"Are You Pumped For Year Four of Jauron?"

Lori

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you knew Sal, and it's obvious you don't, you'd realize just how far off the mark your analysis is. But, whatever ...

I have read his stuff before- and it was usually better than this. Mike Shanahan should not have been fired.

I guess the "inner circle" thought at the time of 5-1, that Dick Jauron might be a red-hot coaching prospect by the end of the year. But, yeah, the messenger is the "stupid one." :worthy:

No one has wanted DJ as a HC since about 2001. Even then, you know Jerry Angelo wanted him gone. It would take five years before the Bears organization decided to rid themselves of DJ.

It was reported RW personally negotiated the contract with DJ or his people. If that's the case, why even have a front office? Ralph thinks he can do it all himself, at 90 years of age.

No one has wanted DJ as a HC since about 2001. Even then, you know Jerry Angelo wanted him gone. It would take five years before the Bears organization decided to rid themselves of DJ.
It took Jerry Angelo about 23 seconds to realize that Dick's master plan of grooming Cade McNown as the leader of his team was a train wreck and mushroom cloud before he shipped the guy out of town for a song.
It was reported RW personally negotiated the contract with DJ or his people. If that's the case, why even have a front office? Ralph thinks he can do it all himself, at 90 years of age.

That Jim Mora tirade was a thing of beauty, though. :beer:

Sometimes even good coaches need to be fired.

It took Jerry Angelo about 23 seconds to realize that Dick's master plan of grooming Cade McNown as the leader of his team was a train wreck and mushroom cloud before he shipped the guy out of town for a song.

That Jim Mora tirade was a thing of beauty, though. :beer:

Sometimes even good coaches need to be fired.

DJ has the ultimate in job security: no one who knows football and has the authority to can his butt. Angelo knew DJ was a failure, as you point out, and probably knew he'd eventually send him packing.

I'd take Jim Mora just for the tirades. At least the losses would be more entertaining.

Dick will be gone by November next year, when the team is 2-8.

IMO, all Ralph's doing is setting him up like a milk can to be knocked down by the team's tough schedule and mediocre talent--and pushing the headache of another off-season shuffle one year futher into the future.

Ralph doesn't give a crap. He laughed when his team got beat like a stray dog at the "Home" game in Toronto. All he wants to do is line his pockets as much as possible until curtain time.

DJ has the ultimate in job security: no one who knows football and has the authority to can his butt. Angelo knew DJ was a failure, as you point out, and probably knew he'd eventually send him packing.

I'd take Jim Mora just for the tirades. At least the losses would be more entertaining.

Oh, I'd take Jim Mora in a NY minute- that guy was a great football coach

this feels more like we're stuck in the move Deliverance...except after we're done squealing for the hillbilly, Ralph Wilson shoots US with the bow and arrow....

Lol......Maybe they should play dueling banjos over the sound system at the Ralph

because he has "all the time in the world"?

Something like 98.5% of his contempararies are gone as in pushing up daisies. Going to give Jauron more time. If he had to the twelfth of never, it wouldn't be long enough to see a turnaround.

I have read his stuff before- and it was usually better than this. Mike Shanahan should not have been fired.

That comment right there shows you don't know what you're talking about.

Shanahan was fired just as much for his personnel moves as his coaching. He has built and re-built the defense 3 times, spending lavishly on free agents with very little result. He has drafted very poorly in the past few years. Not to mention, since the Super Bowl wins how many winning seasons has he had?

Look it up. That's your homework for the day.

Shanahan was fired just as much for his personnel moves as his coaching. He has built and re-built the defense 3 times, spending lavishly on free agents with very little result. He has drafted very poorly in the past few years. Not to mention, since the Super Bowl wins how many winning seasons has he had?

The bottom line is that Shanahan (or his team) didn't perform up to expectations, so he got canned. That is how life is supposed to work. We were told last year that Jauron was being retained, and that the expectation was playoffs this year. He failed, yet he is back. W-L is not as important as meeting expectations. It is why Shanahan, Mangini, Philips, and Jauron all deserved to be fired. They did not come close to meeting the expectations set for them this season. At least Shanahan could argue that better could be expected in the future. Mangini could argue that he's had winning seasons 2 out of 3 years. Phillips could argue that he had a winning record and has perennially led playoff teams. What's Dick's argument again? And he's the one that still has a job????

