Mort's opinion on Jauron - safe

BillsWatch

Chris Berman and Mort were on ESPN after Monday night football and there were going through coaches and Mort predicted Jauron "safe". No hedging his call unlike some others.

I know it is just an opinion and everyone has one. Some just get to give it on tv.

what if we lose 47-7 this week? i think the old man is leaving himself some wiggle room in case the bills lay down again, or just get schooled.

The organization is disorganized and looks to him for guidaance now, so why would RW want to give that up??

Chris Berman and Mort were on ESPN after Monday night football and there were going through coaches and Mort predicted Jauron "safe". No hedging his call unlike some others.

I know it is just an opinion and everyone has one. Some just get to give it on tv.

Well, Phil Simms was on with Jim Gray during last nights halftime and they were doing the same kind of rundown. When asked about Jauron, Simms said...."Gone" . In short, the talking heads don't really mean much. Just Ralph, and he said "shortly" a decision will be made. Tells me that the jury is still out. It may take a win over the pats to save him. 0-6 in the division, and Ralph eats the contract extension.

Well, Phil Simms was on with Jim Gray during last nights halftime and they were doing the same kind of rundown. When asked about Jauron, Simms said...."Gone" . In short, the talking heads don't really mean much. Just Ralph, and he said "shortly" a decision will be made. Tells me that the jury is still out. It may take a win over the pats to save him. 0-6 in the division, and Ralph eats the contract extension.

I'd trust Simms more than Mort, but I still don't take much from this.

I'll stress again....the result of the Patriots* game should not determine Jauron's status. His entire 3-year tenure should be evaluated as a whole.

what if we lose 47-7 this week? i think the old man is leaving himself some wiggle room in case the bills lay down again, or just get schooled.

Yup, that's what I think. We're gonna get blown out this Sunday in embarassing fashion, as per usual when Jauron butts heads against Belichick, and the pressure will be right back on Jauron.

Ralph will not eat the cost of the extension. I've come to the point of accepting this as an outcome. Let the staff and front office focus on other areas of need DE, C, TE, #2 WR in that order through FA and draft.

How about Babby April for head coach?? He gets players to play hard for him and he is very emotional on the sidelines and he might come cheap which Ralph Wilson likes and isn't he assistant head coach now??

just a thought....

Any head coach, even one promoted from within, needs to have mixed competition for position per Rooney rule. GMs don't for some odd reason.