Today I witnessed one of the best coach calls ever.

lets_go_bills

The guy had an awesome gameplan. Ballsy 4th down calls, the right defensive calls, some great offensive calls.

But all those can't hold a candle to what he did in the 3rd quarter. Ever the opportunist, he left his offense out on the field on 4th to go for it despite being on their own 20. The Bills, who were caught napping, trotted their defense off the field, oblivious to what was happening. Their punt return unit took the field, then they quickly noticed that they weren't punting, ran the defense back out there without a play ready and had to burn a timeout.

Genius!

Knowing how close the game was, he caused us to waste a valuable timeout at the start of the 3rd. I sat there in my frigid seat in absolute awe and kept saying how great a call that was. My fellow frozen fans agreed.

I hate the man, but I was really taken aback at how incredible a coach he is. That stuff wins football games.

Wow.

I hate the man, but I was really taken aback at how incredible a coach he is. That stuff wins football games.

Wow.

I think the same thing about Wes Welker and BB's use of him. I hate him and I hate that they have so much success, but I do respect the little dude. He's taken some serious hits and pops right back up, and catches most everything thrown his way. And then it makes you scratch your head why Roscoe can't be used more than he is. Hate and respect-through-envy.

BB plays to win. Anything that deviates from helping the team win is unacceptable. We've had a string of coaches here who've been more interested in being the players' best buddy and trying to play gentlemanly than getting the most out of this group of men, coaching smart and making the other team hurt. I watched "Miracle" last night on ABC and thought, "We so need Herb Brooks reincarnate!"

The guy had an awesome gameplan. Ballsy 4th down calls, the right defensive calls, some great offensive calls.

But all those can't hold a candle to what he did in the 3rd quarter. Ever the opportunist, he left his offense out on the field on 4th to go for it despite being on their own 20. The Bills, who were caught napping, trotted their defense off the field, oblivious to what was happening. Their punt return unit took the field, then they quickly noticed that they weren't punting, ran the defense back out there without a play ready and had to burn a timeout.

Genius!

Knowing how close the game was, he caused us to waste a valuable timeout at the start of the 3rd. I sat there in my frigid seat in absolute awe and kept saying how great a call that was. My fellow frozen fans agreed.

Wow.

well when your coaching against an idiot and a loser (.442 coaching winning percentage) you get made to look alot better, but you are right we will never beat NE all long as we have Dick Jauron and they have Bellicheat. I mean, they have 11 wins with a 7th rd drat pick who had not started a game since high school. If we cant beat them this year how are we ever?????????????

The thing that was unbelievable about that call was that basically on his own 20 he had to be willing to eat 5 yards for a delay of game if somehow the Bills line themselves up - unless Cassel was supposed to kick it in that case? - were they with the wind at that point?

Genius!

Wow.

I saw that too and realized how far ahead he is in thinking during a game.

If we cant beat them this year how are we ever?????????????

Just the record against our division was enough for me to want DJ gone last year, and especially this year. If you have a coach who is buffaloed by all the teams in your own division, what hope do you have? DJ took this team as far as he could.... which wasn't very far at all. And as much as DJ's performance has been a failure, so was every level of this organization that had a voice in hiring him and all the other string of losing coaches we've had here. Yes, the rot goes all the way to the top.

I agree. Just shows how far behind Jauron is when he tries to set up a field goal with a run - no timeouts and only 22 seconds on the clock to end the first half. I was dumbfounded at the stupidity of that series.

Dan Deirdorff was dumbfounded at the stupidity of that series, even commenting on those seconds that DJ/TS let tick down after the 2:00 warning.

When Dan 'Ssssuuffffppppherrrin' succatash!!' Deirdorff of all people is dumbfounded by your seeming stupidity, Dick Jauron, you are in trouble.