This is the last time JP's on the Bills sideline.......

SKOOBY

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Trent's performances aren't troubling enough, his inability to stay healthy is downright frightening.

I'm still on the middle of the fence on his performances. If performances only counted for the first two seasons of a qb's carrer, guys like Drew Brees and Eli Manning would be out of jobs right now. I do agree with you about the inability to stay healthy though but look at how many hits he has taken when someone comes off the line untouched. You put any QB in that situation game in and game out and I don't think most of them would remain upright for long. Thats why the O.Line, in my opnion, HAS to be a priority this offseason...

bill, is this (and 10 over 5) really the number? didn't he win 7 in 06 alone?

Eli Manning, Giants 1 20-19

The heat is on to prove the G-men didn't make a franchise-sized mistake trading for him.

Philip Rivers, Chargers 4 14-2

He had occasional hiccups as a first-year starter, but 22 TDs and a Pro Bowl appearance aren't too shabby.

Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers 11 29-11

He already has a ring but needs to rebound from a clunker of an '06 (18 TDs, 23 INTs).

J.P. Losman, Bills 22 8-16

He started coming into his own in the second half of last season and had a 90.1 QB rating in his last nine starts.

Matt Schaub, Texans 90 0-2

Michael Vick's former understudy finally gets his chance to be a star. Will the Texans keep him off the ground?

-- Katie Koss

This is as of May/07.

How many winning starts did he have in 07 and 08?

Do the come from behind victories count?

Of course QB's don't get victories, teams do.

With that said, a QB that leads the team to a comeback victory should be praised for it (think Flutie). OTOH, if the reason they were behind in the first place is related to the poor play of the QB (think Flutie), that praise needs to be tempered. When an outfielder makes a great diving catch, ESPN shows the replay over and over. That they outfielder had to dive because he got a poor jump on the ball, and is slow, is rarely discussed.

I still don't understand how a douchy thread, blasting a Buffalo Bills player (and one who works and plays hard for the team) has turned into a thread bashing two Buffalo Bills players (both who work and play hard for the team).

With that said, a QB that leads the team to a comeback victory should be praised for it (think Flutie). OTOH, if the reason they were behind in the first place is related to the poor play of the QB (think Flutie), that praise needs to be tempered. When an outfielder makes a great diving catch, ESPN shows the replay over and over. That they outfielder had to dive because he got a poor jump on the ball, and is slow, is rarely discussed.

I still don't understand how a douchy thread, blasting a Buffalo Bills player (and one who works and plays hard for the team) has turned into a thread bashing two Buffalo Bills players (both who work and play hard for the team).

Very good post Dean. I'm glad someone on this damn board can use reason and logic.

Sad, isn't it?

Consider the source though - the OP is the same guy who declared McKelvin a "bust" just a few weeks ago.

Sad, isn't it?

Consider the source though - the OP is the same guy who declared McKelvin a "bust" just a few weeks ago.

McKelvin is not a bust. I know you weren't referring to me, but I want to make clear that I think the kid has potential to be an all time great as a kick returner, and a very good corner.

What IS busted is the Dick Levy philosophy of building a fotball team around small, transient (they all lave as soon as they can) defensive backs, and today's weather should make this clear to all. Branden Alpert would look good today in a Bills uniform.

The Vikings are more suited than us for games in this weather, and they play in a dome, right?

I still don't understand how a douchy thread, blasting a Buffalo Bills player (and one who works and plays hard for the team)

i don't think jp losman worked at all close to hard. it has been mentioned by ex teammates of his that he is not a team guy. in think he is lazy and slow, and never once put in the very large amount of work required to be a good nfl starting qb, let alone make up the extra distance he was behind he curve to start.

bill in nyc -- wow, i knew jp was trash (worst qb to ever get 30 starts) but i didn't think it was THAT bad. as we all know, a qb can lift an entire team, or bring one down. jp losman couldn't even just be a guy, he always brought the team down.

Goodluck in your grocery bagging job and thanks for wasting all of our time you mope.

Goodluck in spelling Skooby correctly you mope. Whether he worked out or not, we don't get better by him leaving......go back to watching MTV and playing fantasy football......I'm sure you understand that better than real football

Yuck it up about another first rounder departing, while school kids run around Walker and Preston like they aren't there, and our D-line gets put out of the way- real football fans notice the line play.....casual observers focus on the QB, WR's and the fluff....maybe you'd prefer the team to have clowns come out during the game and twist balloons into animal shapes

i don't think jp losman worked at all close to hard. it has been mentioned by ex teammates of his that he is not a team guy.

Other than one college teammate, do you have any evidence of this?

I have never heard JP's work ethic challenged by coaches or teammates.

Clearly he hasn't panned out here, but I don't think you can question his effort.