My analysis on why Ralph kept DJ...

Alphadawg7

I get a kick out of you,you add a reply to a post and like it so much you copy and paste it to start another thread with the same babble.

My post in that other thread.. "Sooooo Is There Going To Be A Press Conference?, Or Were Those Lies Wilson Spewed Going To Be It??

I only started a thread about it because your thread at the time was getting little action and thought it would be a good discussion is all...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my opinnion and analysis on what's going on with Ralph bringing DJ back. I still prefer to replace DJ now, but keeping isn't as crazy as our record suggest and does make some sense when you look at the bigger picture.

1. He is right on the money about a young team needing continuity (doesn't mean DJ and co. are the answer, but you don't develop young talent with constant change).

2. We had shown some improvements before our slide which coincidentally was about the time we started losing quality players to injury (Greer, Schobel, Youboty, Trent, Reed, etc.) which greatly contributed to our slide and inconsistentcy.

3. DJ, believe it or not, is still considered to be a pretty good coach in the NFL circle.

4. Ralph signed him to the extension already, so pulling the plug on him is going to be expensive at this point.

5. Troubles and inconsistency at QB greatly contributed to the demise of our season and we have a young QB who also missed time due to injury. This was the biggest reason for our fall from grace, not DJ. When Trent began to struggle he started to regress big time...hard to win in this league when your QB is timid to throw downfield.

6. There are some top coaching candidates available right now, but it is very possible that next off season will have several elite coaching candidates available as well: Holmgren plans to take 1 year off, Cowher emphatically stated he does NOT want to coach this next year until his daughter graduates (and his top 2 chocies to coach won't be available likely next year Jets and Browns), Shannahan likely takes one season off, Mariucci and Billick could also still be there, etc. Add Andy Reid too to that mix as I think he is back next year, but it might be his last unless Philly has a real strong season.

7. This team dealt with injury's to a lot key players on both D Line and O Line, QB, the secondary and LB positions. We didn't have the depth to overcome that.

So, when you add up all the variables, it makes some sense to give DJ one year to try and rebound. If he falters next year (which very well could happen with what appears to be a tough schedule next season) there will be some Elite coaches available and likely quite a bit fewer job openings than this season increasing our odds to land one.

What?! Did the sun rise in the west today? A TBD post that actually has some rational analysis? Your analysis makes sense.

Kudos to you, because if I read one more self-indulgent post by a "fan" threatening to cancel tickets, burn Bills gear, etc., I am going to throw my Dell out the window. You're all trying to be clever and witty, but here's what you sound like:

"Wahhhhhh. I have disposable income that enables me to buy season tickets, so that entitles me to whine sancimoniously about the quality of the 'product."

"Wahhhhh. I am so mad about Jauron staying on as HC, I am going to hold my breath, stomp my feet, and not eat my carrots. Did I mention that I have season tickets and I am entitled to whine sanctimoniously about the quality of the product?"

News flash: this is NFL football, not life-saving surgery. This is entertainment. If you don't like the entertainment, don't go to games, don't watch games, don't buy stuff--the same way you choose not to watch movies directed by certain people, or select the NHL over NASCAR. I'll bet when the Bills were 5-1 and the product was 'good,' the thought of selling your tickets or cancelling DirecTV was the farthest thing from your minds. Nobody is forcing you to spend a dime on Bills football--in fact, I am jealous of the fact that you can drop that kind of coin for tickets, travel and all the trimmings.

So, fine. Vent a little on TBD, sell your tickets, cancel Sunday Ticket and sell your Bills merchandise on eBay. Then, don't let the turnstile hit you on the ass on your way out. Those of us who understand what it means to be a fan of an NFL team--especially one that has been part of our lives from childhood and is inextricably tied to the character and personality of a city--will still be with this team next year and for as long as it is in Buffalo.

Your assertions that we are mindless drones will have about as much effect on our commitment as fans as your selling your season tickets will have on the Bills franchise.

What?! Did the sun rise in the west today? A TBD post that actually has some rational analysis? Your analysis makes sense.

Kudos to you, because if I read one more self-indulgent post by a "fan" threatening to cancel tickets, burn Bills gear, etc., I am going to throw my Dell out the window. You're all trying to be clever and witty, but here's what you sound like:

"Wahhhhhh. I have disposable income that enables me to buy season tickets, so that entitles me to whine sancimoniously about the quality of the 'product."

