Bobby April for HC

I like Bobby April, it is worth a try. He is innovative, fiery, I think it could work, Marv Levy came from a special teams background as well.

Marv Levy came from a "Kicking Teams" background. But he was also head coach at Coe College, University of California and in CFL. In the CFL he went to the Grey Cup 3 times and won 2.

I like Bobby April, but naming him HC is a total crap shoot. We need someone we know is good already.

Bobby is OK, but I have been concerned this year at how many time outs we take before special teams plays, usually because we don't have the right personnel on the field. Even late in the year when the kinks should be worked out. This does not give me good vibes about the Bobby April option.

Why can't we just let a guy do what he does best and pay him for it. He fields a great ST unit week in and week out, so let's just pay him to do that. Let's not mess with a good thing.

I agree completely. And our new head coach, whoever he is, better be one who fully appreciates and supports the good thing we've got going here on special teams.

I don't know how good a HC he will be, but for some reason I feel like he would have good situational awareness.

I don't know if he would be good either, but he does several things that a HC needs to do: He puts players in a position to succeed, his teams are very well organized and disciplined, he's highly innovative and seems to take advantage of other team's weaknesses, he's willing to go for the jugular (with fakes, which almost ALWAYS work, are usually different, he doesn't do it too often that he's reckless, and at different points of the game, all of which are fine attributes). He is able to keep coaching at an extremely high level even with major player turnover.

Granted, he has some exceptional return men (Parrish and now Leodis are just ridiculous) but all four of his teams are almost always well-coached, well-prepared, and most importantly, perform. We could do a lot worse than Bobby April, IMO, since Ralph is very likely unwilling to pay for a top guy.

Why not? He's creative and would come cheap.

Ralph has seriously put some sort of disease on our fan base. The disease is called "Would come cheap so I can put more money into my wallet syndrome".

Seriously Ralph grow a set of balls spend the money to get a real staff in here, no more of these C & D list guys......

WOULD COME CHEAP! That really says everything I need to know about some of you morons around here.

Why can't we just let a guy do what he does best and pay him for it. He fields a great ST unit week in and week out, so let's just pay him to do that. Let's not mess with a good thing.

So you take the one guy on the staff who has been successful and you say to him - we are not going to promote you because you are too valuable in your lessor role. That mentality sucks. If we are not going to hire from the outside April is a perfect choice.

Ralph has seriously put some sort of disease on our fan base. The disease is called "Would come cheap so I can put more money into my wallet syndrome".

Seriously Ralph grow a set of balls spend the money to get a real staff in here, no more of these C & D list guys......

WOULD COME CHEAP! That really says everything I need to know about some of you morons around here.

Would come cheap only means he's a possibility because Ralph has proven time and time again he won't pay top dollar. It's not condoning the idea.

He's the one who could lead us to the superbowl? Based on what?

I'm sure he's a great guy and all, but when you see him on the sidelines, he always appears to be walking in circles, talking to no one in particular. Players are ignoring and walking away from him. It's like the jabbering homeless downtown retard pedetrians don't bother listening to as they walk past.

Does April talk to himself?

In the sideline shots shown on tv, his eyes are darting in all directions. He looks like a 5-year-old lost in the middle of a department store during the Christmas rush, looking for his mommy.

It must be a special teams coach thing. Danny Smith of the Redskins and former Bills special teams coach had that same, "I'm talking to empty air and nobody's listening" look also. Smith looks like he has 8 sticks of Bazooka Joe in his cheek. Nobody could understand Smith even if he was saying anything. Maybe that's his ploy.

The Bills desperately need to hire a proven winner and bring in some coordinators that know something about gameday strategy and positioning their players. The special teams units are about the only thing working for this team. Leave 'em alone. Let April stay on the sidelines talking to his imaginery friends and get a decent coach for crying out loud.

He's the one who could lead us to the superbowl? Based on what?

I'm sure he's a great guy and all, but when you see him on the sidelines, he always appears to be walking in circles, talking to no one in particular. Players are ignoring and walking away from him. It's like the jabbering homeless downtown retard pedetrians don't bother listening to as they walk past.

Does April talk to himself?

In the sideline shots shown on tv, his eyes are darting in all directions. He looks like a 5-year-old lost in the middle of a department store during the Christmas rush, looking for his mommy.

It must be a special teams coach thing. Danny Smith of the Redskins and former Bills special teams coach had that same, "I'm talking to empty air and nobody's listening" look also. Smith looks like he has 8 sticks of Bazooka Joe in his cheek. Nobody could understand Smith even if he was saying anything. Maybe that's his ploy.

The Bills desperately need to hire a proven winner and bring in some coordinators that know something about gameday strategy and positioning their players. The special teams units are about the only thing working for this team. Leave 'em alone. Let April stay on the sidelines talking to his imaginery friends and get a decent coach for crying out loud.

Yeah, the Bills players obviously never listen to what April says. :thumbsup::flirt:

Yeah, the Bills players obviously never listen to what April says. :thumbsup::flirt:

Of course they do.

It was a humorous observation. I'm sure he's a fine special teams coach.

Watch the replays - specifically April. Do you ever see any other coach walking aimlessly, talking to anyone within earshot the way he does? I crack up watching April trying to appear involved and important when there's nothing going on that concerns special teams. I'm sure he's just trying to bond with the "real coaches".

You should be banging your head against the wall at the suggestion of hiring a one-dimensional coach like April to takeover the team. He does what he does well. He may turn out to be a great head coach at some point, but after 9 years without sniffing the playoffs, I think Bills fans deserve more than experimenting with the special teams whiz as the head guy.

Why change the only successful element of the team by removing the coach of the special teams?

BTW - In case you couldn't figure it out, most of these comments are extreme exaggerations stated for comedic effect.

I respect the guy and all he's done. BUT, he is funny to watch.

Great. Another unproven reach.

Just like Sporano, Harbaugh, Smith just this year?

I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with the Bills hiring an "unproven" coordinator type, because at some point ALL coaches are in that position. What I DO have a problem with are the folks making that hire, the ones deciding on who is going to man the helm. THEY'RE the disease, bad coaching hires are the symptom.

An unproven coach is no reason to be up in arms. Trusting the Bills "brain trust" to make the right decision is.