So when can we cut Kelsay?

Buffalo Mike1

Why not just post what the team's draft intentions are on the website? Might as well put their board up too.

x2.

You're absolutely right. Drafting has to be all smoke screen and mirrors. Letting teams know we're going DE tells teams when and where to trade up/down. You certainly can't hide your weaknesses but we need to show that we're considering DE, TE and C with that number one pick. And this is of course done by attending their respective workouts and bringing them in for workouts.

I don't think the Bills can smoke and mirrors their way to not informing the rest of the league we need a pass rushing defensive end. Maybe more then 1. It will come as zero shock. The only shock possible, would be to ignore the position, and keep it status quo. Oh Those tricky Bills will really pull a fast one with that. :lol:

You need to draft TIGHT END first no other argument bout that then center in the second Free safety in 3rd, DE will be fine people are best DE has been out most the year put your money on a big time linebacker.

But keep in mind anything can change depending on what they do with peters.

You need to draft TIGHT END first no other argument bout that then center in the second Free safety in 3rd, DE will be fine people are best DE has been out most the year put your money on a big time linebacker.

But keep in mind anything can change depending on what they do with peters.

Shobel has had back to back bad seasons, and now he is coming off an injury. Kelsay gets pushed wide left on every play. We have no pass rush, no Outside Linebacker. We need to draft the best DE available, sign Terrell Suggs in FA. We need to have a huge FA off-season. Not to mention we will probably have a new coaching staff..... this off-season has got to be our best in history. Ralph can no longer rely on a weak staff. Watching the Dolphins go from 1-15 to possibly winning the AFC East is the ultimate embarrassment .... even if you're 90 !! :lol:

Shobel has had back to back bad seasons, and now he is coming off an injury. Kelsay gets pushed wide left on every play. We have no pass rush, no Outside Linebacker. We need to draft the best DE available, sign Terrell Suggs in FA. We need to have a huge FA off-season. Not to mention we will probably have a new coaching staff..... this off-season has got to be our best in history. Ralph can no longer rely on a weak staff. Watching the Dolphins go from 1-15 to possibly winning the AFC East is the ultimate embarrassment .... even if you're 90 !! :lol:

We need to cut Denney for sure, Kelsay's sort of the captain and would be good on half the plays, but we need to draft DE, C, S, DT, and pretty soon a Kicker as Lindell is feeling it...you know what Im talking bout

I dont think a lot of people realize that a center in the first round is unheard of. Usually the best center in the draft, every year goes in either the second or third round.

2006 #29 NY Jets Center Nick Mangold

2005 #26 Seahawks Center Chris Spencer

2003 #21 Browns Center Jeff Faine

Yeah, I personally have never heard of taking a center in the first. Unheard of.

Yes, it's unusual. It usually requires a team with a crying need for a center and for one center to be rated well above the rest, the kind of player that doesn't come around very often.

Hey, wait a minute, that's the situation with the Bills this year!! Center is a desperate need, and Mack is rated well above any other center in this year's draft and going back several years as well.

Don't accuse people who want Mack of ignorance. We just disagree with you. At severe risk of repeating myself on one thread, we need a BIG OLE CENTER, not an economy model. The DTs in the division are big and very physical. The problem with Fowler isn't that his technique isn't good or that he isn't fast enough or smart enough. It's that he consistently gets blown up and pushed into the backfield by guys who weigh between 30 and 70 pounds more than he does. Drafting a second or third rounder would net us a 290 pounder who has the same deficits that Fowler has.

There are only two centers in the draft who are good centers who also weigh 320, and they are Mack and Luigs. And both will probably be gone by our second round pick.

There are only two centers in the draft who are good centers who also weigh 320, and they are Mack and Luigs. And both will probably be gone by our second round pick.

Faine isn't even with the browns anymore. Spencer is injury prone, and plays guard. None of them are over 310lbs. Just cause you're big doesn't mean you'll be a dominant offensive lineman. Do we need a center of course. However not many around the league are monsters and even less where drafted in the 1st rd. Center is a need. I'll argue to death that defensive end and olb and defensive tackle are bigger needs at this time.