"Wahhhhh. I am so mad about Jauron staying on as HC, I am going to hold my breath, stomp my feet, and not eat my carrots. Did I mention that I have season tickets and I am entitled to whine sanctimoniously about the quality of the product?"

News flash: this is NFL football, not life-saving surgery. This is entertainment. If you don't like the entertainment, don't go to games, don't watch games, don't buy stuff--the same way you choose not to watch movies directed by certain people, or select the NHL over NASCAR. I'll bet when the Bills were 5-1 and the product was 'good,' the thought of selling your tickets or cancelling DirecTV was the farthest thing from your minds. Nobody is forcing you to spend a dime on Bills football--in fact, I am jealous of the fact that you can drop that kind of coin for tickets, travel and all the trimmings.

So, fine. Vent a little on TBD, sell your tickets, cancel Sunday Ticket and sell your Bills merchandise on eBay. Then, don't let the turnstile hit you on the ass on your way out. Those of us who understand what it means to be a fan of an NFL team--especially one that has been part of our lives from childhood and is inextricably tied to the character and personality of a city--will still be with this team next year and for as long as it is in Buffalo.

Your assertions that we are mindless drones will have about as much effect on our commitment as fans as your selling your season tickets will have on the Bills franchise.

:devil: too funny...nice...they can call the "wahhh-mbulance"....its siren goes "wahhh, wahhh, wahhh"

You're right, some people take it to the extreme. There's no way in hell I'm burning my Bills merchandise!! But I still might cancel the NFL package though, it all depends on what moves are made in FA & the draft. I cancelled the NHL package last year when the Sabres failed to resign Drury and/or Briere, I just don't know if I could take another year of Jauron ball.

I get a kick out of you,you add a reply to a post and like it so much you copy and paste it to start another thread with the same babble.

My post in that other thread.. "Sooooo Is There Going To Be A Press Conference?, Or Were Those Lies Wilson Spewed Going To Be It??

Nothing new, the Bills just put the cart in front of the horse. They rush to re-sign a coach that no other team would want before the season is up and they can do a proper evaluation, and they let their most talented player, a player that 31 other teams would be interested in, twist in the wind on his contract for over a year. Sheer genius.

Here is my opinnion and analysis on what's going on with Ralph bringing DJ back. I still prefer to replace DJ now, but keeping isn't as crazy as our record suggest and does make some sense when you look at the bigger picture.

3. DJ, believe it or not, is still considered to be a pretty good coach in the NFL circle.

So, when you add up all the variables, it makes some sense to give DJ one year to try and rebound. If he falters next year (which very well could happen with what appears to be a tough schedule next season) there will be some Elite coaches available and likely quite a bit fewer job openings than this season increasing our odds to land one.

After 2 head coaching jobs, the fact which stands out is that Jauron has regressed. He has absolutely no excuse whatsoever for the horrible play calling and time mismanagement that happened this year. No one is perfect. The mistakes that Jauron made, or allowed to happen, would be understandable if he was a rookie HC. He isn't. He's had 3 years to prove himself in Buffalo and instead he's produced 7-9 duds each year.

If you can give me any tangible reasons why his 4th year should be any different than the first three, I'm all ears.

After 2 head coaching jobs, the fact which stands out is that Jauron has regressed. He has absolutely no excuse whatsoever for the horrible play calling and time mismanagement that happened this year. No one is perfect. The mistakes that Jauron made, or allowed to happen, would be understandable if he was a rookie HC. He isn't. He's had 3 years to prove himself in Buffalo and instead he's produced 7-9 duds each year.

If you can give me any tangible reasons why his 4th year should be any different than the first three, I'm all ears.

I am not defending the guy...even started the post saying I prefer to replace him. My only point is that keeping him isnt as absurd as his record if you look at the whole picture, and still could work out.

Honestly, for us to win as many games last year as we did was a miracle with all the injuries we had. Many of our players we were starting we not starting caliber players and some would struggle to start in the World League.

We were hit hard by injuries then ended the year with a Rookie QB and dealt with the devastating Everett situation. Most among the NFL thought he did a heck of a job last year, myself included, given the circumstance.

He again was hit hard by injuries, had no consistency at QB, Trent even regressed.

So, that is why he is not looked at as bad in the NFL circle as he is by Buffalo fans.

Thank you, thank you.

Signed,

Ralph C. Wilson Jr.

I am not defending the guy...even started the post saying I prefer to replace him. My only point is that keeping him isnt as absurd as his record if you look at the whole picture, and still could work out.

