Jauron Fan Club- No haters please

DDD

I don't think there is any doubt about that. Our O-line is over paid and extremely under talented...including our All Pro left tackle that will probably hold out again.

And that is my major knock on Jauron, he focuses on DB's so much that he doesn't give near enough attention to the O line. (there are a few other knocks too, but that's one)

I've always been against coaches controlling personnel.....too much for one person

Actually, you can. Well coached players understand game situations. If the call was to run the ball and get off the field, there's no excuse for Preston not being on the same page as the rest of the offense. In the 16th game of the season, Preston had no awareness what was going on in the game, a classic sign of a poorly-coached player.

I agree with you on Peters, but he seems to be an extremely immature player, one who needs a tough coach to help him focus and rise to the next level. Jauron is ultimately responsible for managing the young players on the roster. Too many of these young players seem to be backsliding under his guidance.

As for Jauron, his record is there for all to see. He has not shown any evidence that he is in the same league as Bill Belichick, much less Mike Singletary. In addition to some stupid game decisions, his players did not show up for several games this season.

There are many better options for the Bills going forward next season. Miami, Baltimore, and Atlanta are all going to the playoffs with first year coaches. None of those coaches are big-names with big contracts. Smith and Harbaugh are also coaching rookie QBs.

Jauron has not proven that he can beat teams with winning records, that the cover 2 works in the poor weather, that he can run a power running game, or even that he can generate pressure on the QB.

I'll always have patience with the Bills. I was a fan long before Jauron darkened their door, and will be one when Wilson makes his final exit and Jauron is scounting for Arena football teams.

But that doesn't change the fact that under Jauron, 2009 will be another lost year for the Bills.

i don't know that i agree with you regarding preston, but your points regarding jauron are correct. i hope, and i do use the word hope in its fullest sense, that jauron relaizes the importance of a running game and a pass rush. there was no excuse for not being more of a run first team this year. as for the pass rush, we don't have the talent at this point. if there ever is a reasonable pass rush, then i think the cover 2 may work. i don't think any scheme works with our weak ass line.

i am willing to be patient for one more year. it will be trent's third year. if he is the guy we hope he is, then this is his year.

I'm in the minority here but I like Jauron as our coach. Funny, when we were 5-1 no one was complaining. He's a bright articulate accountable man. Here's what I like:

1. The players respect and play hard for him

2. He puts the best players on the field regardless of draft status - started Edwards over Losman last year, benched McCargo, Greer over McKelvin

3. The team is well-organized and structured

4. Takes the fall for his players and coaches- do you really think he called that roll out against the Jets?. No way. I see the character Levy liked in him

5. The team is disciplined and takes alot less stupid penalties than under Mularkey, Philips, Greggo. This year's squad was the least penalized in team history

6. The guy is impressive when you hear him speak- tremendous leadership qualities. He's not an emotional guy and I respect that.

7. He's a team first guy. Put Crowell on IR when Crowell dropped the surgery bomb on the team one week before the opening game. And don't beieve what you hear from Crowell. No way the Bills resign him.

8. He needs better players. Both Levy and Billichek were sub .500 coaches in KC and Cleveland. Funny how a HOF QB makes a coach look good. Dungy couldn't win in Tampa but won with Manning in Indy.

I expect the Bills to be very active in free agency. Look for 1-2 big name players to come to Buffalo. Jauron is a quality coach. :lol:

9. Everybody on Sirius likes him. :wallbash:

I am somewhat disappointed with some of the good coaches out there and three straight 7-9 season. That being said I think this team is better than most people think, and DJ is a good coach IF (and this is a big IF) he can have a great offensive coordinator. Hopefully Turk can make some strides and keep DJ from calling Losman rollouts to throw away games.

I'm an eternal optimist (hence a Bills fans despite having not lived in Buffalo since I was six, and since having lived in bandwagon friendly cities that have played in Super Bowls recently), but if Dick is involved in offensive decision making, playcalling, etc. things will likely not get much better, but if Turk can step up and grow in his second season and they can learn from their mistakes, then I think things can work better.

The reason I am happy that they kept DJ is I think that they would not have replaced him with one of the great coaches out there, and instead would have started a rebuilding with an unproven coach and that wouldn't be much better.

