Give me your plan to win the Superbowl in 2010

DIE HARD 1967

I realize this is a ridiculous plan, but I write this thread every year and you will be amazed at the responses.

Most of you will say the team simply does not have the talent, yet some team like the Giants sneak in there and win it all while the fans remain skeptical of the talent level.

2007 New York Giants fan after week #2 (link below)

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=oF6FlcQEKKc

Open the link and get to work

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=k55NuWQCh78

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, I thought you were speaking of the 2010 season.

Immediate needs I believe are a 1A receiver, C, and a DE who will give opponents headaches.

Those three things are brought in and they stay somewhat healthy, I think they have a shot at getting on a roll. (If Edwards is really who some folks say he is.)

if youre in the Edwards is crappy fanclub, they would need a dependable, mistake free QB. Dont know who is out there

I realize this is a ridiculous plan, but I write this thread every year and you will be amazed at the responses.

Most of you will say the team simply does not have the talent, yet some team like the Giants sneak in there and win it all while the fans remain skeptical of the talent level.

2007 New York Giants fan after week #2 (link below)

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=oF6FlcQEKKc

Open the link and get to work

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=k55NuWQCh78

new coach,a top DE, a center, a vet #2 receiver,and a first 4 games Trent.

My plan........

First and foremost, cut the dead weight on the team. Denney, Kelsay most overrated highest paid DE's in the game right now, they are not worth what they are getting. Get impact players on the DL, someone who can get to the pass rusher man to man blocking. I get tired getting to the QB with blitzes only....I wouldnt mind getting Julius Peppers on one side and either Schobel or draft Brian Orakpo. Find a way to get Albert Haynesworth via FA.....I wouldnt be opposed to going after a solid LB in the draft either.....

On offense, clearly the QB spot is till a huge question mark......well that question mark can be fixed if McNabb is on the market, if not Kurt Warner has clearly showed he can still play football and would come much at a more reasonable price, McNabb may cost us draft picks......im not a fan of that unless we could steel him away.....

Pending on the QB situatuion......will determine what type WR we need.....call me crazy but we need another skilled WR that has the ability Lee Evans has, this offense needs another WR that takes heat away from Evans, who that WR is im not 100% sure. I do see some guys that might be on the trading blocks.....Chad Johnson being one, Maybe TJ whosyourmama? Thats the type WR im speaking about, and if Anquan Boldin is out there for trade or whatever reason, GET HIM!!!!! NOWAY a defense can double cover one man if Evans & Boldin are on the field......Id also look to be drafting a TE, Chase Coffman comes to mind, but not sure where hes slated to go in the draft.....but we need that TE who can stretch the field and make big plays as well.....we dont have a TE for that......

So my theory of getting to the SB is Finding ways to get another quality DT, possibly LB, draft either LB or DE.......on offense if McNabb is out there for a reasonable deal grab him, Warner is an option, Boldin is unhappy in AZ, never know what CJ will do or TJ for that matter.......

The thing is we have the cap room to make moves like this.....the even bigger question is how to get talent here, and folks thats up to PR department to do, Russ Brandon has his handsfull.......

3 quality moves at QB, DL, WR would make this team stout, and a very well thought out plan for the draft would help.

It dont have to be the players I mentioned but they have to be the same quality players, some one whos been there done that so to speak.......

And yes........currently this team has talent to win......I do think they need a boost at certain spots to get them to the next level....They better get it and get it fast cause Tom Brady is back next year and we couldnt win or even make the playoffs without him in the division, I highly doubt we make a push with him back with the pats......unless major changes happen at those postions we are not looking good.....

I dont call it rebuilding either, I call it retooling.......

My plan........

First and foremost, cut the dead weight on the team. Denney, Kelsay most overrated highest paid DE's in the game right now, they are not worth what they are getting. Get impact players on the DL, someone who can get to the pass rusher man to man blocking. I get tired getting to the QB with blitzes only....I wouldnt mind getting Julius Peppers on one side and either Schobel or draft Brian Orakpo. Find a way to get Albert Haynesworth via FA.....I wouldnt be opposed to going after a solid LB in the draft either.....

On offense, clearly the QB spot is till a huge question mark......well that question mark can be fixed if McNabb is on the market, if not Kurt Warner has clearly showed he can still play football and would come much at a more reasonable price, McNabb may cost us draft picks......im not a fan of that unless we could steel him away.....

Pending on the QB situatuion......will determine what type WR we need.....call me crazy but we need another skilled WR that has the ability Lee Evans has, this offense needs another WR that takes heat away from Evans, who that WR is im not 100% sure. I do see some guys that might be on the trading blocks.....Chad Johnson being one, Maybe TJ whosyourmama? Thats the type WR im speaking about, and if Anquan Boldin is out there for trade or whatever reason, GET HIM!!!!! NOWAY a defense can double cover one man if Evans & Boldin are on the field......Id also look to be drafting a TE, Chase Coffman comes to mind, but not sure where hes slated to go in the draft.....but we need that TE who can stretch the field and make big plays as well.....we dont have a TE for that......

