Lack of talent on this team

TheBlackMamba

I've seen the Jets on TV several times this year and the thing that impresses me most about them is their Offensive Line. I'd take theirs over ours in a heartbeat. Ours is not bad now that we've worked out a blocking scheme to get ML some holes. They protect the QB pretty well.

We can agree to disagree on that one. I think Edwards has had plenty of time to throw. Now Favre being better than edwards at knowing what to do with that time (or less time) is a different issue. But I personally think you arent giving our online nearly enough credit.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculously wrong. There is a maddening lack of talent on this team, which is why we consistently lose more games than we win. Front office is bad, coaches are bad, talent is mediocre AT BEST.

Does this roster REALLY have a lot of good players on it? We have one good WR, a good RB, our QB is mediocre, our O-line is hit or miss with substandard talent at a few spots, our DE's are terrible, our LB's are average on good days, our safeties are borderline terrible... where's all this playoff-caliber talent?!? Whitner? Posluszny? Kelsay? Preston? Ellison? Butler? Dockery?

C'mon. Bills fans really need to start being honest with themselves. The TEAM IS NOT GOOD.

Well i think you are wrong. ridiculously wrong? i dunno.

But that list you rattled off are all good players. They may not all be studs .. but you can look at any nfl roster and find talent gaps.

And i think Whitner and Poz are extremely good players and playmakers and we could do a lot worse at those positions. I know that is subjective. The days of having all stars at every position are long gone for every team.

And i think Whitner and Poz are extremely good players and playmakers and we could do a lot worse at those positions. I know that is subjective.

It is NOT subjective, it is quite OBJECTIVE.

Please list for me the last big play either Whitner or Posluszny made.

EXTREMELY good players? Really? I wouldn't even label them GOOD players, based on the lack of production both have displayed thus far. I see no-name players making plays for teams around the league every week. And even if they step out once a season to make a big pick, or force a big fumble... that's one more than these two.

It boggles my mind why so many people give guys like Whiter, Posluszny, Ryan Miller, etc. a pass. Why do Buffalo fans put certain guys on a pedestal and remove them from all criticism?

The Jets are Brett Favre away from 6-10.

Nope....they'd have Chad Pennington, who is doing pretty well with one of the three teams leading the AFC East....can't remember, which team in the division isn't like the others?

It is NOT subjective, it is quite OBJECTIVE.

Please list for me the last big play either Whitner or Posluszny made.

EXTREMELY good players? Really? I wouldn't even label them GOOD players, based on the lack of production both have displayed thus far. I see no-name players making plays for teams around the league every week. And even if they step out once a season to make a big pick, or force a big fumble... that's one more than these two.

It boggles my mind why so many people give guys like Whiter, Posluszny, Ryan Miller, etc. a pass. Why do Buffalo fans put certain guys on a pedestal and remove them from all criticism?

You can say what you want. Poz has very productive numbers. I'm not a stat guy. I just look at what i see on the field.

I think there have been a lot of overall issues with this team including lack of coaching so you can't take all these numbers at face value. And my memory sucks too. lol

You can say what you want. Poz has very productive numbers. I'm not a stat guy. I just look at what i see on the field.

I think there have been a lot of overall issues with this team including lack of coaching so you can't take all these numbers at face value. And my memory sucks too. lol

What do you see on the field?!?!? Because most objective fans see nothing we wouldn't get from any NFL-caliber MLB.

And are you REALLY going to point to STATS to validate Posluszny's worth?! He's a middle linebacker... OF COURSE he's going to put up big numbers. But he's quickly morphing into London Fletcher, padding his stats by making tackles six or seven yards down field. In his year and a couple games, he has made very, VERY few - if any - impact plays.

To wit, coming into the year many thought the Bills would be much better up the middle with the addition of Stroud and replacing DiGiorgio with Stroud. But can anyone say we've gotten more out of the MLB spot with Posluszny than we got last year out of DiGiorgio? You'll have a hard time convincing any objective fan of that one.

The guy simply isn't an impact player at all. Same with Whitner. The Bills could do better at BOTH positions. I'm not advocating cutting the guys by any means, and I think there are BIGGER holes to fill (FS, OLB, two DE's, two interior O-linemen, TE, QB, 2nd WR). But if a better option presents itself, the Bills should take it.

Ridiculously wrong. There is a maddening lack of talent on this team, which is why we consistently lose more games than we win. Front office is bad, coaches are bad, talent is mediocre AT BEST.

Does this roster REALLY have a lot of good players on it? We have one good WR, a good RB, our QB is mediocre, our O-line is hit or miss with substandard talent at a few spots, our DE's are terrible, our LB's are average on good days, our safeties are borderline terrible... where's all this playoff-caliber talent?!? Whitner? Posluszny? Kelsay? Preston? Ellison? Butler? Dockery?

C'mon. Bills fans really need to start being honest with themselves. The TEAM IS NOT GOOD.

If the talent is that lacking on this team how did they almost beat the Jets this last game?

What this team lacks is an offensive coordinator who knows how to call plays to put his players in position to win games,not lose games. The head coach stinks also! Do you have faith in him to out coach Bill Belichick ?

This OC calls the shotgun formation around 75% of the offensive plays and before the Cleveland game he RARELY used play action passing formations so back at week 11 it was like 98%. The shotgun formation is telling the opponent screw whatever defense you show us we are going to pass (or draw from it occasionally).

