Chase Coffman for TE. 2nd or 3rd round.

Gresham will be the far superior NFL TE to Coffman. He's more gifted athletically, has great hands and will fit the pro-style attack better than Coffman.

That said, I don't think the Bills should use the 11th pick on him -- but if they did I wouldn't be crying (too loudly).

I disagree with everything you wrote here. Gresham's hands aren't the greatest. Last year vs Texas he had some crucial drops in that game. I like St.Louis watched Coffman closely in college and I have NEVER seen him drop a pass thrown in his direction. He may not have the vertical speed of Gresham(?), but he was a first down everytime he was thrown the ball. Coffman WILL be the better pro than Jermaine Gresham.

As far as a QB in the draft, it better come in the 7th rd and be a compensatory pick.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is coffman going to tear it up like Martin Rucker did this past season?

Depends will a team with an allpro te pick coffman for no reason, in a trade up after trading away all their prior picks in an attempt to sell the farm to win? There was zero reason for the browns to trade up and pick Rucker. The only thing that made less sense was the Redskins taking fred davis. The cowboys ended up taking the te I was hoping the bills would get in the 2nd Martellus Bennett, but they got use out of him. To come up with almost 300 yards and 4 tds as the #2 te behind jason witten, on a team with TO, Witten, Marion Barber, and Crayton is pretty impressive. Regardless the bills in my lifetime have never had a te worth a damn. Personally I'd prefer Gresham. The easiest way to improving quarterback play no matter who you have behind center is to get an athlete who can work the middle of the field. Even better if he's a speed demon from the position.

I wondered the same thing. Turns out Rucker was injured, and out, for most of the season. He saw some limited action in 4 games. I won't judge him on this year's contribution.

The big thing we need out of a TE imo is so the defense has to account for him on every play & we need someone that could stretch the field down the middle seams. If we had this, it would open up the underneath passing game & make Edwards & every other receiver's job on the field that much easier. As of right now we do not have a TE that could do these things. I would be fine if we took Gresham @ 11. The guy is a game changer. Think Shannon Sharpe in his heyday with the Broncos. I really do not give a F8ck if he could block or not. We have tried the Dbs/Wrs/Rb route the past few years in the first round, I have no problem giving Gresham a shot at #11.