So my theory of getting to the SB is Finding ways to get another quality DT, possibly LB, draft either LB or DE.......on offense if McNabb is out there for a reasonable deal grab him, Warner is an option, Boldin is unhappy in AZ, never know what CJ will do or TJ for that matter.......

The thing is we have the cap room to make moves like this.....the even bigger question is how to get talent here, and folks thats up to PR department to do, Russ Brandon has his handsfull.......

3 quality moves at QB, DL, WR would make this team stout, and a very well thought out plan for the draft would help.

It dont have to be the players I mentioned but they have to be the same quality players, some one whos been there done that so to speak.......

And yes........currently this team has talent to win......I do think they need a boost at certain spots to get them to the next level....They better get it and get it fast cause Tom Brady is back next year and we couldnt win or even make the playoffs without him in the division, I highly doubt we make a push with him back with the pats......unless major changes happen at those postions we are not looking good.....

I dont call it rebuilding either, I call it retooling.......

Great if it could happen...but...

Warner - 0% chance he plays anywhere other than AZ and already has said IF he plays next year it will ONLY be in AZ. So he retires or stays there.

Peppers - 95% chance he resigns in Carolina, and if not, teams more attractive than us will be offering as much money if not more, so odds of him landing here are .01%

Haynesworth - See Peppers above (although, he may be more likely than Peppers to leave his team, but not by much)

McNabb - Love this idea, and he very well could be obtainable and woudl be a great fit, however, if he leads the Eagles to the playoffs this year, especially deep, then I just dont think Philly moves him and turns their focus on acquiring Boldin or Housh.

Boldin - Stays in AZ or goes to Philly who has major interest in him.

Housh - Used to a smaller market and the cold, may see potential here, and if Philly was to land Boldin we might have a better shot at landing this guy. Any available WR I think chooses Philly and playing with McNabb and Westbrook first before considering us, so if Housh signs in Philly then maybe we have shot at Boldin.

We dont need DT, we need DE. Stroud and Co. were much better with Schobel in the game. We need help at DE and LB and you will see we have a pretty darn good interior line. LB and DE play are major factors in what the interior line can do. This is not a need for us.

Draft a Defensive End or Linebacker

Get a Defensive Tackle and either a defensive end or linebacker (depending on who you drafted) in Free Agency.

Get a Garcia or other QB in free agency (although i think we have to count on TE if we are going to win in 2010).

Get a new offensive co-ordinator (assuming we HAVE to keep Jauron.

Cross our fingers.

The Bills, as currently owned, organized and located, have no shot at ever going back to the Super Bowl in any year. The best coaches/players have better living options than Buffalo at the same or usually better $$ and the ownership situation is too unpredictable for the best GMs/Coaches to take a chance on ralph dying next week. So your left with mostly 2nd tier coaching and talent and are doomed to the bottom half of the league indefinately. The Jim McNallys of the world are very rare (ie top tier coaches who actually WANT to be in buffalo) . Pretty simple stuff. Where would you rather be in today's rock star NFL? Dallas, Miami, Charlotte, Jax, L.A. or freeze-your-butt-off buffalo? Geez...

The Bills, as currently owned, organized and located, have no shot at ever going back to the Super Bowl in any year. The best coaches/players have better living options than Buffalo at the same or usually better $$ and the ownership situation is too unpredictable for the best GMs/Coaches to take a chance on ralph dying next week. So your left with mostly 2nd tier coaching and talent and are doomed to the bottom half of the league indefinately. The Jim McNallys of the world are very rare (ie top tier coaches who actually WANT to be in buffalo) . Pretty simple stuff. Where would you rather be in today's rock star NFL? Dallas, Miami, Charlotte, Jax, L.A. or freeze-your-butt-off buffalo? Geez...

I agree with you.

It needs to be a priority to win it all.

Great if it could happen...but...

Warner - 0% chance he plays anywhere other than AZ and already has said IF he plays next year it will ONLY be in AZ. So he retires or stays there.

Peppers - 95% chance he resigns in Carolina, and if not, teams more attractive than us will be offering as much money if not more, so odds of him landing here are .01%

Haynesworth - See Peppers above (although, he may be more likely than Peppers to leave his team, but not by much)

McNabb - Love this idea, and he very well could be obtainable and woudl be a great fit, however, if he leads the Eagles to the playoffs this year, especially deep, then I just dont think Philly moves him and turns their focus on acquiring Boldin or Housh.

Boldin - Stays in AZ or goes to Philly who has major interest in him.

Housh - Used to a smaller market and the cold, may see potential here, and if Philly was to land Boldin we might have a better shot at landing this guy. Any available WR I think chooses Philly and playing with McNabb and Westbrook first before considering us, so if Housh signs in Philly then maybe we have shot at Boldin.

We dont need DT, we need DE. Stroud and Co. were much better with Schobel in the game. We need help at DE and LB and you will see we have a pretty darn good interior line. LB and DE play are major factors in what the interior line can do. This is not a need for us.

MONEY TALKS and you know it!

A DT like Haynesworth pairing with Stroud, easily has the potential to make us a top 5 defense. Those 2 would only make the DE's better....

I agree DE & LB needs upgrades, so does WR........

But MONEY TALKS.....