I have liked our defense, and think with better personnel at LB and DE it will be better next year, and I think Trent will grow, our receivers are all on the upswing part of their career, and our two backs are outstanding. Some smart play calling and a good draft, and I think we are the playoff team we hoped for this year (but realistically, I don't think we were ever more than a 9-7 team this year).

Let me start with point 8- he did make them better. We overachieved this season. That offensive line won't support a 10-win team. You are more likely going to win 6 with that group....same with the D-line.

Point 5- if you go just by record, a lot of good coaches would get fired every day.

As far as accountability- what would you do? Put lesser players out there? Yank Preston and you are putting Fowler (or worse out there) Fact is, we just don't have players

That said, I am neither here nor there on this issue- he isn't a bad coach and he isn't a hall of famer either

Yes, that is one way to do it, put a lesser player out there. Look at what Andy Reid did with Donovan McNabb, he pulled him for the 2nd string guy, pissed him off and he came back big time! You've got to shake it up, football is an emotional game. He didn't make them better, they added a few good players, and their still 7-9, that's not making them better in my book.

Yes, that is one way to do it, put a lesser player out there. Look at what Andy Reid did with Donovan McNabb, he pulled him for the 2nd string guy, pissed him off and he came back big time! You've got to shake it up, football is an emotional game. He didn't make them better, they added a few good players, and their still 7-9, that's not making them better in my book.

We keep letting free agents go then drafting to replace them...that doesnt make a team better

not pleased at the moment, but i'm going to look on the bright side.

1 we can run the ball. we can run it on NE with 9 in the box and our best lineman and running back out.

2 we are fast on d. add in a pass rusher and we might be special

3 young qb and one very good playmaker on o, at times very good pass blocking

4 the best special teams.

lets hope we get it done

1 we can run the ball. we can run it on NE with 9 in the box and our best lineman and running back out.

lets hope we get it done

Not to rain on your parade, but:

1. Sure they can run, they have two really good backs. The problem has been is that they don't run when they should.

2. Pass rushers aren't easy to find, and it's not very likely that they'll sign a top flight pass rusher in FA or draft one. They could generate more of a pass rush with a blitzing scheme, but that's not Jauron's style.

3. I like Edwards a lot, but there was that problem with him not being prepared against 3-4 defenses. On more than one occasion he made a statement that he was not prepared for the opponent's defensive scheme.

4. The team has had the best special teams for the last few years, none of which have been winning ones.

So points 1-3 can be improved by coaching, but Jauron has shown that adaptability is not one of his strong suits.

I love the Bills and will watch every minute of next season's game, but at this point, with their upcoming schedule, I'm afraid that 7 wins will prove to be a high-water mark for Jauron's tenure in Buffalo.

lets hope we get it done

You are forgetting- One of their best D-linemen was not one of the 9 in the box the other day. Who knows which is our best RB at this point. I like our offensive weapons- they aren't there yet, but havehe lineman potential. I really like Reed a lot. I think the lineman we were missing is the only one we have.....

We ran, but where did it get us......no points. We need better line play on both sides of the ball and a better turnover ratio

He has made some bad gameday decisions. I have to believe he has learned from his mistakes. He isn't an idiot. and trust me, i know this is not the strongest argument since the guy has had more than a few nfl games to get this stuff down. still, the bills are young and while you can blame jauron for being conservative at the end of the half against the pats, you can't fault him for duke preston acting like an idiot.

People on this board who want to trade peters or fire jauron are swinging blindly in the dark.

maybe peters is a malcontent. he is also one of the best LTs I have seen. better than will wolford was in his prime. better than bruce armstrong was when he gave bruce all he could handle. maybe not munoz due to some inconsistency, but i think he gets better. jauron has not been the second coming of shula, but he isn't hank bullough either. i will join his fan club because he is the best option for the bills going into 2009.

Patience, grasshoppers, the team will rise.

Wow, you really think a lot of Peters. If you are convinced that this team will rise, then when do you think they will get around to paying Peters like he is better then Wolford and Armstrong, instead of like he's worse then Walker and Dockery? And why can't I blame the head coach for Duke Preston acting like an idiot? I thought Duke loved playing for Dick? In fact they probably love eachother, since Dick says they work so hard during the week. So who gets the blame for Preston costing the Bills points? Anybody? Nah, Ralph loves everybody, Dick loves everybody, it's a damn love fest all around. :lol:

Credits to Jauron:

-going 7-9 in '06 with 4-12 talent

-going 7-9 in '07 with 7-9 talent and a brutal, almost unprecedented rash of injuries

Negatives:

-going 7-9 with 8-8/9-7 talent

-game-day decision making

He's not the worst coach in the world, so I hate to see everyone bash the sh-- out of him. I don't think the Lions go 0-16 if Jauron was their coach, for example. They would have squeaked out 2 or 3 wins.

