Who to draft in round one?

bizell

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so happy to see that so many of the posters are aware of Everette Brown and his pass rush ability. He will be able to help the Bills day one. I just hope the other teams don't steal him from us the way the 49ers did us with Patrick Willis. If we can get Everette in the 1st, Antoine Caldwell in the 2nd and Chase Coffman in the 3rd then I can see the Bills making the playoffs with Jauron as HC. I would also try to bring in Bertrand Berry as a FA and cut Kelsay. McCargo is not the bust everyone perceives him to be. He may not be able to beat a double team, but one on one he is pretty good. Line himup with Schobel, Stroud, Berry/Brown and we can have a dominant defensive front.

I'm so happy to see that so many of the posters are aware of Everette Brown and his pass rush ability. He will be able to help the Bills day one. I just hope the other teams don't steal him from us the way the 49ers did us with Patrick Willis. If we can get Everette in the 1st, Antoine Caldwell in the 2nd and Chase Coffman in the 3rd then I can see the Bills making the playoffs with Jauron as HC. I would also try to bring in Bertrand Berry as a FA and cut Kelsay. McCargo is not the bust everyone perceives him to be. He may not be able to beat a double team, but one on one he is pretty good. Line himup with Schobel, Stroud, Berry/Brown and we can have a dominant defensive front.

Has McCargo gotten any playing time this year? is he injured? or is he so far in the dog house he's never getting out? I thought he was starting to come on a little bit last year but he has been a complete ghost this year, I know he failed a physical with a bulging disk when they tried to trade him- the Bills do some messed up things, Crowell for example, the surgery would have him out 1-4 weeks but they immediately put him on IR, not to help the team just cause they were pi$$ed - Schobel can't play and he hangs around for 8 games and is finally put on IR.

Everette Brown seems suited to play the RDE position on this team, which should be nailed down for Schobel next season. He doesn't seem big enough to play LDE. That could change if the HC is fired.

Caldwell also seems like a C probably best for a strictly zone blocking scheme. Not sure he'd be better than Max Unger.

Coffman seems like a guy who can stretch the middle of the field, but his thing will be what Rucker's was last season-the ability to play in a non-spread offense.

The difference being that those other guys are very good, but Mack is a mack. He's the best center in years, with no weak points in his game. Also, a lot of the centers available in this draft weigh 290 or 295. We've already got a guy like that. It doesn't work when all the NTs in the division are 320 or over and excellent. The Jets guy, Jenkins, is 360, right? We need a big strong center, and the upper echelon of centers only has two of them, Mack and Luigs. And Mack will be gone by the time we draft in the second, and chances are Luigs will too. If we don't get one of them, we will be working with Fowler for another year or two, and I just don't want that.

There are lots of other centers available? Lots of DEs and LBs too. But the longer you wait, the lower the quality, or at least the bigger the risk. We do really need a pass rusher, but we need a center even more.

I'm a defense first guy, normally, but I think that the move with the biggest immediate impact would be picking up Mack. The o-line would be hugely improved. We wouldn't have to double-team the big inside DLs so much, and that new line could become a really good run blocking outfit.

You do realize that Nick Mangold and Sampson Satele both weigh in at 300 lbs, dont you?