Hamdan may get a shot this Sunday

Billsjunkie

I know I will get laughed at but so be it......

I went to the Lions preseason game with the Bills when Hamdan started, and I will say his throws were on the money all night long, hitting guys in stride in the numbers......I know it was the Lions and players that dont play for them now, but still he has to throw the ball and make the right reads and he did really well......

Take it for what its worth....

But one things for sure, im not heading into next season with Trent & Hamdan as my #1 & #2 guys.......

I know I will get laughed at but so be it......

I went to the Lions preseason game with the Bills when Hamdan started, and I will say his throws were on the money all night long, hitting guys in stride in the numbers......I know it was the Lions and players that dont play for them now, but still he has to throw the ball and make the right reads and he did really well......

Take it for what its worth....

But one things for sure, im not heading into next season with Trent & Hamdan as my #1 & #2 guys.......

So you're the GM?!?

In all seriousness, if what you saw is ANY indication of Hamdan's ability, and he plays pretty well this Sunday, then why wouldn't Trent and Hamdan be your #1 & #2 next year?

ESPECIALLY after the note Bob D. had in his column today, about JP's contract (only making $900,000, pretty cheap for a back-up). Hamdan would be as cheap as you could get. If he can't play for crap, he won't be here next year.

Here's what I have a problem with; Jeremy White and Nick Mendola (WGR tards) didn't think this was even worthy of conversation. They said the notion of Hamdan playing ahead of JP was embarrassing. WAT. Seriously, how could you make any arguments for JP starting again? The guy is going to be gone and means NOTHING to this team. Besides that, he's awful.

If Hamdan is that bad, why would he be on the roster? Don't tell me it's embarrassing to even discuss it because that's just foolish. Hamdan is on the roster and has never had a chance to play much in a regular season game. Don't just assume he's horrible because of his name. He could be terrible but at least lets find out for sure. Otherwise, who's signing these players and why is he still employed?

“I wouldn’t say that I wouldn’t [play Hamdan],” Jauron said this week. “It will take a little bit of time in the next couple of days as we get ready for Denver. We’ll talk things over and see.”

I don't really see this as a statement from Jauron saying that Hamden will play much. Definitely doesn't deserve the title: "Bills may let Hamdan play out string". All his statement means is you might see Hamden get in a few plays in the 4th when the game is out of reach.

“I wouldn’t say that I wouldn’t [play Hamdan],” Jauron said this week. “It will take a little bit of time in the next couple of days as we get ready for Denver. We’ll talk things over and see.”

I don't really see this as a statement from Jauron saying that Hamden will play much. Definitely doesn't deserve the title: "Bills may let Hamdan play out string". All his statement means is you might see Hamden get in a few plays in the 4th when the game is out of reach.

Yep, sounds about right. Typical Dick Jauron.

If JP starts, there's no reason to watch.

I've been hoping and hoping for JP to turn it around, but I really don't see the point of playing him now. Why not see what you have in Hamdan? Chances are it's nothing, but at a minimum it's one less unknown heading into next season.

Watch us win the last two with Hamdan. Then we'll all be asking why the f**k Losman was starting when we were still in the chase.

PTR

Personally, if that happens I'll be asking why the f**k Losman WASN'T starting the last two games, as our draft position will have undoubtedly suffered because of said wins.

If Loseman starts, I'll DVR the game and wait until I see the final score on Monday to determine if I'll watch the game or delete it. Most likely if Loseman starts, I'll delete it as he will lose the game again for us.

I'm sure MANY on this board will DVR the game if JP starts................& will only watch it if the Bills lose, so they can come on the board & say, see I told you JP SUCKED.

I had to DVR the Jets game...only to see the score flash on Live tv...Bills were up 27-24 with under 3 mins left. Even though the score spoiled it for me i was pumped that we might win. Then at the party i was at, a family member told me Bills lost again. I was like "WTF ?!? It better not be because of a JP blunder" and sure enough later that eve, i saw that it was. Such classic JP.

If Hamdan gets the nod that shows you just how much the Bills coaches hate JP. They had absolutely no intention of playing Hamdan this season unless disaster struck. Nothing against Gibran, i can see him being a bit of a sack machine though. If he has some pocket presence, gets rid of the ball and makes a few plays i will be happy.

Give the guy a shot. What do they have to lose?

Agreed. Cause for some concern though is this:

The 27-year-old from Indiana University completed 30 of 47 passes for 258 yards and no touchdowns in four preseason games this year. He was sacked five times.

He was sacked five times in 47 throws?! that's one sack every 9 throws!

I say start him to see if he's gotten that under control!!

RJ wasn't that bad!!!

Agreed. Cause for some concern though is this:

The 27-year-old from Indiana University completed 30 of 47 passes for 258 yards and no touchdowns in four preseason games this year. He was sacked five times.

He was sacked five times in 47 throws?! that's one sack every 9 throws!

I say start him to see if he's gotten that under control!!

RJ wasn't that bad!!!

I don't trust pre-season stats as far as I can throw them. And I should let you know I can't throw stats very far at all.