But what he does best is making bad teams respectable...he hasn't shown any ability to make a decent team good.

When it all boils down, as an above poster stated, the biggest problem is the team not having a real GM. It impacts the personnel, obviously....but a real GM would have a different coach too.

Jauron isn't the right coach for the Bills anymore. For two years he was. I would have liked to see a replacement, but at the same time realize some other random "hot" coordinator wouldn't likely do much better. Either way, I hope Bills fans can at least respect the guy for us not being a laughingstock throughout the league in 06 and 07, when they very well could and probably should have been. That doesn't mean he's right for the team moving forward, but I sure hope people don't remember him in the same vein as brutal coaches like Williams, and bad, underachieving paranoid ones like Mularkey.

I agree with this, but I definitely think this year was 9-7 talent (but not 10-6, and not a playoff team without things going well and getting some luck). This was the first year that he truly underachieved. But it is hard to say, because as frustrating as moments were, if JP does not fumble against NYJ and if we don't watch the bad guys nail a 56 yard field goal followed by us missing a 47 yarder (yes, it should have been closer, etc) we are that 9-7 team.

A couple of other points:

1) I would love to see blitzing schemes, etc, but that isn't going to happen under DJ. What is going to happen is getting AS healthy for a whole season (if you look back carefully that is one of the biggest turning points for our team), and getting another good end to push Denney and Kelsey down the depth chart, possibly our #1 pick.

2) I think that DJ needs to stay away from the offense, and right now that means Turk stepping up and learning. I think these guys are smart enough to learn from mistakes, and Turk could grow, but that might be too optimistic.

3) I think our D is better than people realize and will likely be more talented and more healthy next season.

4) I think our O Talent is there. Add in a tight end, upgrade center, a year of experience (most of our players are on the upside of their careers), and most importantly better play calling and schemes. This is our biggest deficiency and problem. I think it can get a lot better with DJ back by him keeping hands off and getting better OC performance, but I'm really not sure, have not been impressed with Turk, and hope they can sit down and get that fixed since they aren't getting us a different and better OC.

Credits to Jauron:

-going 7-9 in '06 with 4-12 talent

-going 7-9 in '07 with 7-9 talent and a brutal, almost unprecedented rash of injuries

Negatives:

-going 7-9 with 8-8/9-7 talent

-game-day decision making

He's not the worst coach in the world, so I hate to see everyone bash the sh-- out of him. I don't think the Lions go 0-16 if Jauron was their coach, for example. They would have squeaked out 2 or 3 wins.

But what he does best is making bad teams respectable...he hasn't shown any ability to make a decent team good.

When it all boils down, as an above poster stated, the biggest problem is the team not having a real GM. It impacts the personnel, obviously....but a real GM would have a different coach too.

Jauron isn't the right coach for the Bills anymore. For two years he was. I would have liked to see a replacement, but at the same time realize some other random "hot" coordinator wouldn't likely do much better. Either way, I hope Bills fans can at least respect the guy for us not being a laughingstock throughout the league in 06 and 07, when they very well could and probably should have been. That doesn't mean he's right for the team moving forward, but I sure hope people don't remember him in the same vein as brutal coaches like Williams, and bad, underachieving paranoid ones like Mularkey.

Wow, you really think a lot of Peters. If you are convinced that this team will rise, then when do you think they will get around to paying Peters like he is better then Wolford and Armstrong, instead of like he's worse then Walker and Dockery? And why can't I blame the head coach for Duke Preston acting like an idiot? I thought Duke loved playing for Dick? In fact they probably love eachother, since Dick says they work so hard during the week. So who gets the blame for Preston costing the Bills points? Anybody? Nah, Ralph loves everybody, Dick loves everybody, it's a damn love fest all around. :thumbsup:

i can see them signing peters to an extension this time, but the man had three years left on his K last time.

i blame preston for acting like an idiot. he is a fourth year guy who should know better. i would blame jauron for having him on the field, but option two was who?