C or TE in 1st rd

Numark

All, i am saying is when the season counted with games against cleveland, san fransisco, and miami. We couldn't pass the ball further than the line of scrimmage, literally. And then we put up 3 points against miami and san fran. 3 points. Defense does win chamionships, but you have to have a capable offense. There has been teams that won a superbowl purely as an offensive powerhouse, btu rarely does a pure defense win chamionships.

NO, until we upgrade our offense, we won't stand a chance of making the playoffs. Don't kid yourselves. With our defense right now added 2 or 3 players, with a devoping ellis and bowen, can get us to the playoffs. You are crazy to think our current offense with an addition of a 2nd or 3rd round Center, will get us anywhere. When we play the jets or patriots, a pass rushing defensive end will make a difference. But give me a break if you still think we can outscore them

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A first round TE is nice AFTER you make the playoffs, which I think is why we haven't seen one in a while. If you can't get to the playoffs with a normal TE, you have more pressing needs. Like DE, OLB, C. I'd even take the best available G or RT or even a playing making safety before TE.

We need to draft a new personell department, and hopefully Ralph will do more than just allude to the fact that our drafts haven't been great for the last 7 or 8 years. Could be the reason why DJ got extended - Ralph made his decision on where change is going to happen. My fingers are crossed.

All, i am saying is when the season counted with games against cleveland, san fransisco, and miami. We couldn't pass the ball further than the line of scrimmage, literally. And then we put up 3 points against miami and san fran. 3 points. Defense does win chamionships, but you have to have a capable offense. There has been teams that won a superbowl purely as an offensive powerhouse, btu rarely does a pure defense win chamionships.

NO, until we upgrade our offense, we won't stand a chance of making the playoffs. Don't kid yourselves. With our defense right now added 2 or 3 players, with a devoping ellis and bowen, can get us to the playoffs. You are crazy to think our current offense with an addition of a 2nd or 3rd round Center, will get us anywhere. When we play the jets or patriots, a pass rushing defensive end will make a difference. But give me a break if you still think we can outscore them

You're absolutely correct. We had this same discussion last offseason. You can't win games unless both sides of the ball are, at the very least, competent. The Bills passing attack is a joke and has been for years. They have no TE and their 2nd WR could best be described as a poor man's Wayne Chrebet. The OL? Decent, but C has been problem for years.

The Bills would be much more likely to win games if they'd aim for having a top 10 offense and defense. They're not going to win many games at all if they keep building on the defensive side and allowing the offense, particularly their passing attack, to rot. Statistically, the Bills have been in the bottom quarter of the league offensively for 6 straight seasons now. I understand that there are problems with the defense, and those problems would be an issue in the playoffs, but the reason this team can't make the playoffs to begin with sure as hell isn't due to the defense.

You're absolutely correct. We had this same discussion last offseason. You can't win games unless both sides of the ball are, at the very least, competent. The Bills passing attack is a joke and has been for years. They have no TE and their 2nd WR could best be described as a poor man's Wayne Chrebet. The OL? Decent, but C has been problem for years.

The Bills would be much more likely to win games if they'd aim for having a top 10 offense and defense. They're not going to win many games at all if they keep building on the defensive side and allowing the offense, particularly their passing attack, to rot. Statistically, the Bills have been in the bottom quarter of the league offensively for 6 straight seasons now. I understand that there are problems with the defense, and those problems would be an issue in the playoffs, but the reason this team can't make the playoffs to begin with sure as hell isn't due to the defense.

We have 2 young wr's and a young qb who will improve this years output. I do agree that we need help on offense but if we're picking around #10, I think a RT, G or QB would be a better value to our team than TE.

Guest dog14787
What C would solve our problem via FA though? The only stud that's available is Birk, and i don't think he's going anywhere. (I could be missing someone)

I agree with TE being a priority, but just not enough of a priority to surpass the lack of pass rush.

IMO, we're one Center away from completing the offensive line...and one solid pass rusher from completing the Defensive line (assuming that Schobel can continue to produce) though we still need more depth at DT.

I'm not sure about our LB's...seeing Mitchell beat by a FB this past week made me want to vomit. Poz has been very average, and Ellison can't/shouldn't start.

We're either going to have to get a DE (ala Peppers) or LB (dansby, peterson, crowder) via FA...b/c we won't be able to fill everything through the draft.

Being that I don't expect us to get a guy like peppers, I think we're going to have to draft a DE with our first pick, hopefully go TE with our second, go Center with our third and we can get a LB and and an "ok" DT in FA.

Good observations :D

We have 2 young wr's and a young qb who will improve this years output. I do agree that we need help on offense but if we're picking around #10, I think a RT, G or QB would be a better value to our team than TE.

No offense, but regarding the returning young players, I've heard that before.

I'm not dead-set on drafting offense, either. It all depends upon who is available with that pick and whether the Bills might try to trade out of that spot, but all else being equal, I would much prefer they look to the TE and C position right now than DE, in particular. The draft 'value' isn't nearly as important to me as the value to the team itself. Would a major upgrade at either position make this offense significantly better? I think it certainly would.

No more drafting WR's, if we're gonna bring in a WR we should go after T.J. Houshmanilli (championship) or Greg Jennings. Wr's take anywhere from 2-4 years to develop. Our pass rush is a joke, we need an impact DE, hopefully we can get one in the 1st round or via FA. It's too early to give up on Edwards, so we should bring in a veteran backup QB.

Offensive needs: WR, TE, C, backup QB

Defensive needs: DE, LB, S

Not really sure how you can confidently say our young QB will improve...he showed great regression and a lack of confidence during his struggles to the point he was afraid to let the ball go downfield, even when WR's were open. Not good signs for a young QB...

