start. There are some secondary players that are worth considering. Especially for safety help. While I would love to have Brian Dawkins on the Bills, he's to Philly what Ray Lewis is to Baltimore. Will Allen the one in tampa would be a nice pickup to compete for the starting job. Mike Brown will probably be a popular name. However, this is the first year he's managed to play the whole seasons since 03. I'd be skeptical about going after him. Although when healthy he's a good player. The guy I'd like to get assuming the jets don't re-sign him Abram Elam. He's criticized a lot by Jets fans, and he does have his limitations, but he's turning into a pretty quality player, and he's relatively young at 27 years old. They tried to replace him by switching Kerry Rhodes to FS and starting Eric Smith at SS. Elam eventually found his way back into a starting role. IMHO he's a great option to look into.

All in all we probably won't see the marquee players hit free agency per usual, and the ones that are available, won't make anyone sleep easier. The strongest players in free agency this year are at Linebacker, and that may be the way to go. Depending what the Bills want to do with Poz. Keep him at the mike, or move him to wlb. I'm not sure he has the range to play weakside, but if that's what they wanna do, there would be no better signing then Dansby, or Bart Scott.