Edwards Injury

robkmil

I'll first admit that I root for Edwards and believe that he has the ability to be a good qb.

however, I find this injury strange. What have the Bills told us about it? how sore is it? what is he doing? is there a projection for him to play this year.

Some people in the media might be suggesting its not that big of an injury, ie. Brett Favre would play with it--Ruben Brown on the Edge

Does anyone else think that maybe they are keeping him out for his own sake or his psyche. The coaches realized he was in a funk and didn't want his confidence shaken too bad? I hope not, but something just doesn't seem right.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i think there is more going on then the organization is telling us... which seems obvious but with the current state of affairs and general fan disgust you would hope they would try and save face and be honest about their players. but since they cant give a straight answer on jaurons contract extension that does not suprise me...

:bag:

it was awfully suspicious--is it him or the coaching staff?

ps:

i also hate that our injured guys don't ever appear to be into the game on the sidelines.

Jauron was asked during the Bills first big skid, when Trent stunk worse than limburger cheese, whether he had any doubts about his QB. He was adamant, almost emotional, in his support of Edwards in those interviews I remember seeing. But Trent had ideas of his own. Meaning, when adversity became too much for him, he wilted like a dick in ice water and pouted on the sidelines like some petulant kid. Jauron more than likely wanted to rescind his earlier statements and pull Trent out of games BEFORE the one in question. But Dick doesn't like to be second-guessed by the media, and he KNEW the first thing he'd face would be everyone saying, "But, Coach, you SAID you believed in the Kid, why'd you bench him."

So, two things combined. Dick went up to Trent at halftime of the San Fran game and said, "Hey, would you mind sitting on the bench and letting JP try it out there?" and Trent said "OH MY GOD I CAN'T HANDLE THIS WAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

and they agreed to fake an injury. Voilah!!!

This is where it gets funny. Neither of them had the good sense to leave Trent in the !@#$ing locker room. He waltzed around on the sideline like the idiot he is, and Coach Dumbshit didn't think about it, either. Then, when the OBVIOUS questions were starting to be asked, like "Hey Trent, um, WHEN did this injury occur?", neither of these geniuses had an ANSWER prepared, so they both stammered and answered differently. Total joke.

I lost all respect for both "men" that day.

i think there is more going on then the organization is telling us... which seems obvious but with the current state of affairs and general fan disgust you would hope they would try and save face and be honest about their players. but since they cant give a straight answer on jaurons contract extension that does not suprise me...

:P

You mean an organization that can't even confirm or deny if their coach extended his contract when he was 5-1 and smelling purdy might not communicate well? Shocker. :P

What is the deal with the Bills anyway? Do they think the genius of Belichick is because he's paranoid and doesn't let anybody know what is going on with his team? :bag:

Early in Sunday's game, I thought I heard one of the announcers mention Edwards and said the team was waiting to decide whether or not he needs surgery. But it was never discussed again, and none of the local media repeated it.

Jauron was asked during the Bills first big skid, when Trent stunk worse than limburger cheese, whether he had any doubts about his QB. He was adamant, almost emotional, in his support of Edwards in those interviews I remember seeing. But Trent had ideas of his own. Meaning, when adversity became too much for him, he wilted like a dick in ice water and pouted on the sidelines like some petulant kid. Jauron more than likely wanted to rescind his earlier statements and pull Trent out of games BEFORE the one in question. But Dick doesn't like to be second-guessed by the media, and he KNEW the first thing he'd face would be everyone saying, "But, Coach, you SAID you believed in the Kid, why'd you bench him."

So, two things combined. Dick went up to Trent at halftime of the San Fran game and said, "Hey, would you mind sitting on the bench and letting JP try it out there?" and Trent said "OH MY GOD I CAN'T HANDLE THIS WAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

and they agreed to fake an injury. Voilah!!!

This is where it gets funny. Neither of them had the good sense to leave Trent in the !@#$ing locker room. He waltzed around on the sideline like the idiot he is, and Coach Dumbshit didn't think about it, either. Then, when the OBVIOUS questions were starting to be asked, like "Hey Trent, um, WHEN did this injury occur?", neither of these geniuses had an ANSWER prepared, so they both stammered and answered differently. Total joke.

I lost all respect for both "men" that day.

Having an injury like that doesn't mean he can't walk it just means playing is too harsh on it and it needs time to heal. Did you expect to see him in a wheel chair? :bag:

Early in Sunday's game, I thought I heard one of the announcers mention Edwards and said the team was waiting to decide whether or not he needs surgery. But it was never discussed again, and none of the local media repeated it.

I was just getting ready to post this. They said that offseason surgery is more likely than putting him on IR and doing it now, but never gave a reason as to why.

My take is that its a torn groin, but not all the way through, so the healing process is much less than a full tear and they can afford to wait out the season.

The Bills are covering up the fact they rushed Edwards back too soon after his concussion. They are parking him for the season so he has a chance to recover by next year.

PTR

If rushing him back from a concussion means he'll go 25-30 for 261 yards and a TD, and spreading it around to seven different guys in a win, then someone should lay his a$$ out in practice every Thursday.

This concussion nonsense was stupid over a month ago, and its even more stupid now. Since the concussion he had two good games against lame competition and four lousy ones against good competition. End of story. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and accept his tweaked groin, but will you people stop it with this concussion nonsense?