All season Schonert has been putting the most pressure on the QB when it should be on the running backs, The Bills have two very talented backs in Jackson and Lynch and until the last few games don't rely on them enough. Hell,In that 49er game Lynch was killing them and he got one stinking carry in the 4th QTR,WHY? Instead Schonert tried to force the 2nd string QB to win the game by forcing the pass every down.

This team could have won a ton of games this season if not for the inept coaches,the :thumbsup: 's

I think there is plenty of talent on this team. When the talent doesn't execute is come down, in my opinion, to questioning the heart of this team. There are few leaders emerging, or depth of leadership.

During the super bowl days they were called the bickering Bills, which was a misnomer. The problem was there were too many leaders whom were all trying to push the team.

The kind of leadership can not be drafted or evaluated. It evolves on the field.

That is the problem with the team. Not coaching, not talent.

The first string talent on this team is fairly good,what we really lack is depth. Once a starter gets hurt the dropoff in talent is huge. That said,if our QB's give us just average play this season,we make the playoffs. Unfortunately our QB performance has been horrible.

I'll give you an example .. I like Thomas Jones a lot!!!

He has had a great season.

But personally do you think he is more talented than lynch? I don't

If you had the choice .. would you take jones over lynch .. even putting aside our fandom.

I live near the city and watched last week's game with a bunch of jets fans. They were very impressed with Lynch.

I would take Lynch .. and i think all those jets fans i watched the game with would too.

As of right now, yes, I would take Jones. He has a veteran way about him that just knows how to do what he's supposed to do. Now if you compare Lynch to Jones in 2 years, with Lynch in 2 years from now to Jones of today, I might change my mind.

Lynch's biggest issue in my mind is lack of vision. He runs ferociously with a lane, but he needs a clear lane. I've yet seen him do the little things, that even Fred Jackson does, like dive quickly for 2 or 3 yards at the last second real low to get a 1st, or stop looking for the homerun on every play when that's not your style.

Lynch has great upside IMO, and but I'm not sure about greater talent. Jones played pretty unbelievably for the Bears and pretty good under the Jets.

I've seen the Jets on TV several times this year and the thing that impresses me most about them is their Offensive Line. I'd take theirs over ours in a heartbeat. Ours is not bad now that we've worked out a blocking scheme to get ML some holes. They protect the QB pretty well.

The biggest diffences between the 2 are at Center and QB. Favre makes them look better than they are but Mangold is a stud. I'm still not over the fact that we passed on him for friggin' McCargo.

There's a reason the Jets went from suckitude to division contenders and the Packers went from the NFC Championship game to outta the playoff race over the offseason and it's not TALENT.

Personally .. i think this team has playoff-caliber talent.

Especially when you stack this team up player for player with other playoff contending teams.

There are plenty of issues .. but a lack of talent is not one of them IMO

HAHA!! you are the kidder..--of course the problem is that we lack talent on the lines--where it counts.....and possibly at QB

Personally .. i think this team has playoff-caliber talent.

Especially when you stack this team up player for player with other playoff contending teams.

There are plenty of issues .. but a lack of talent is not one of them IMO

you're kidding right. how can you say they stack up against the giants or steelers. we have one of the softest defenses I've ever seen in Buffalo

No. 1 Poz has only played just over a full season now. This is essentially his rookie season.

No. 2 A MLB can only excel when the DTs do their job (not really this season). We don't really have a good sub for him on obvious pass plays either

No. 3 With some decent help on the OLB position, he can do more (team game and all)

Notice how bad things got when Whitner went out. This guy is for real in his second year. A star? Probably not, but no need to replace him.

My question is about Lee Evans. I'm told every day that he is a star, but don't star receivers get open SOMETIMES? I suspect the play designs and WR coaching have something to do with this since NO ONE ever gets open downfield. I'm not going to put Evans' number on the Wall until him find a way to get open.

I like Lynch better lately since he gave up his dance routine.

Edwards might still be good. A good line can make all the difference. I'm troubled by his arm though. I haven't seen the Bills stretch the field in ages.

BTW we did address the TE position a few years ago. Unfortunately Everett got hurt twice. I would have loved to see what he could do.

DE in the first round (a scary one, please!) and OL for the next 2 picks. Sometimes drafting the best player on the board leaves far too many holes and those players can't excel w/o the foundation of good lines.

What do you see on the field?!?!? Because most objective fans see nothing we wouldn't get from any NFL-caliber MLB.

And are you REALLY going to point to STATS to validate Posluszny's worth?! He's a middle linebacker... OF COURSE he's going to put up big numbers. But he's quickly morphing into London Fletcher, padding his stats by making tackles six or seven yards down field. In his year and a couple games, he has made very, VERY few - if any - impact plays.

To wit, coming into the year many thought the Bills would be much better up the middle with the addition of Stroud and replacing DiGiorgio with Stroud. But can anyone say we've gotten more out of the MLB spot with Posluszny than we got last year out of DiGiorgio? You'll have a hard time convincing any objective fan of that one.

The guy simply isn't an impact player at all. Same with Whitner. The Bills could do better at BOTH positions. I'm not advocating cutting the guys by any means, and I think there are BIGGER holes to fill (FS, OLB, two DE's, two interior O-linemen, TE, QB, 2nd WR). But if a better option presents itself, the Bills should take it.