Jauron - Some Perspective

dtgolder

Please take a peek at a few threads from earlier this year:

Apology Thread

Jauron's Extension

There are quite a few others, but these will illustrate the point--was Jauron really as good as we all thought back in September? Probably not...and certainly the remainder of the season seems to have borne this out.

Similarly, is Jauron as bad as we all currently seem to think? The answer is the same...probably not.

Reality is he's probably a pretty good NFL coach, and likely one that will be successful (his players certainly seem to think so). I for one would hate to have him go elsewhere to find that success (Wade Phillips anyone? Or how about how Cleveland feels after having let Belichick go?)

And I'd hate to see the Bills start over (again). Sure there are plenty of successful one or two year turnarounds (e.g Miami) but there are also many, many more cases of teams getting stuck in the 3-year coaching carousel, and never achieving any success until there is some stability in the front office (e.g. Detroit, who obviously is still waiting to find that success).

So before we run Mr. Jauron out of town, let's remember how it was in September, and how we felt. I for one feel Dick deserves another chance, because I'd love to feel that way again this fall, and right now I think he's the guy with the best chance to achieve that.

(Off my soapbox)

Apology Thread

Jauron's Extension

There are quite a few others, but these will illustrate the point--was Jauron really as good as we all thought back in September? Probably not...and certainly the remainder of the season seems to have borne this out.

Similarly, is Jauron as bad as we all currently seem to think? The answer is the same...probably not.

Reality is he's probably a pretty good NFL coach, and likely one that will be successful (his players certainly seem to think so). I for one would hate to have him go elsewhere to find that success (Wade Phillips anyone? Or how about how Cleveland feels after having let Belichick go?)

And I'd hate to see the Bills start over (again). Sure there are plenty of successful one or two year turnarounds (e.g Miami) but there are also many, many more cases of teams getting stuck in the 3-year coaching carousel, and never achieving any success until there is some stability in the front office (e.g. Detroit, who obviously is still waiting to find that success).

So before we run Mr. Jauron out of town, let's remember how it was in September, and how we felt. I for one feel Dick deserves another chance, because I'd love to feel that way again this fall, and right now I think he's the guy with the best chance to achieve that.

(Off my soapbox)

Let us also not forget the brutal playing calling, the horrible clock management, and the 2 and 9 finish.

Apology Thread

Jauron's Extension

(Off my soapbox)

Wade Phillips is close to being fired and Belichick got the Browns to the playoffs. Did Dick ever excel as a coordinator? Serious question, I don't know.

Apology Thread

Jauron's Extension

(Off my soapbox)

I held the sentiment you expressed until the Bills laid an egg against Cleveland. What matters if you are a coach is your W-L record. On this account Jauron is terrible. His team has treaded water for three years. His ineptitude as a coach was displayed at the end of the first half today when he allowed his team to fritter away a fild goal ttempt that would have tied the game. Then to add insult to injury Bellicheat clearly outcoached him when the bills had to burn a timout in the third when the Cheatriots appeared to be going for it on 4th and long.

Ralph can say the problem is talent. perhaps this is a problem but good coaches also know how to work well with the talent they have. Bellicheat lost his all world QB and has a bunch of old RB's. Their secondary has also been depleated by injury and yet they may still sneak into the playoffs. Tell me that the fins have that much more talent - they were 1-15 a year ago ... come on.

Dick Jauron polays too soft and his team is uninspired. He has had two teams (discounting the Lions here) to lead as a head coach and only one had a winning season. He is not likely to ever again have a HC job again in the NFL.

I share much of your sentiment, but what really bothers me is his game day skills and the fact Edwards alluded to the fact many times that he was not prepared for the defence he was about to face.

I wanted to keep him until today, but I think I am leaning slightly towards getting rid of him, as long as a good option is available. Lets not get rid of him just for the sake of getting rid of him.

Reality is he's probably a pretty good NFL coach, and likely one that will be successful (his players certainly seem to think so).

I for one am concerned that the team has stood still for three years, yet the players love him. That tells me the players are more concerned about their comfort than winning. I can accept when a team supports a coach who may have a bad season after previous success, but that does not apply here. Jauron has had no success here and the players are embracing it.

Time to light a fire somehow. Maybe Ben Stein?

Apology Thread

Jauron's Extension

(Off my soapbox)

Sorry the playcalling sucked than as well and the poor clock management as well, we didnt notcie so much since they were winning against a very WEAK schedule

First of all, Wade inherited Bill Parcells' team in Dallas. He's a good (maybe great) defensive coordinator, but not a good head coach at all.

I don't know how much people think in Cleveland about Belichick - that was a long time between his coaching there and his return as a HC.

This is Jauron's second term as a head coach. In three years of that term, you'd think he'd remember how to manage the game clock and motivate a team to keep their heads about themselves during a 2-9 finish. There's no real reason to believe that Jauron can go somewhere else and have success as head coach.

What gives you an idea that he can succeed here...when in three years he has shown ZERO improvement?? Yes, we thought we were there at 5-1, but it's clear that we're not.

As for starting over, I'm in favor of it....big time. Starting over with a new coaching staff is very do-able with this group of players. The talent is there - the coaching is not. And as Miami & Atlanta have shown, it's very possible to turn things around in short order.

We are 7-9.

6-0 versus losing teams- San Diego, Oakland, Kansas City, St. Louis, Seattle, and Jacksonville.

1-8 versus winning teams, but Denver still plays tonight.

0-6 in the AFC East.

PLEASE explain to me how this means he's "not as bad as we all currently seem to think"! Do you not see what is now the writing on the wall, that our wins were all phantoms save maybe Denver???

We didn't PLAY a divisional opponent until Week Nine or something like that....!!!

Ugh.

Apology Thread

Jauron's Extension

(Off my soapbox)

Don't let the doubters get you down, you're not alone. Bill Belichick will most certainly second your motion that Dick deserves another chance.

Don't let the doubters get you down, you're not alone. Bill Belichick will most certainly second your motion that Dick deserves another chance.

Alone? Maybe not, but you're definitely in the minority....a seriously small minority.

Apology Thread

Jauron's Extension

(Off my soapbox)

Stupid statement of the year candidate:

"Reality is he's probably a pretty good NFL coach, and likely one that will be successful"

What suggests this could possibly be true?????The team has regressed. 0-6 in the division justifies firing. They have to play those same 6 games every year, and they barely had a chance to be 1-5 in them this year. 7-9 for 3 straight years. The 0-6 shows that they have regressed.

Apology Thread

Classic! The OP is the same poster that thinks Jauron needed at least 5 years before the Bills could even consider making the playoffs.

Jauron's Extension

Incorrect. The correct answer is: He is worse than we currently think. Richard Jauron is "Rich Kotite v. 2.0". In fact, that's an insult to Kotite. Kotite finally realized he himself was the problem, and quit.

Jauron is too stupid to figure out that conclusion.

Reality is he's probably a pretty good NFL coach, and likely one that will be successful (his players certainly seem to think so).

One winning season in eight.

Reality says NO.

I for one would hate to have him go elsewhere to find that success (Wade Phillips anyone? Or how about how Cleveland feels after having let Belichick go?)

I wonder how Chicago feels since they let Jauron go?