As far as our #1 pick goes...I have said this before on other posts...the FO and coaching staff is high on Derek Fine. So unless he shows something these last two weeks to change their mind (like play like Robert Royal), I highly doubt they use a high pick on another TE when they feel they have a young guy on the roster that can develop and fill this need. Personally, I would love to see us grab Coffman, but its just not gonna happen unless they change their opinnion on Fine.

If a stud QB is there when we pick, I dont think they go that route in the first round, but they may consider it. Every year it seems a Top QB prospect falls just because teams he is falling too dont need a QB, so one could fall to us, and who knows, maybe they bite.

I just dont see them grabbing a center that high up, but then again, maybe they trade down and grab one.

I think they consider going DE, but truth is, with so MUCH money wrapped up in Kelsay, Denney and Schobel, are they gonna wanna pay for another High priced DE because of his high draft slot? Could factor into their decision.

I dont know why people talk about DT being a big need...this is one area that really isnt a pressing need. Help at DE and LB would vastly improve our interior DL play as we have a stud and some nice complimentary players on the inside.

No way they go WR...not with Johnson and Hardy on the roster.

So, I think the most likely scenario is they go best LB or OL available or try and trade back and take a Center. If we go DE, they gotta do something with Denney or Kelsay...

This is not taking into account FA signings or possible trade scenarios for a player like say McNabb if he is available.

No offense, but regarding the returning young players, I've heard that before.

I'm not dead-set on drafting offense, either. It all depends upon who is available with that pick and whether the Bills might try to trade out of that spot, but all else being equal, I would much prefer they look to the TE and C position right now than DE, in particular. The draft 'value' isn't nearly as important to me as the value to the team itself. Would a major upgrade at either position make this offense significantly better? I think it certainly would.

I just think a major upgrade can be done in the second round for either te or c, and I prefer c. In the first I'd like an impact defensive player, preferably at lb assuming we do not fill crowell's spot in free agency. I also do not want to jump up to get a player because I don't think our player rankings are that good.

Not really sure how you can confidently say our young QB will improve...he showed great regression and a lack of confidence during his struggles to the point he was afraid to let the ball go downfield, even when WR's were open. Not good signs for a young QB...

As far as our #1 pick goes...I have said this before on other posts...the FO and coaching staff is high on Derek Fine. So unless he shows something these last two weeks to change their mind (like play like Robert Royal), I highly doubt they use a high pick on another TE when they feel they have a young guy on the roster that can develop and fill this need. Personally, I would love to see us grab Coffman, but its just not gonna happen unless they change their opinnion on Fine.

If a stud QB is there when we pick, I dont think they go that route in the first round, but they may consider it. Every year it seems a Top QB prospect falls just because teams he is falling too dont need a QB, so one could fall to us, and who knows, maybe they bite.

I just dont see them grabbing a center that high up, but then again, maybe they trade down and grab one.

I think they consider going DE, but truth is, with so MUCH money wrapped up in Kelsay, Denney and Schobel, are they gonna wanna pay for another High priced DE because of his high draft slot? Could factor into their decision.

I dont know why people talk about DT being a big need...this is one area that really isnt a pressing need. Help at DE and LB would vastly improve our interior DL play as we have a stud and some nice complimentary players on the inside.

No way they go WR...not with Johnson and Hardy on the roster.

So, I think the most likely scenario is they go best LB or OL available or try and trade back and take a Center. If we go DE, they gotta do something with Denney or Kelsay...

This is not taking into account FA signings or possible trade scenarios for a player like say McNabb if he is available.

I'm not sure, but Edwards will have an offseason to address 8 men dropping into coverage and I am hopeful he will get better. Defenses adjust pretty quickly, and young qbs tend to take longer to overcome problems they have. I included qb in the first round choices in case the coaches don't think he will improve. I think Steve Johnson has a great chance to contribute more considering how much he did this year, and hopefully Hardy will earn some more time, but that's the biggest question.

That's a good point about the money invested in DE, but I saw that Greer may be looking at 7 million a year this offseason. I'd hate to think that if a good DE is available we would pass because of money, but I can believe it. The Pittsburgh Pirates have been doing that (and sucking) around here for years.

I'd like to see LB, C, d or o lineman in order in the first three rounds. The Steelers have been playing without their 2 starting guards from last year as well as their OLT for most of the games this year, and that was without any help from their draft class last year. I think we need to have that kind of oline depth before we go for a dynamic TE. Imagine if we had Walker/Whittle/Fowler/Preston/Chambers starting on Sundays.

I'm not sure, but Edwards will have an offseason to address 8 men dropping into coverage and I am hopeful he will get better. Defenses adjust pretty quickly, and young qbs tend to take longer to overcome problems they have. I included qb in the first round choices in case the coaches don't think he will improve. I think Steve Johnson has a great chance to contribute more considering how much he did this year, and hopefully Hardy will earn some more time, but that's the biggest question.

That's a good point about the money invested in DE, but I saw that Greer may be looking at 7 million a year this offseason. I'd hate to think that if a good DE is available we would pass because of money, but I can believe it. The Pittsburgh Pirates have been doing that (and sucking) around here for years.

I'd like to see LB, C, d or o lineman in order in the first three rounds. The Steelers have been playing without their 2 starting guards from last year as well as their OLT for most of the games this year, and that was without any help from their draft class last year. I think we need to have that kind of oline depth before we go for a dynamic TE. Imagine if we had Walker/Whittle/Fowler/Preston/Chambers starting on Sundays.

I like Greer but I doubt he'll get resigned by us. Ralph doesn't shell out big bucks to CB's so I doubt Greer will be on the team next year.