Shaun O'Hara starting c NYG- Undrafted-6-3 Weight: 303

Dan Koppen NE- 5th rd- 6-2 Weight: 296

Kevin Mawae- 2nd rd- 6'4 289

Ryan Kalil- 2nd rd 6'2 295

Jeff Saturday- undrafted 6'2 295

Olin Kreutz- 3rd rd 6'2 292

The biggest center in the league I believe is Jamaal Jackson at 6'4 330. However he was undrafted

The 1st rd and massive body weight should under no uncertain circumstances be the be all end all of their search for a center.

x2.

You're absolutely right. Drafting has to be all smoke screen and mirrors. Letting teams know we're going DE tells teams when and where to trade up/down. You certainly can't hide your weaknesses but we need to show that we're considering DE, TE and C with that number one pick. And this is of course done by attending their respective workouts and bringing them in for workouts.

Yeah, because only us fans can tell which positions we need to improve. Not other teams.

Yeah, I personally have never heard of taking a center in the first. Unheard of.

Yes, it's unusual. It usually requires a team with a crying need for a center and for one center to be rated well above the rest, the kind of player that doesn't come around very often.

Hey, wait a minute, that's the situation with the Bills this year!! Center is a desperate need, and Mack is rated well above any other center in this year's draft and going back several years as well.

Don't accuse people who want Mack of ignorance. We just disagree with you. At severe risk of repeating myself on one thread, we need a BIG OLE CENTER, not an economy model. The DTs in the division are big and very physical. The problem with Fowler isn't that his technique isn't good or that he isn't fast enough or smart enough. It's that he consistently gets blown up and pushed into the backfield by guys who weigh between 30 and 70 pounds more than he does. Drafting a second or third rounder would net us a 290 pounder who has the same deficits that Fowler has.

Yeah - first round - but LATE in the first round.

With where the Bills are likely picking, a top DE will make more sense. Then they can go nuts trying to trade back up to the end of the 1st round or wherever they need to get for a top C.

I'd hold off on the TE until after those 2. Fine is well, fine - he showed some real promise I thought. There seem to be a lot of 1st round busts at TE too. Plenty of really good ones go later anyway - although the Bills won't have a 2 and maybe a 3 to get the right Center, hopefully.

There are LB's to be had in FA, I believe.

Buffalo is going to have a real hard time getting any SOLID FA's to come to Buffalo for a visit.

It depends....If the Bills go after a solid coach, players will always want to play for them. If the Bills keep Jauron, I also see certain players coming over (probably the B-levels). If you have a rookie coach, then probably the biggest pinch will be felt... Ralph needs to pay up front (pay the coaches) to see the results later. Unfortunately he has not done that. It might be time for him to do that one last time.

Hey Thurman. I hear ya that we need a Center. But go around the league, and you'll quickly see how only a handful of teams' dominant offensive lineman were ever drafted in the first round. It is well known that dominant offensive lineman can be found in rounds 1-7.

Dolphins have two

Dallas Cowboys have two first round picks on their offensive line

Giants, with the best O-line in football, have zero. And two of the five were undrafted.

The Patriots have 1 first rounder, and he was drafted with the final pick of the first round.

Chargers have zero.

The Steelers have zero.

The Panthers have two.

Titans have zero

The Broncos have zero.

The Ravens have two.

The Vikings have two.

The Cardinals have one.

Out of all the teams I just listed. None of them have a Center that was drafted in the first round. Quite frankly, for the bills to take one in the first would be a wasted pick. Other than a stud LT or RT, there are few times where an Olineman warrants a first round pick.

:blush:

Why not just post what the team's draft intentions are on the website? Might as well put their board up too.

Buffalo's draft acumen is such that other teams enjoy seeing the Bills drafting in front of them, believe me.

:blush: