BEST Buffalo PIZZA

Its another topic....

Who Has the best Pizza in Buffalo?

If you dont live in Buffalo anymore, where is the best place to get Buffalo style in your town.... I travel 3 weeks a month and would love ideas. Especially for LA.

for me, the best Pizza is Atlanta is...

GALLA Pizza

They have Sahlens, Beef on Weck AWESOME pizza and wings.....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its another topic....

Who Has the best Pizza in Buffalo?

If you dont live in Buffalo anymore, where is the best place to get Buffalo style in your town.... I travel 3 weeks a month and would love ideas. Especially for LA.

for me, the best Pizza is Atlanta is...

GALLA Pizza

They have Sahlens, Beef on Weck AWESOME pizza and wings.....

Theres that bar in Ft Lauderdale too.. Cant remember the name either...

This needs to be moved to Off the Wall.

I always thought that the pizza in Niagara Falls was better than the pizza in the Bufftown. After living in Boston, NYC, SF, LA and now northern Florida, I think Buffalo pizza is generally, consistently OK. LaNova is the perfect example...there is really nothing special or interesting about LaNova pizza, IMO. It's better than the average pizza in most towns, though.

As I prefer an extremely thin crust, cooked in a VERY hot oven, until crisp, most Buffalo pizza just isn't my style.

i had some Just Pizza when i was home last week, it was the exactly the type of pizza ive been longing for down here in Atlanta.

Id go with La Nova too.

I'm a Bocce's guy. That's the one I get everytime I go back home to visit.

(although I did get La Nova from a street cart on Chippewa last time I was home for the Bills Jets game)

Pizza Junction -NT

Always stop there when I get back. Great Fingers too!

Pizza Junction is among the top pizzas in WNY, IMO. LaHacienda (Pine Avenue), Buzzy's and Ventry's (for slices) in Niagara Falls, are good, as well.

IMO, although it has declined, LaHacienda in Niagara Falls is the best pizza in the area. Pepperoni, WELL DONE, eat it there...heaven!

Mister Pizza used to be good (like a better version of LaNova), but I've only had it once since it moved, and it was just OK. Just Pizza is just OK, in my book. I'd add Santoras to that list, too. If you are explicit on how you want the pizza made, they do an OK job.

Bocce is good, but I can't eat it all the time. There used to be a Bocce knock-off that was good, too (Milano's maybe?).

Isn't there a pizzeria in WNY that uses wood fired, or coal fired, brick ovens and makes their pizzas very thin, and cooks then until the crust is blackening? I thought there was a Tuscan-style place in the area.

Bocce is good, but I can't eat it all the time. There used to be a Bocce knock-off that was good, too (Milano's maybe?).

Yeah Dean, it was called Milano's. I ate there all the time when I was in college. THe owner used to work at Bocce's and opened his own place with basically the same recipe. I agree that Pizza Junction is good but I like their subs and wings more than their pizza.

I liked Avenue, just off of Hertel.

But try the new frozen offerings. DeGiornio broke the mold in years ago - made frozen pizzas pretty good - but they've gone to the garlic dark side, unfortunately.

I recommend the Tombstone brand...$4.50 to $3.50 price depending on on-sale price.

Easy to cook - buy a 6-buck aluminum perforated pizza pan, plop it on - 15 - 18 minutes in a pre-heated 400F oven.

Give one a try - you might find that that high horse you are sitting on, declaring yourself a pizza gourmand of the first rank, falls into the toilet when you find yourself still burping with satisfaction and saving 10 bucks...

:devil:

Edited by stuckincincy

I liked Avenue, just off of Hertel.

But try the new frozen offerings. DeGiornio broke the mold in years ago - made frozen pizzas pretty good - but they've gone to the garlic dark side, unfortunately.

I recommend the Tombstone brand...$4.50 to $3.50 price depending on on-sale price.

Easy to cook - buy a 6-buck aluminum perforated pizza pan, plop it on - 15 - 18 minutes in a pre-heated 400F oven.

Give one a try - you might find that that high horse you are sitting on, declaring yourself a pizza gourmand of the first rank, falls into the toilet when you find yourself still burping with satisfaction and saving 10 bucks...

:P

Get one of these at Amazon or Walmart, they do an amazing job. :devil:

I'm sure they are amazing. Been on the market for a while.

I'm also sure they have set up a shell corporation for that with zero assets to avoid totally valid liability claims. :devil:

If you are (God forbid) going to make frozen pizzas, you might want to try cooking one on a pizza/baking stone (bricks are fine, too). It actually makes the crust acceptable, for the most part.