Wednesday is decision day

jahnyc

In the news article, it mentions that the Bills Treasurer is in attendance. This makes me think Jauron has signed the extension and they're working on 1) the financial implications of firing DJ now and 2) a deal that financially makes sense to both parties to void the extension and allow DJ's contract "to not be extended."

This would avoid Ralph needing to publicly "fire" DJ, whom he seems to have much respect for. Maybe it's normal to have a treasurer present in these types of discussions, but it strikes me as a little odd

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the first thing I thought of. If I'm Modrak, I'm exercising my new promotional latitude by asking Ralph, "What the F is the Jeff doing here?"

Then before you know it on Wednesday, it's announced that Jauron is staying and Modrak is resigning.

Yeah, don't mess with Smithers. Others have before only to be forced out of the "inner circle" and lead another team to a Super Bowl win.

In the news article, it mentions that the Bills Treasurer is in attendance. This makes me think Jauron has signed the extension and they're working on 1) the financial implications of firing DJ now and 2) a deal that financially makes sense to both parties to void the extension and allow DJ's contract "to not be extended."

This would avoid Ralph needing to publicly "fire" DJ, whom he seems to have much respect for. Maybe it's normal to have a treasurer present in these types of discussions, but it strikes me as a little odd

That's what I was thinking too.

This, of course, is the problem.

Wilson is meeting with accountant Jeff Littman and marketing ace Russ Brandon (and Florida resident Tom Modrak) to discuss head coach Dick Jauron's future. If he fires Jauron, he'll be consulting with Littman and Brandon (and Modrak, via conference call from the links) about who to hire as a new head coach. And he'll be consulting with Littman and Brandon (and Modrak, via conference call from a sloop 20 miles off Bimini) about free agents, and the draft . . .

We don't have a general manager with authority over player and coaching personnel, and Wilson isn't inclined to hire one. This is the problem. Changing coaches, without addressing the vacuum at GM, is akin to shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic (or, more appropriately, on the Canadiana -- a once grand ship slowly decaying en route to a final resting place in Ontario).

This, of course, is the problem.

Wilson is meeting with Jeff Littman and Russ Brandon (and Florida resident Tom Modrak) to discuss head coach Dick Jauron's future. If he fires Jauron, he'll be consulting with Littman and Brandon (and Modrak, via conference call from the links) about who to hire as a new head coach. And he'll be consulting with Littman and Brandon (and Modrak, via conference call from a sloop 20 miles off Bimini) about free agents, and the draft . . .

We don't have a general manager with authority over player and coaching personnel, and Wilson isn't inclined to hire one. This is the problem. Changing coaches, without addressing the vacuum at GM, is akin to shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic (or, more appropriately, on the Canadiana -- a once grand ship slowly decaying en route to a final resting place in Ontario).

Like the way you put it in regards to the seats on the Titanic!

Ralph is old, team is soft.

I'd prefer Jerry Jones- who wanting to see the Hershel Walker deal from Minnesota's perspective, traded for Roy Williams

Monday- Ralph decides who to blame for his mistakes.. probably Turk & Perry..

Tuesday- Ralph tells Dick you have 24 hrs to fire Turk and Perry..

Wednesday- We find out if Dick is Ralph's puppet or goat..

I prefer the term marionette.

I wonder what type of quality input Jeff Littman, a f'ing accountant, is going to have concerning Jauron's viability as a head coach? Perhaps, he will discuss Jauron's contract and he will assist the "inner circle" in crafting a strategy to have Jauron resign instead of firing him.

Jeff Littman is the power behind this franchise. He's the guy who keeps track of the money, and as such, is the man behind the scenes. He's been in the position 20+ years, and reportedly his dispute with Polian was a factor in BP being fired.

He is the CFO and RW's right hand man. His opinion counts for a lot, and with profits never being enough, he influences RW a lot. Yet we never hear about him beyond these meetings.

Why inject logic when the retards were having such fun?

Jeff Littman is the power behind this franchise. He's the guy who keeps track of the money, and as such, is the man behind the scenes. He's been in the position 20+ years, and reportedly his dispute with Polian was a factor in BP being fired.

He is the CFO and RW's right hand man. His opinion counts for a lot, and with profits never being enough, he influences RW a lot. Yet we never hear about him beyond these meetings.

Indeed. Littman's involvement is an old story at this point, and it has been at the heart of the club's problem in the 15 years since he chased St. Bill Polian out of OP.

We need a GM before we hire a new coach.