Caroline Kennedy Tours Upstate

BillsNYC

I was just reading this article on Caroline Kennedy coming to Buffalo today in The Buffalo News and thought it was good she was coming up there and realizing she's going to need Upstate support.

Then I read that she is visiting Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo all today, and had already visited 2/3 and was on her way to Buffalo for her final visit.

So her listening tour consists of her stopping for an hour or so in each city. What the hell is she going to learn by doing that, especially when her staff won't discuss if she's ever been Upstate before. To me this is a lame attempt at trying to learn about Upstate.

I honestly think she has no idea what she is getting into, I almost feel she's got a chance for power and is jumping in blindfolded. The tabloids are going to destroy her.

I think it would be great to have a Kennedy name to represent NY, but I also don't think she's the right person for the job considering she's a Park Avenue elite who possibly knows nothing of New York other than NYC. Upstaters need somebody that will go to bat for them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS - If I was her, I would have done a 2 day tour. I would have hit Syracuse in the morning and had lunch there, then hit Rochester and spend the night. Leave in the morning for Buffalo and spend the day there.

While doing that, I would take a tour of the city and talk to some regular folks and show she cares.

Not go Upstate and be secretive about where you're going and who you're meeting with and looking like you're trying to get the hell out of there as fast as possible.

It comes off like a rich lady going to a soup kitchen and getting there late and leaving early in a limo.

I see no reason she wouldn't go to bat for us. It will be her job and therefore her ability to get elected. As a freshman Senator her name will carry more weight than any other potential freshman Senator, IMO.

I agree that her name will carry weight, at first glance I would love to have her as a Senator as I live in NYC. But when I think of Upstate, she's never shown an interest in the other 90% of the state, what has she ever done that would prove she will as a Senator?

I agree that her name will carry weight, at first glance I would love to have her as a Senator as I live in NYC. But when I think of Upstate, she's never shown an interest in the other 90% of the state, what has she ever done that would prove she will as a Senator?

Nothing so far but what did Hillary have to offer upstate? If she wants to keep her job she'll do a lot for western New York. I think being the only surviving child of John will give her a lot of power that nobody else will bring to the table.

A quick drive through Syracuse down South Salina (main street), then past Carrier, New Venture Gear, and Syracuse China will tell anyone what the biggest problems are. No different than the problems in Rochester and Buffalo.

I'm thinking Fran Drescher may not be a bad alternative for Senator. She's got the personality and experience in public to mix it up with other politicians. Other actors or beauty queens have made the jump to politics; Fred Thompson, Ronald Reagan, Sarah Palin, Gopher from Love Boat, Sonny Bono. On second thought, maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea. :lol:

A quick drive through Syracuse down South Salina (main street), then past Carrier, New Venture Gear, and Syracuse China will tell anyone what the biggest problems are. No different than the problems in Rochester and Buffalo.

I'm thinking Fran Drescher may not be a bad alternative for Senator. She's got the personality and experience in public to mix it up with other politicians. Other actors or beauty queens have made the jump to politics; Fred Thompson, Ronald Reagan, Sarah Palin, Gopher from Love Boat, Sonny Bono. On second thought, maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea. :lol:

I'm surprised Alex Baldwin isn't going for this. He has threatened to run a bunch of times. How about Madonna? She is moving back to NY and is married to A-Rod. Baldwin is famous and according to someone on here Kennedy is a slut but Madonna is both. Whoever wants the job and has had the most magazine articles written about them during their life should get it.

I'm surprised Alex Baldwin isn't going for this. He has threatened to run a bunch of times. How about Madonna? She is moving back to NY and is married to A-Rod. Baldwin is famous and according to someone on here Kennedy is a slut but Madonna is both. Whoever wants the job and has had the most magazine articles written about them during their life should get it.

You mean you stubbornly refuse to endorse Caroline Kennedy until she has a plate or two at Nick's?

Can't say as I blame ya.

You mean you stubbornly refuse to endorse Caroline Kennedy until she has a plate or two at Nick's?

Can't say as I blame ya.

Not at all.

I'm just saying is she really famous enough? We have lots of famous people in NY and wouldn't they be more qualified?

That would be me . She was in Rochester 45 min I guess thats enough . Mattress back Kennedy f her and all these GD politicians. If they are going to be in my pocket be there for a good reason :lol: