Draft

Psaunders

So what do we with the 10th draft pick. If you look at the nfl standings page both the 49ers and us are 7-9 and it has the 49ers at 10 and us at 11, but they beat us so we got the 10th pick. what do we do with it and no sarcastic remarks or stupid ideas of trading our starters for other first round picks.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league

So what do we with the 10th draft pick. If you look at the nfl standings page both the 49ers and us are 7-9 and it has the 49ers at 10 and us at 11, but they beat us so we got the 10th pick. what do we do with it and no sarcastic remarks or stupid ideas of trading our starters for other first round picks.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league

The 49ers had a weaker strength of schedule. San Fran drafts 10th, Buffalo 11th.

Head-to-head means squat.

The 49ers had a weaker strength of schedule. San Fran drafts 10th, Buffalo 11th.

how do u figure hat they played seatle, arizona, detroit, new orleans, new england, philly, giants, dallas, jets, miami, washington, st. loius and us.

Seatle, St louis, and detroit suck but they played 5 playoff teams. i dont see how there schedule was weaker than us.

how do u figure hat they played seatle, arizona, detroit, new orleans, new england, philly, giants, dallas, jets, miami, washington, st. loius and us.

Seatle, St louis, and detroit suck but they played 5 playoff teams. i dont see how there schedule was weaker than us.

Add up the records of the opponents that the Bills and 49ers played. The 49ers did indeed have a weaker schedule. They draft 10th, the Bills 11th.

How do I figure? I can add, Einstein.

ok so 11 whatever, where do we draft with that?

Myself, I would very reluctantly look to the DE position and if I were picking, it would probably be Everette Brown or possibly Greg Hardy. I like to see at least two strong seasons back to back of 10+ sacks for a DE, and neither of them have that. In the absence of that, Brown has had the better 2008 season, so I'd lean towards him. Orakpo? I'm going to have to watch his bowl game, but a senior DE with 23 career sacks doesn't immediately impress me a heck of a lot. Admittedly, I've watched far less college football this season than I usually do, and I'm basing that largely on the numbers, but still.

In any event, the DE position is one of the riskiest to draft high, IMO, probably second only to QB, and the Bills had better put in extra homework on the guy they select (and I'm all but certain they're going to pick a 1st round DE).

so then what did u add cuz i got the 49ers at 90-109-1 and ours at 85-123. so??????

You forgot to double-count divisional opponents. You play 2 games against each team in your division, so you have to count those records twice. That gives our opponents a combined 116-140 record, and the 49ers' opponents a combined 114-141-1 record, barely edging us out for the #10 pick.

I guess we have to look at the position that will help us the most. Offensive linemen in the first round? I don't think so although we could use a guard and center. I suspect we will be best served by going for the best defensive lineman or outside linebacker available. I think we will be looking for a center in the second round and a guard or two after that. It will be interesting to see how we go with this one.

I guess we have to look at the position that will help us the most. Offensive linemen in the first round? I don't think so although we could use a guard and center. I suspect we will be best served by going for the best defensive lineman or outside linebacker available. I think we will be looking for a center in the second round and a guard or two after that. It will be interesting to see how we go with this one.

I think you are correct, pending FA of course. It should be best D-lineman or LB and move on from there. Would it be ludicrous to consider moving Poz outside if an outstanding MLB is available?

you are mistaken, the Bills have the second lowest strength of schedule, second only to Tennesse. The Bills are drafting 10th, no debate.

EDIT: I have now seen multiple sites that have us at 10, others at 11. I dont want to sum all of the records of the two teams opponents, so I will hope its 10.. because it will matter so much.

I guess if we get a new coach we may take a Pass Rushing OLB, but DICK already has one in Mitchell, they jsut never blitz him. I would say we need a pass covering LB, as neither Mitchell or Poz are very good at it. For that spot I love Nic Harris from Oklahoma, he is a "safety" for them, but they call it the "Roy back" (named after current cowboy Roy Williams- the safety), which is a hybrid LB/DB. He is 6-3, 235 and runs and hits like a beast. He is also a BAMF who plays with a mean streak- bordering a cheap, he would set one hell of an example for our girly D to follow. Switch him to LB, and I think you have a bigger badder version of Earnie Sims. The best part of all this, I checked some mock draft sites with player rankings, as a safety, no site had him ranked in the top ten of draft eligable safeties, but if you watch him play you know he is a monster. I think that means we could target him in the 3rd, 4th, or even later from the looks of it.

I personally think DE is a much bigger need. Our D pretty much kept us in every game, and our LBs were solid, but we had no pass rush from the DEs. Schoble was out, but he was bad last year too, and either way one decent 30+ year old end is not going to cut it. Target Brown, Orakpo, Johnson, Hardy, whoever, just make it the right pick.