Haynesworth

A quote from ESPN: Albert Haynesworth's injury is a bigger deal than most people realize. Quarterbacks hate to be pressured from the inside because then they can't step up in the pocket, and Haynesworth is a master at collapsing the pocket. If he is single-blocked, he will push his blocker backward and force the quarterback to change the arc on his pass. Plus, when Haynesworth reaches the quarterback, he has an uncanny ability to strip the ball. The Titans Pro Bowler also can switch to defensive end and rush off the edge.

A quote from ESPN: Albert Haynesworth's injury is a bigger deal than most people realize. Quarterbacks hate to be pressured from the inside because then they can't step up in the pocket, and Haynesworth is a master at collapsing the pocket. If he is single-blocked, he will push his blocker backward and force the quarterback to change the arc on his pass. Plus, when Haynesworth reaches the quarterback, he has an uncanny ability to strip the ball. The Titans Pro Bowler also can switch to defensive end and rush off the edge.

Don't worry, we'd sign him and then have him drop back into coverage or try to cover a RB coming out of the backfield... :rolleyes:

Yeah, true, but you know that the Bills can't sign him at any cost. They can't afford that guy. Plus, I like Stroud and Williams in the middle. I think that they are doing a good job. To me there defense is fine, and I wouldn't touch it. I think the offense is screwed up. Maybe take the money you would put on a Haynsworth and go after McNabb, or a center (What ever happened to Melvin Fowler anyway?).

Yeah, true, but you know that the Bills can't sign him at any cost. They can't afford that guy. Plus, I like Stroud and Williams in the middle. I think that they are doing a good job. To me there defense is fine, and I wouldn't touch it. I think the offense is screwed up. Maybe take the money you would put on a Haynsworth and go after McNabb, or a center (What ever happened to Melvin Fowler anyway?).

Stroud & Williams Vs Stroud & Haynesworth........no questions asked take Stroud & Haynesworth. Buffalo has enough cap space to get Peppers & Haynesworth.....Problem is we dont have an owner willing to make moves like that....

I understand the desire for someone like haynesworth but don't be so quick to not look in other directions like the draft and none other then Man Mountain Cody. I believe it's only his first year of division one but the guy has imho Ted Washington type potential

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUE3Ys-qf6M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMy2x7yY2q8...feature=related

also some offensive goalline work

Instead of over-paying for the Kelsays and Dockerys of the world, go after the true difference makers like a Haynesworth. It's so f'ing depressing watching Ralph and his minions trying to build an 8-8 team, while brain-washing most of the fanbase into believing that's all poor Buffalo and poor Ralph can afford. Meanwhile, he gets a check for more than $120m from the NFL every year, plays for basically free in a stadium named after himself but built by taxpayers, spends nowhere near the $116m salary cap limit, and sold a home game to Toronto for $10m per year. Don't fool yourself, he's got plenty of money to compete.

Best part about Haynesworth is if he triggers a couple of clauses in his contract he's allowed to become an unrestricted free agent and the Titans cannot franchise him. So landing him seems reasonable. Of course he'll be in very high demand and may just go to the highest bidder. In that case, we're f**ked.

Best part about Haynesworth is if he triggers a couple of clauses in his contract he's allowed to become an unrestricted free agent and the Titans cannot franchise him. So landing him seems reasonable. Of course he'll be in very high demand and may just go to the highest bidder. In that case, we're f**ked.

And evidence would suggest he plays his best under an incentive laden contract. So there's that...

I know the Colts are loathe to spend big money on free agents, but with that new stadium, and a glaring need in the middle, I could very easily see Haynesworth going there.

Their defense ain't great, sooner or later they'll be freeing up money because they'll give Harrison the axe (or he'll retire), and they could pry the guy from a very competitive division rival.

Getting Haynesworth OR Peppers would seriously change my outlook on this team

With Peppers on one side and Schrobel on the other this pass rush would look quite different

With Haynesworth in the middle with Stroud you could bring in a 1st round DE and he would look very good.

As long as DJ is the coach of this team the offense will never look explosive no matter what offensive weapons are brought in.......but if we had a defense that kept giving the ball back to the offense.....well things might be different.

Personally I am praying to the gods for Brian Billick at this point

Baltimore does that with Ngata.

They've had Ngata cover RB's out of the backfield? I've never seen a DT cover a RB 1-on-1. I've seen them drop back into a short zone, but not covering someone 1-on-1.

Either way, Baltimore also has a lot more talent rushing the passer than we do.

Aint gonna happen...

We're talkin' about Ralph Wilson here... not Daniel Snyder...

OH geezus...Ralph has been spending left and right, get over he is cheap crap...such an ignorant statement.

If we dont get Haynesworth or Peppers you are going to say Ralph is cheap...truth is, we are NOT going to get these two players because of two reasons...

1. Peppers is almost a lock to resign with Carolina, and Haynesworth is also high probability to resign in Tenn

2. Other teams are going to back up a dump truck full of money to them, so even if we also do the same they are going to have to choose between where they want to play, NOT CHOOSE MONEY as everyone is going to be offering about the same amount of money.

So, pay attention to your football team, becasue if you did you would know that there are FEW, yes FEW owners who have spent more money than Ralph the last couple of offseasons to bring in key players and retain players like Schobel and Evans. (Mitchell, Dockery, Walker, Schobel, Evans, Kelsay, Denney, Stroud, etc, etc.)

Everytime I see "Ralph is Cheap" comments from a poster it just tells me that all the posters other comments on any thread need to be taken with a grain of salt becasue they dont know football, arent old enough to know football beyond Madden Football on the Xbox, have a base knowledge of football from playing fantasy football, are a converted Raider Fan, don't really follow our team except during the season, of just like to whine about the en vogue thing to whine about. Maybe all of the above...

He aint Cheap, get over it...if you want to argue that he spent money unwisely, then fine, but you can not claim he didnt spend money. In fact, out all the big money he spent, he really only made two bad investments in Denney and Kelsay. The rest have worked out great as the O Line went from one of the worst in the league to pretty good, the DL went from one of the worst in the league to pretty good when healthy, Evans was key, Mitchell has been important, etc)

i like him but i'd go peppers (who we'd have if we lost the carolina game to get the 2nd pick instead of mike busty bust williams) instead.

williams stroud peppers aaron would be dominant.

I'd haynesworth, peppers seems to disappear for entire seasons, he was garbage in phillly

what do we do with Mcargo? gone? and Anthony Hargrove? will he be back.

I'd haynesworth, peppers seems to disappear for entire seasons, he was garbage in phillly

what do we do with Mcargo? gone? and Anthony Hargrove? will he be back.

Peppers never played for Philly. You're probably thinking of Jevon Kearse.