Hargrove

As a player I like him but you got to wonder If he has a freaken brain in his head with stuff he does off the field.

No disrespect, but what did this guy ever do--besides wave his arms around so that the crowd would yell louder--to make anyobody think he's the least bit productive? The guy has 10.5 sacks in 57 career games, and 6.5 of those came in 5 out of 16 games in 2005. Leave out those 5 games (which clearly are the anomoly and not the norm), and you're talking about a guy that averages one sack every 13 games. Yuck.

No disrespect, but what did this guy ever do--besides wave his arms around so that the crowd would yell louder--to make anyobody think he's the least bit productive? The guy has 10.5 sacks in 57 career games, and 6.5 of those came in 5 out of 16 games in 2005. Leave out those 5 games (which clearly are the anomoly and not the norm), and you're talking about a guy that averages one sack every 13 games. Yuck.

Not that I'm a fan of bringing el pothead back, but how much playing time did he get over the 57 career games you are using to come up with your number of 1 sack for every 13 games?

I guarantee you he would be more productive at DE than the "next" great white hope, Chris Kelsay. :devil:

Not that I'm a fan of bringing el pothead back, but how much playing time did he get over the 57 career games you are using to come up with your number of 1 sack for every 13 games?

I guarantee you he would be more productive at DE than the "next" great white hope, Chris Kelsay. :devil:

well, call me crazy, but if he didn't get a lot of playing time, there was probably a reason. For the sake of argument, I took a look at the 2005 numbers again, and realized that it was actually 4.5 sacks in the final 3 games of the season, which would bring the number down to 6 sacks in the remaining 54--or one sack every 9 games...sorry about that.

As to your guarantee, there is absolutely no evidence to support that assertion. Considering that the best season of his career produced almost identical numbers to Kelsay's best season:

Hargrove 2005: 51 tackles (43 solo), 6.5 sacks, 2 passes defended, 0 turnovers

Kelsay 2006: 61 tackles (41 solo), 5.5 sacks, 4 passes defended, 0 turnovers

Sorry dude, but I'm not really sure what you see here that would lead you to believe he'll be anything more than a glorified special teamer. Hargrove had 2.5 sacks in 22 games with Buffalo, playing about 40 percent of the defensive snaps (which is pretty standard for a situational pass rusher).

I'll be thrilled if the Bills bring in a solid pass rusher, but good grief, Hargrove isn't one.

well, call me crazy, but if he didn't get a lot of playing time, there was probably a reason. For the sake of argument, I took a look at the 2005 numbers again, and realized that it was actually 4.5 sacks in the final 3 games of the season, which would bring the number down to 6 sacks in the remaining 54--or one sack every 9 games...sorry about that.

As to your guarantee, there is absolutely no evidence to support that assertion. Considering that the best season of his career produced almost identical numbers to Kelsay's best season:

Sorry dude, but I'm not really sure what you see here that would lead you to believe he'll be anything more than a glorified special teamer. Hargrove had 2.5 sacks in 22 games with Buffalo, playing about 40 percent of the defensive snaps (which is pretty standard for a situational pass rusher).

I'll be thrilled if the Bills bring in a solid pass rusher, but good grief, Hargrove isn't one.

Stats don't tell the whole story, friend. Hargrove was one of our best, most tenacious pass rushers during his time here. Granted, that doesn't say much, BUT: Someone put together a highlight film of 2007, and just about all the big shots on quarterbacks were dished out by #93. He would have helped this team A LOT this year. Again, not that that would have taken MUCH.

Stats don't tell the whole story, friend. Hargrove was one of our best, most tenacious pass rushers during his time here. Granted, that doesn't say much, BUT: Someone put together a highlight film of 2007, and just about all the big shots on quarterbacks were dished out by #93. He would have helped this team A LOT this year. Again, not that that would have taken MUCH.

Ok that does it brother, school is in session (sarcasm).

How can you possibly say that "Hargrove was one of our best, most tenacious pass rushers during his time here". I would hope that a team's best pass rusher actually gets a sack more than once every 2 months. Unless, by that statement, you meant he was one of the top 4 pass rushers on the team, then I agree with that, since the Bills only keep 4 DE's on the roster. Were you and I watching 2 completely different teams?

I realize that stats don't tell the whole story, but they do tell most of it, and this guy had 2.5 sacks in 22 games. How do you quantify that "just about all the big shots on QBs" came from Hargrove? Because some dude made a highlight video on his computer? Seriously? I watched this guy play in all 22 of those games, and he looked like a cheerleader out there. Too busy asking the crowd to make noise to rush the passer. Let me ask you the following:

How many of Hargroves "tenacious" hits still resulted in completed passes?

How many turnovers did he force?

How may game-changing plays did he make?

If this guy is so great, why did St. Louis ditch him for a 5th round pick?

If he's such a great pass rusher, explain how the Bills racked up 40 sacks in 2006 (Hargrove played 8 games here that season and had 1.0 sack), but slipped to a mere 26 sacks in 2007, Mr. Tenacity's only full season with the club. Certainly, if he were any type of decent player, he would have had some positive effect on the team's pass rush, right?

Sorry man, but you're going to have to tell me one fact about something that this guy did on the field during his time here, or anywhere else, to support that opinion. And a highlight video of him hitting quarterbacks a few times isn't going to do it for me.

Ok that does it brother, school is in session (sarcasm).

How can you possibly say that "Hargrove was one of our best, most tenacious pass rushers during his time here". I would hope that a team's best pass rusher actually gets a sack more than once every 2 months. Unless, by that statement, you meant he was one of the top 4 pass rushers on the team, then I agree with that, since the Bills only keep 4 DE's on the roster. Were you and I watching 2 completely different teams?

I realize that stats don't tell the whole story, but they do tell most of it, and this guy had 2.5 sacks in 22 games. How do you quantify that "just about all the big shots on QBs" came from Hargrove? Because some dude made a highlight video on his computer? Seriously? I watched this guy play in all 22 of those games, and he looked like a cheerleader out there. Too busy asking the crowd to make noise to rush the passer. Let me ask you the following:

How many of Hargroves "tenacious" hits still resulted in completed passes?

How many turnovers did he force?

How may game-changing plays did he make?

If this guy is so great, why did St. Louis ditch him for a 5th round pick?

If he's such a great pass rusher, explain how the Bills racked up 40 sacks in 2006 (Hargrove played 8 games here that season and had 1.0 sack), but slipped to a mere 26 sacks in 2007, Mr. Tenacity's only full season with the club.

Sorry man, but you're going to have to tell me one fact about something that this guy did on the field during his time here, or anywhere else, to suppor that opinion. And a highlight video of him hitting quarterbacks a few times isn't going to do it for me.

Don't feel like it.

ROOKIE

Hargrove had limited playing time. If you look at what he did per downs he played I would bet you would be shocked. Is he a pro bowler,"NO", but he was better then the scrubs in front of him. Your next question "ROOKIE" is probably, Why didn't he play more then? When you have 2 DE's making a boat load a money, that's who is going to play, regardless of who the better player is unfortunately. The money players get every opportunity to fail and fail they have done...

Agreed he was an adequate rotational player but hard to call him an instant upgrade. Problem here is that the current bar is so low almost anyone appears to be an improvement.

Once again, I am not Hargrove's biggest fan, but you are comparing stats for one player who is a starter and one who is a reserve. Did you ever hear of comparing apples to apples instead of apples to oranges? :D

Regardless of his numbers, if you watch him, he can actually get to the passer. He has legit pass rushing talent - a good size speed ratio for a 4-3 end. He's a far more talented rusher than Kelsay.