Chase Coffman for TE. 2nd or 3rd round.

Chase Coffman was first team AP All-America, 2nd team All Big 12. His father is former Packer Pro Bowl player Paul Coffman. This guy is like 6'6" 250 and made great catches all year long. He missed a couple games with turf toe, but still caught at least a dozen TD passes. He's a great athlete. He hurdled guys. He's amazing.

I don't want us to use a first round pick on a tight end, especially when Coffman can be had in the 2nd or 3rd. He's what we need. Go to youtube and punch in his name. You'll see dozens of highlights. There were a couple catches in the Big 12 Championship game that were amazing parallel to the ground catch the ball 5 feet out of bounds tap the toe types.

You could say I'm a Missouri homer, but he's the only guy I'd draft for this team for certain. There are other players who will be drafted, but I think Coffman is the best fit for the Bills. We can finally end this tight end drought. Better than Metzelaars.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chase Coffman was first team AP All-America, 2nd team All Big 12. His father is former Packer Pro Bowl player Paul Coffman. This guy is like 6'6" 250 and made great catches all year long. He missed a couple games with turf toe, but still caught at least a dozen TD passes. He's a great athlete. He hurdled guys. He's amazing.

I don't want us to use a first round pick on a tight end, especially when Coffman can be had in the 2nd or 3rd. He's what we need. Go to youtube and punch in his name. You'll see dozens of highlights. There were a couple catches in the Big 12 Championship game that were amazing parallel to the ground catch the ball 5 feet out of bounds tap the toe types.

You could say I'm a Missouri homer, but he's the only guy I'd draft for this team for certain. There are other players who will be drafted, but I think Coffman is the best fit for the Bills. We can finally end this tight end drought. Better than Metzelaars.

Can he block?

He has made some fantastic catches. In a preseason analysis his blocking was questioned. I don't remember any other mentions of that particular weakness. He is in a spread offense, and they scored a ton of points. I supposed he threw a block or two. He's 6'6" 250, I would imagine he can block. He does everything else.

Can he block?

Good question.

I think the offense that he plays in is going to hurt him on draft day. He may turn out to be a very good pro, but I think there are going to be a good number of doubters this spring as to whether or not he'll be an effective inline blocker at the pro level. For that reason, I think he's probably going to go in the 3rd or 4th round, possibly even later depending upon the injury.

So you're saying you want to spend the 11th pick on Gresham? Coffman can probably be had a round later.

Who knows what is going to happen - where either of them are going to go, what trades are going to happen, etc. What you asked for is a better way to solve the TE problem, and I gave you a better player.

Coffman reminds me of Kevin Boss of the Giants, except Coffman can make a lot more plays down field. Gresham looks solid as well, id take either guy. However, DE is a major priority at this point. If Coffman can be had round 2 cool, maybe Buffalo makes a trade to get back into the first or even 2nd round to grab him......a lot of things can happen.

Really, free agency will dictate what our team does draft day. If we can get a DE via FA, I can see us going TE with the first pick, DE 2nd round maybe center third round.......

For some reason I think if we tried Brad Butler at center he would play well there. How about this for an OL?

Peters Dockery Butler Chambers Walker........

Who knows what is going to happen - where either of them are going to go, what trades are going to happen, etc. What you asked for is a better way to solve the TE problem, and I gave you a better more athletic player.

fixed :devil:

Who knows what is going to happen - where either of them are going to go, what trades are going to happen, etc. What you asked for is a better way to solve the TE problem, and I gave you a better player.

The Oklahoma guy is great, but I think he is overrated. No way would I take him at #11. Let's wait till the Wonderlic comes out. Coffman's dad was a Pro-bowl player, so we know Chase has the gene pool.

The Oklahoma guy is great, but I think he is overrated. No way would I take him at #11. Let's wait till the Wonderlic comes out. Coffman's dad was a Pro-bowl player, so we know Chase has the gene pool.

It don't take a genius to be a TE.