As for the OP, I think if he had to he'd be on the field, but the season is over and there's no way Jauron puts him in against Denver on the road or NE* at home. If we get to January and Trent ends up having surgery for his groin, then I'll admit I'm wrong.

i'm going with "sports hernia." he will need surgery. you heard it here first.

The Bills are covering up the fact they rushed Edwards back too soon after his concussion. They are parking him for the season so he has a chance to recover by next year.

PTR

A couple of weeks ago, someone on the Zone posted that he was told by a reliable source inside the organization that Trent took another hit in a game after his 1st concussion and has had at various times blurred vision, some memory loss & headaches. If that is true, then he may have some kind of groin injury, but it's more likely the concussion is why they've shut him down for the season.

PTR

Thank you, it's the concussion, it's always been the concussion. Seriously now, a pull of a muscle or a BRUISE to the brain? Which do you think will be more aggravating during high stress times making split second decisions, which will affect/effect this throwing and game play more. I'm also sick and tired of the SD & KS game retorts. Without a BRAIN BRUISE you have good days and bad days based on internal chemical flows, psyche, outside direction or complete lack thereof, etc., etc. Now throw in a BRAIN BRUISE in the mix. Get a solid bruise on your arm or leg, it may be gone in a week or two, but it's still tender, now pretend its your BRAIN!!!

Put him on IR.

Thank you, it's the concussion, it's always been the concussion. Seriously now, a pull of a muscle or a BRUISE to the brain? Which do you think will be more aggravating during high stress times making split second decisions, which will affect/effect this throwing and game play more. I'm also sick and tired of the SD & KS game retorts. Without a BRAIN BRUISE you have good days and bad days based on internal chemical flows, psyche, outside direction or complete lack thereof, etc., etc. Now throw in a BRAIN BRUISE in the mix. Get a solid bruise on your arm or leg, it may be gone in a week or two, but it's still tender, now pretend its your BRAIN!!!

Put him on IR.

I love the "Holiday Inn" diagnoses on this board. Nice job suspending medical reality to explain why Trent has been terrible for seven weeks, except when he plays the bottom-feeders. Trent's out this week because he's having a bad internal chemical flow day. LOL

I was just getting ready to post this. They said that offseason surgery is more likely than putting him on IR and doing it now, but never gave a reason as to why.

My take is that its a torn groin, but not all the way through, so the healing process is much less than a full tear and they can afford to wait out the season.

I think this is more likely the case, but it still seems like they wanted to sit him down for the season and see if JP could spark something. It just seemed way too suspicious that they pulled him after his horrid first half against San Fran, THEN they tell us he's injured.

Because nobody is being honest, it's really hard to say what the story is.

I love the "Holiday Inn" diagnoses on this board. Nice job suspending medical reality to explain why Trent has been terrible for seven weeks, except when he plays the bottom-feeders. Trent's out this week because he's having a bad internal chemical flow day. LOL

Stay at a Holiday Inn and then reread the post.... its a BRAIN injury, please. And yes, it does control and promote the various chemical flows that enable us to put one foot in front of the other on a daily basis.

I think this is more likely the case, but it still seems like they wanted to sit him down for the season and see if JP could spark something. It just seemed way too suspicious that they pulled him after his horrid first half against San Fran, THEN they tell us he's injured.

Because nobody is being honest, it's really hard to say what the story is.

I still can't believe there are people who think Trent is faking this. How embarrassing. The Bills couldn't risk that. If it EVER surfaced, the organization which has taken many beatings over the years, would be the laughing stock of the NFL. It's bad enough that we are close to that by missing the playoffs 9 years in a row. Besides all that, there's no way the Bills opt to play JP Losman over a healthy (if he was "faking" it) Trent Edwards.

One of the announcers on Sunday also referenced that Trent was having a hard time walking around and was in noticeable pain.

Maybe I'm wrong with this but before he got pulled against San Francisco, Trent didn't even TRY to go deep for several games, an indication that he couldn't step into that type of throw without hurting himself.

Whether it's his groin or head, as Bills fans we have to hope it's something. You can't explain his rise at 5-1 and then his fall at 1-5. You can say competition and maybe even the 3-4 defense, but there was a pretty noticeable difference in his play. The last time we saw the long ball was when he hit Lee Evans in the 2nd half against Kansas City. Before that play, I can't remember when.

I think when the season ends there has to be some sort of explanation and maybe they will clear it up with a press conference. I have many questions about this issue.

A couple of weeks ago, someone on the Zone posted that he was told by a reliable source inside the organization that Trent took another hit in a game after his 1st concussion and has had at various times blurred vision, some memory loss & headaches. If that is true, then he may have some kind of groin injury, but it's more likely the concussion is why they've shut him down for the season.

If this is true then the Buffalo Bills should try and trade him to get what ever draft picks they can. A QB with lingering concussion problems (an injury that becomes more susceptible with each occurrence) in only their second year is a very very bad thing. Wow, that would suck if the Bills would have to draft another freaking QB or find a starter through free agency. I hope what you're saying is not the case because Trent did show some promise early in the season. I wanted to see what he'd do in his third year as a starter, but if he still has head problems it's time for a plan B in the offseason.