You Can Scratch LA Off the List

May Day 10

Hate to rain on the parade but I could see the NFL being stupid enough to want two teams there again. I've saidd before - because I lived there when the Raiders and the Rams were both in town - LA is not an NFL city. Too many other entertainment options. The NFL would be stupid to once again allow the Raiders to be moved there (and the Bills too). They will do it though because there is a stronger corporate base in LA.

Arnold is on record as wanting two teams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2430018

I know it's an old article, but they've been talking about a team(s) in LA

for years.

The whole problem with Buffalo is our lack of corporations for box seats. Unless

we can overcome that, I don't think this team will stay. The new owner (when

Ralph passes on) would sit on the franchise until the economy gets better and

relocate in a heartbeat. Some city will pay for an NFL club.

Maybe, just maybe this recession will have long lasting effects on how corporations

spend their money and this is just a moot point.

Arnold is on record as wanting two teams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2430018

I know it's an old article, but they've been talking about a team(s) in LA

for years.

Yeah, that was before this: California could run out of money by February

The whole problem with Buffalo is our lack of corporations for box seats. Unless

we can overcome that, I don't think this team will stay. The new owner (when

Ralph passes on) would sit on the franchise until the economy gets better and

relocate in a heartbeat. Some city will pay for an NFL club.

Don't count on it. Especially with the Jags and Saints in direr straits.

I think everyone also underestimates the NFL's ripeness for expansion (once the economy straightens out.

Thinking about it, Im not sure if its in the NFL's interest to blow off a popular region to move to LA. I guess Toronto remains our biggest threat because theoretically its in the same region. However, I dont think it would be far-fetched to see expansion teams in Toronto and LA. I dont believe a team in Toronto would suffocate the Bills franchise.

I think everyone also underestimates the NFL's ripeness for expansion (once the economy straightens out.

Thinking about it, Im not sure if its in the NFL's interest to blow off a popular region to move to LA. I guess Toronto remains our biggest threat because theoretically its in the same region. However, I dont think it would be far-fetched to see expansion teams in Toronto and LA. I dont believe a team in Toronto would suffocate the Bills franchise.

i think most southern ontario bills fans would remain bills fans--from hamilton down

LA is one of our adversaries in keeping the Bills here. With LA off the relocation radar, the Bills are considerably more safe. I dont see the league hurrying back to Oakland if they are gone (and Al Davis is too).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3809431

I'm sorry. I missed the part of Mort's story where it was announced this billionaire closed his deal to purchase controlling interest in the Raiders and has begun relocating the team to Los Angeles. I did read where Mort and the Raiders don't get along very well, and that the Raiders' have denied any truth to the story. I also read that this could be a 5 or more year plan to get the Raiders back down to L.A., if at all.

Who says Wilson will still be alive in 5 more years? We all hope he will be of course, since I think most of us feel that having the Bills in Buffalo even with Ralph as his inner circle president, is better then not having them in Buffalo at all. But if Ralph passes away in his sleep tonight, the Bills franchise will be for sale to the highest bidder tomorrow.

And all of a sudden Mr. Megabuckspopolous, would turn his total attention to an NFL franchise that he could buy 100% ownership of and move to L.A., if Ralph dies before he can get majority ownership of another team.

Hate to rain on the parade but I could see the NFL being stupid enough to want two teams there again. I've saidd before - because I lived there when the Raiders and the Rams were both in town - LA is not an NFL city. Too many other entertainment options. The NFL would be stupid to once again allow the Raiders to be moved there (and the Bills too). They will do it though because there is a stronger corporate base in LA.

Even if LA has a suitable stadium with all the amenities to attract all those corporate patrons and even if they sold out every game, the #2 TV market in the land would still be an embarrassment to the league in terms of TV ratings. LA consistently ranked #3 in the ratings on Sunday afternoons. Not a good thing for the affiliates. Not a good thing for the networks. Not a good thing for the league. If you ask an advertiser to pay a premium for a (supposed) primo time slot in the nation's number two TV market, it better get the ratings to justify the price tag for the ad. In other words, your product better attract more viewers than re-runs of Gilligans Island on Sunday afternoons. That hasn't been the case in LA in the past.

GO BILLS!!!

LA cannot support a single team. Al, I love $$$$$$$$$ money more than God, Davis even left there. There is too much to do as mentioned above. If the NFL puts a team there it won't last long IMO.

If the Raiders leave the 49ers aren't going to allow any other team in Oakland. The only reason both teams are there now is because they both existed before the AFL and NFL merger.