Donte Whitner lit up by Sammy Morris

TheBlackMamba

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was one of the few things Dierforf was right about yesterday. Donte's positioning was terrible; he just didn't have his legs in a position to drive. That's the only thing Whitner did wrong on that play.

I defy ANYONE in the league, let alone the wimps on this BB, to dislocate a shoulder, re-injure it by coming back too soon, continue to abuse it by coming back and playing, and THEN get popped by an RB that outweighs you SMACK DAB at the center of injury. He was obviously severely re-injured on the play. But no, he lay there because he was embarrassed.

Unfu*kin' believable.

GO BILLS!!!

It was one of the few things Dierforf was right about yesterday. Donte's positioning was terrible; he just didn't have his legs in a position to drive. That's the only thing Whitner did wrong on that play.

I defy ANYONE in the league, let alone the wimps on this BB, to dislocate a shoulder, re-injure it by coming back too soon, continue to abuse it by coming back and playing, and THEN get popped by an RB that outweighs you SMACK DAB at the center of injury. He was obviously severely re-injured on the play. But no, he lay there because he was embarrassed.

Unfu*kin' believable.

GO BILLS!!!

Does anyone remember Emmitt Smith? He touched the ball 42 TIMES in a playoff game with a brutal shoulder injury. So please quit making excuses for DW, he'll be back next year to show all of us what mediocre looks like!

http://www.dallascowboys.com/docs/dcstar_121208.html

As sad as that play is, how many of you loved Morris when he was here? I did. I remember during his rookie year when we stunk, he was outstanding running the ball--yet the coaching staff never game him the touches he deserved. Only 7+ years later has he gotten the opportunity to showcase his talent.

Baffling to me is why the Bills let Sammy walk. Solid special teamer, standup guy, reliable backup rb and wouldn't have broken the bank as a former 5th round ufa. A versatile guy who actually plays well when called upon.

Does anyone remember Emmitt Smith? He touched the ball 42 TIMES in a playoff game with a brutal shoulder injury. So please quit making excuses for DW, he'll be back next year to show all of us what mediocre looks like!

http://www.dallascowboys.com/docs/dcstar_121208.html

I'm not offering any excuses for Whitner. He doesn't need me to do that.

But for the record, the Emmitt Smith game you mention WAS NOT a playoff game. It was the regular season final against the Giants. Secondly, the injury occurred with about 2 minutes to go in the first half. He had already run the for 109 yards on 19 carries at that point. Of his 229 total yards on the day, only 78 came after the shoulder injury. And yes, it was one of the most gutsy performances ever. But it's taken on mythical proportions. And it wasn't that brutal. I seem to recall that team doctors thought it was probably a 1st degree seperation (the least severe) and that he couldn't do additional damage by playing. He would just have to deal with the pain. No doubt it hurt like hell and it took guts to play with it.

As for Whitner and his injury, I'd like to know if it was a seperation or dislocation. The media NEVER distinguish the two. And there is a HUGE difference. Also, I'd like to know if it was a grade 1, grade 2, or grade 3. Perhaps the most important difference for you to consider when comparing Smith and Whitner's injuries, is that Smith was not playing after RE-INJURING his shoulder. Whitner played yesterday after having already re-injuring his once. Big difference.

Mediocre player or not, it took guts for Whitner to play through his injury, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Dierdorf calls him "one of the hardest hitters in the NFL" huh?

What's worse than Donte getting ran over was how Morris owned Ellison on that play with a stiff arm. !@#$ these guys can't even tackle man.....

It goes to show that if enough people say it, people believe it. I may be wrong but I I'm willing to bet no one on this board can name three great or even good hits that Donte has had in his career.

Did anyone else notice how the supposed "hard hitting safety" was lying flat on his back for a good 10 seconds after Sammy Morris absolutely trucked him?

You realize the guy's been playing with a seperated shoulder for the last month, right?

Unfu*kin' believable.

GO BILLS!!!

Excellent post. Let the mouth breathers continue to criticize whitner, because they lack the neural processing capacity to actually understand what happened on the play.