Honestly, for us to win as many games last year as we did was a miracle with all the injuries we had. Many of our players we were starting we not starting caliber players and some would struggle to start in the World League.

We were hit hard by injuries then ended the year with a Rookie QB and dealt with the devastating Everett situation. Most among the NFL thought he did a heck of a job last year, myself included, given the circumstance.

He again was hit hard by injuries, had no consistency at QB, Trent even regressed.

So, that is why he is not looked at as bad in the NFL circle as he is by Buffalo fans.

You know who was hit much harder by injuries than the Bills? New England*. I don't hear them using it as an excuse. They had a QB that hadn't started a game since high school. They went 11-5.

You know who was hit much harder by injuries than the Bills? New England*. I don't hear them using it as an excuse. They had a QB that hadn't started a game since high school. They went 11-5.

New England drafts well.

The Bills don't.

New England doesn't overpay for subpar players.

The Bills do.

There's your answer.

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Sincerely,Rusty Jones

yeah, as much as i try to support the team and it's decisions (and therefore the players and coaches, whoever they may be) i can not use injuries as an excuse for this teams performance. too many other teams have injuries. actually, EVERY team has injuries. good TEAMS adapt and play through them.

yeah, as much as i try to support the team and it's decisions (and therefore the players and coaches, whoever they may be) i can not use injuries as an excuse for this teams performance. too many other teams have injuries. actually, EVERY team has injuries. good TEAMS adapt and play through them.

every team does have injuries, but we have been hit exceptionally hard and did not have the depth to overcome it. We don't draft as well as NE...

Cassel was not as big a shock either as it was for casual fan. He was playing lights out in the preseason a couple years ago and rumbles were brewing in fan circles of a QB controversy as absurd as that is.

I know Cassels mom, worked with her on the TV show "My own worst enemy" this season as she was head of wardrobe. Nice lady, all her sons are pro athletes. He was highly recruited coming out of high school and got stuck behind 2 Heisman QB's then Mr. all world himself Brady. It says something to never have started a game in college as a QB and to still get drafted. Chow said Cassel was his #1 priority to sign after the draft becasue he thought no one would have drafted him since he hadnt started a game. He said if he knew he was on someones radar he would have pushed to use a draft pick on him as he knew his capabilities from USC days.

I actually was not surprised by his performance, especially with Welker and Moss to throw to. By the way, off the record, Welker she said is the nicest guy, total class act, humble, and real laid back.

The excuses posted at the top of this thread is exactly the type of dreaming that Ralph is counting on to sell tickets next year. The REAL reason DJ is still here=$$$. $6 million to get rid of him, and aprox $1-2 million more for all the assistants. Period. As for all that other stuff: flip it around: If Seattle hadn't been down to their 5th and 6th recievers; if Hardy's foot is called "out of the end zone" in Jax, which it may have been; if Oakland doesn't fall apart late in that game; St Louis led us at half time; both the second jets game and the Denver game, we were getting totally killed into the second quarter; and we had one of the easiest schedules in history. But we were thisssssss close....

1. He is right on the money about a young team needing continuity (doesn't mean DJ and co. are the answer, but you don't develop young talent with constant change).

2. We had shown some improvements before our slide which coincidentally was about the time we started losing quality players to injury (Greer, Schobel, Youboty, Trent, Reed, etc.) which greatly contributed to our slide and inconsistentcy.

4. Ralph signed him to the extension already, so pulling the plug on him is going to be expensive at this point.

5. Troubles and inconsistency at QB greatly contributed to the demise of our season and we have a young QB who also missed time due to injury. This was the biggest reason for our fall from grace, not DJ. When Trent began to struggle he started to regress big time...hard to win in this league when your QB is timid to throw downfield.

6. There are some top coaching candidates available right now, but it is very possible that next off season will have several elite coaching candidates available as well: Holmgren plans to take 1 year off, Cowher emphatically stated he does NOT want to coach this next year until his daughter graduates (and his top 2 chocies to coach won't be available likely next year Jets and Browns), Shannahan likely takes one season off, Mariucci and Billick could also still be there, etc. Add Andy Reid too to that mix as I think he is back next year, but it might be his last unless Philly has a real strong season.

7. This team dealt with injury's to a lot key players on both D Line and O Line, QB, the secondary and LB positions. We didn't have the depth to overcome that.

what a kiss arse post

What I hope Ralph did was Identify 2 or 3 candidates who he thought could be significantly better than Juaron - made inquires and was turned down- It does make sense to keep Juaron over other mediocre coaches - who needs two years of transition.