Two Bills named as Pro Bowl alternates...

Buftex

These are good choices. I feel better knowing these two deserving players are alternates.

However, it is an absolute injustice that Brian Moorman is not the AFC's punter.

Can't say that I follow all the punters in the leauge, but I think Moorman has a slightly sub-par season...he had had better games recently, but had some rough outings earlier in the season.

Wasn't the general line before the season about how Stroud was going to make our defensive ends look better by eating up potential double teams on the inside? That hasn't happened.

Half of it had. Stroud has eaten up double teams. The rest, however ...

Personally, it seemed obvious to me when we got Stroud that he was going to give a huge lift to our run D, but would only slightly improve our pass rush. That came true. He plays with heart, though, and if we get another pass rusher or two, our D line could be very fine indeed.

Tell me what Schobel gives that Denney doesn't, because Schobel hasn't been able to rush the passer in over 2 years. His skills and quickness is gone, he even said it himself. Now people still like him because he's "good against the run." Well, aside from the occasional lapse on reverses, so is Denney. And I believe Denney also has the most sacks on the team.

2 years ago it would be a travesty to compare Schobel and Denney. But right now, they are equal players.

Said it himself, did he? Got a link for that? I'll check back in a few days to check up on your inability to find one.

2007 Schobel 16 games 6.5 sacks 5 forced fumbles

2007 Denney 7 games 1 sack 0 forced fumbles

2008 Schobel 5 games 1 sack 0 forced fumbles

2008 Denney 15 games 4 sacks 1 forced fumble

And as you can see, in the last two years, when they have played almost exactly equal numbers of games, Schobel is about 50% ahead of Denney in sacks and 500% ahead in forced fumbles. So I can really understand your contention that Denney is better.

Wasn't the general line before the season about how Stroud was going to make our defensive ends look better by eating up potential double teams on the inside? That hasn't happened.

Actually it has. Stroud has played well and is taking on double teams. We have improved against the run. The trouble is our "high motor" white defensive ends that can't get a sack between them. Major upgrade needed in this area, I'm afraid. What's that saying about making chicken salad out of chicken sheeeyattttt!

Guest dog14787
Said it himself, did he? Got a link for that? I'll check back in a few days to check up on your inability to find one.

2007 Schobel 16 games 6.5 sacks 5 forced fumbles

2007 Denney 7 games 1 sack 0 forced fumbles

2008 Schobel 5 games 1 sack 0 forced fumbles

2008 Denney 15 games 4 sacks 1 forced fumble

And as you can see, in the last two years, when they have played almost exactly equal numbers of games, Schobel is about 50% ahead of Denney in sacks and 500% ahead in forced fumbles. So I can really understand your contention that Denney is better.

Schobel is our best and most important player on defense with Stroud coming in a close second, until we have enough depth to fill the hole Schobel leaves at the DE position when injured, the Buffalo Bills are just asking for it.

Actually, I do. Schobel was on ESPN's mic'd up for the Seahawks game and kept saying those things over and over in the huddle. We talked about this earlier in the year in this thread, specifically post #9 and after. I watched this clip live, as did many other Bills fans, so next time do a little research and maybe you won't look like such a fool.

Are you really trying to compare a starter's statistics in '07 to a backup's statistics in '07? Yeah Denney played in the same number of games... ON SPECIAL TEAMS! Retard. Maybe he got a few snaps in on defense.

And no statistics from '07 or sooner are going to prove that Schobel in '09 is the same player. He's lost a step, or even two or three, and he himself can feel it. I don't care if he had 100 sacks on '07 or '06. Right now, he is not the same player and its quite obvious.

McKelvin should be there as a kick returner.

Yes and no.

Pro Bowl voting started really early and he only started returning kicks full time a couple weeks in. And he looked timid too. He's really only come on the last five, six weeks or so. But as of right now he's the most dangerous kick returner in the NFL.

the only negative reviews of Stroud's play that I heard came from the mouth of Chris Mortensen and possibly Paul Hamilton. So take of that what it's worth (somewhere between nothing and less than nothing).

No, I saw him listed as a "Free Agent Disappointment" not too long ago...but yeah, I know Mortensen said something earlier this season as well (every utterance from Mort is newsworthy on TBD)...while I love listening to Hamilton for his Sabres coverage, I don't put much merit in anything he has to say about the Bills. Paul Hamilton covering the Bills is akin to the high school gym teacher, being forced to teach english, because of cutbacks...not good...

Actually, I do. Schobel was on ESPN's mic'd up for the Seahawks game and kept saying those things over and over in the huddle. We talked about this earlier in the year in this thread, specifically post #9 and after. I watched this clip live, as did many other Bills fans, so next time do a little research and maybe you won't look like such a fool.

Are you really trying to compare a starter's statistics in '07 to a backup's statistics in '07? Yeah Denney played in the same number of games... ON SPECIAL TEAMS! Retard. Maybe he got a few snaps in on defense.

And no statistics from '07 or sooner are going to prove that Schobel in '09 is the same player. He's lost a step, or even two or three, and he himself can feel it. I don't care if he had 100 sacks on '07 or '06. Right now, he is not the same player and its quite obvious.

I saw it but took it for a semi-true joke, talking as if he was the old guy on the team.

All this talk about the DLine and the ineptitude of our DE's, yet no talk about Ellis. Seems the coaching staff has a knack for keeping their rookies sidelined for far too long. In Ellis' limited play, I noted the tenacity he brought. Perhaps Schobel/FA Pickup/Draft Pick/Ellis will be a more potent DE unit than any of us could even imagine.

I've said it before, and I'll repeat- if we get the pass rush going, our DB's will be the best unit in football. No doubt in my mind.

I saw it but took it for a semi-true joke, talking as if he was the old guy on the team.

His teammates were telling him to shut up, Kawika Mitchell specifically, because it was bringing down the team in a negative way. Aaron wasn't joking around.