Hey- I live down here- I know the story. A coach should NEVER be the acting GM....it barely ever works and it cost Denver a hall of fame coach. Mike Shanahan is as good as any coach I have seen in the league. He was fired for his personnel moves- not his coaching at all.

As far as the Bills- I understand that Jauron is not Vince Lombardi- I just defend him because I feel there is way too much venom directed his way- its not his fault that Wilson has driven the GM's out of town, nor is it his fault that we haven't made playoffs for 10 years- he has only been here three of those 10. I remember the complete disarray we were in from the Mularkey era- anyone remember him having to suspend Sam Adams? Over the last three years we seem much more organized and disciplined- I see Jauron's control over personnel aquisition as more of a problem that his coaching. As I said, no coach could win with our offensive and defensive lines.....speaking of our defensive lines- Kelsay and Denney remind me of Mark Pike- and I don't mean on special teams

Hey- I live down here- I know the story. A coach should NEVER be the acting GM....it barely ever works and it cost Denver a hall of fame coach. Mike Shanahan is as good as any coach I have seen in the league. He was fired for his personnel moves- not his coaching at all.

As far as the Bills- I understand that Jauron is not Vince Lombardi- I just defend him because I feel there is way too much venom directed his way- its not his fault that Wilson has driven the GM's out of town, nor is it his fault that we haven't made playoffs for 10 years- he has only been here three of those 10. I remember the complete disarray we were in from the Mularkey era- anyone remember him having to suspend Sam Adams? Over the last three years we seem much more organized and disciplined- I see Jauron's control over personnel aquisition as more of a problem that his coaching. As I said, no coach could win with our offensive and defensive lines.....speaking of our defensive lines- Kelsay and Denney remind me of Mark Pike- and I don't mean on special teams

He's a fine coach, but you can't strip his GM duties away from him... he simply won't buy into that because he can get full control elsewhere. Thus, they were forced to fire him. Change after 14 years is probably needed anyway.

As for DJ, if fans want to express anger, they should look no further than Jim Overdorf, John Guy, and Tom Modrak. They are the reason this team flat out sucks.

They drafted poorly, let good players go to sign mediocre players to inflated deals, and failed to address the true needs of this team.

He's a fine coach, but you can't strip his GM duties away from him... he simply won't buy into that because he can get full control elsewhere. Thus, they were forced to fire him. Change after 14 years is probably needed anyway.

As for DJ, if fans want to express anger, they should look no further than Jim Overdorf, John Guy, and Tom Modrak. They are the reason this team flat out sucks.

They drafted poorly, let good players go to sign mediocre players to inflated deals, and failed to address the true needs of this team.

You are probably right on most of that- except that the Broncos needed a new coach after 14 years- it is unlikely they will find a coach of Shanahan's caliber anytime soon. A side note to that- his wife commented that he was more concerned for the jobs of his assistants than his own- thats the kind of person you go to battle for- Jay Cutler is beside himself right now over the move.

Either way, our society takes sports way too seriously. If people get so depressed over football, they should stop watching it.....sports are meant to be an escape from real life.....not real life itself.

IMO, you change the coach when the coach is not getting the most out of the expected talent he has. I still don't believe BFLO has the talent, just as I did to start the year... I am amazed they went 7-9 and were that competitive... Yes, I am not happy with the collapse after a great start.

Believe it or not, Dick is squeezing everything out of this team... IMO, you don't change the coach in this situation.

When did people think that the Bills became suddenly loaded with talent is beyond me... Ralph knows that, he is the cheapskate that is springing for all this.

The pieces are in place though... And depth is very suspect.

Flame away...

IMO, you change the coach when the coach is not getting the most out of the expected talent he has. I still don't believe BFLO has the talent, just as I did to start the year... I am amazed they went 7-9 and were that competitive... Yes, I am not happy with the collapse after a great start.

Believe it or not, Dick is squeezing everything out of this team... IMO, you don't change the coach in this situation.

When did people think that the Bills became suddenly loaded with talent is beyond me... Ralph knows that, he is the cheapskate that is springing for all this.

The pieces are in place though... And depth is very suspect.

Flame away...

I'm not sure I follow. By most accounts Dick alone was responsible for three losses - is this a 7-9 team, a 10-6 team, a 4-12 team?

In any case, this team had enough talent to win a couple division games and contend for the playoffs, and there's no way you can convince me that Jauron got everything out of them that anyone could. I think they were 7-9 in spite of Jauron and his staff.