Miami Playoff Atmosphere

I'm watching the Ravens vs Miam game and I noticed one thing:

Their stadium isn't even close to loud. The ravens are only up by 10 and you can't even hear the Miami fans. It also looks like the middle tier sections are mostly empty.

This is more reason why it sucks that the Bills haven't made it to the playoffs on such a long time. The Ralph would be rocking...

Their stadium isn't even close to loud. The ravens are only up by 10 and you can't even hear the Miami fans. It also looks like the middle tier sections are mostly empty.

This is more reason why it sucks that the Bills haven't made it to the playoffs on such a long time. The Ralph would be rocking...

the second half just started and it looks like most people didnt make it back to their sets yet

i did notice the lack of volume throughout the first half though and its not like thats a traditionlly loud stadium anyway

That's My Yami. I live here and have gone to many Bills-Fins games here and what you see and hear is par for the course.

Playoffs and Bowl games are like that this year. I ordered a couple tickets to the Fiesta bowl through UT, sadly I can't go, but I had to take a significant loss on the tickets just to sell them. There are literally people giving away tickets to the Fiesta Bowl this year.

Not sure why people aren't buying the tickets this year - lets take the easy way out and blame it on the economy - but they aren't.

If the Fins lose, I will SO enjoy their evisceration at the hands of the local media. It will take my mind off the evisceration of the Bills for awhile.....

I just spent an entire week in Fort Myers and Miami covering Cornell women's basketball who had a couple games down there. Not once, NOT ONCE did i hear mention of the dolphins from the locals, or even on any of the radio stations i listened to. On the sports talk radio, everything was about Robert Marve trying to transfer, and nobody wanted to call in about the fins. I even ate at Dan Marino's restaurant and nobody was talking dolphins. It was like the team didnt exist.

80 Degrees.... Beach, boat or smelly fish game?

Same reasons why the NFL does not make it in LA. When I lived there - in my early 20's and had the choice between hitting the beach (mostly for free) and seeing nearly nude beatiful young women sunning themselves or going to an expensive NFL game guess what I elected to do?

I just spent an entire week in Fort Myers and Miami covering Cornell women's basketball who had a couple games down there. Not once, NOT ONCE did i hear mention of the dolphins from the locals, or even on any of the radio stations i listened to. On the sports talk radio, everything was about Robert Marve trying to transfer, and nobody wanted to call in about the fins. I even ate at Dan Marino's restaurant and nobody was talking dolphins. It was like the team didnt exist.

There are dolphin fans. But many people who settle in south Florida come from many places and other loyalties. The ones I've talked with explain that they would rather watch the game on TV than go to the stadium, which has been renamed about five times. The good part as a Bills fan, it's always easy to get a ticket.... the Fins would be in this game if not for turnovers. Dan Marino's. Was there myself the last time I was in Miami.

I was listening to the beginning of the game on the radio and the sideline announcer, John Dockery, was talking to Marv Albert about how this was the wildest he's seen it in a "decade." He threw it back to Albert, who apparently lives in S. Florida, who responded with something to the effect "well, they haven't had a lot to cheer about," commented about how there are lots of transplants here, then changed the subject abruptly.

I live in Tampa and while it's not as bad as Miami, it is pretty much a bandwagon town, but I think there is a core fan base more devoted than the Dolphon fan base. While there is a season ticket waiting list in Tampa, the main reason is because a lot of people who bought season tickets just did it to resell them. This is the place which perfected house-flipping, so I guess it's a sign of the times.