The main reason Dick Jauron will be fired...

1billsfan

...is the turnaround by the Miami Dolphins. I think Ralph is livid and will be all the more livid when Jauron brings the ship into port at 6-10 while the Miami Dolphins beat the Jets in the final game of the season and grab the AFC East title after going 1-15 the year before. I'm not even worried that Jauron is coming back. An extension does not trump a colossal disaster of this magnitude. It makes financial sense (unmarketable hopeless team in a down economy equals huge ticket sales drop) and football sense (losing 9 of last 10 games equals horrific coaching) to admit that he is simply not a capable head coach if having a winning season is a short or even a long term goal.

I still hope they give Tampa Bay DB coach, Raheem Morris a serious look for their next head coach. He sounds like the polar opposite of Dick Jauron in the passion and personality department. Please no more retreads Ralph. Look no further, Morris is the perfect fit here.

Jauron is coming back. He won't be fired. Get over it.

Ralph doesn't care about wins and losses. The franchise simply doesn't try hard enough to win, and it starts at the top. That's why Jauron will NOT be fired.

Thankfully I won't have to get over it. Ralph may be cheap, but the guy does have a breaking point and seeing the Dolphins fly past his team in only one season while the Dick Jauron model is regressing after three seasons is his breaking point. Mark my words, Dick Jauron has no shot at coming back for another year here as head coach.

...is the turnaround by the Miami Dolphins. I think Ralph is livid and will be all the more livid when Jauron brings the ship in to port at 6-10 while the Miami Dolphins beat the Jets in the final game of the season and grab the AFC East title after going 1-15 the year before. I'm not even worried that Jauron is coming back. An extension does not trump a colossal disaster of this magnitude. It makes financial sense (unmarketable hopeless team in a down economy equals huge ticket sales drop) and football sense (losing 9 of last 10 games equals horrific coaching) to admit that he is simply not a capable head coach if having a winning season is a short or even a long term goal.

I still hope they give Tampa Bay DB coach, Raheem Morris a serious look for their next head coach. He sounds like the polar opposite of Dick Jauron in the passion and personality department. Please no more retreads Ralph. Look no further, Morris is the perfect fit here.

It's not like Parcells was the one that got away and Miami somehow outbid the Bills for his services. What's Ralph got to be livid about? Wilson would never hire a Parcells-like person to run the show any more than he's going to shell out the bucks for a Cowher. IMO, Ralph thinks the team is weak in depth and talent, had some key injuries again, and the collapse was partly out of Jauron's hands. If Jauron signed the contract, and we're now 48 hours away from it being reported without any denial by the Bills, then 1) Ralph isn't going to eat Jauron's contract, 2) but if he does he's going to factor that in when he hires the next coach. Face it, we're either stuck with Jauron for a few more years, or the next coach will be some clown who's willing to work for pennies. Bottom's up!

It's not like Parcells was the one that got away and Miami somehow outbid the Bills for his services. What's Ralph got to be livid about? Wilson would never hire a Parcells-like person to run the show any more than he's going to shell out the bucks for a Cowher. IMO, Ralph thinks the team is weak in depth and talent, had some key injuries again, and the collapse was partly out of Jauron's hands. If Jauron signed the contract, and we're now 48 hours away from it being reported without any denial by the Bills, then 1) Ralph isn't going to eat Jauron's contract, 2) but if he does he's going to factor that in when he hires the next coach. Face it, we're either stuck with Jauron for a few more years, or the next coach will be some clown who's willing to work for pennies. Bottom's up!

Say what you will about Ralph, even at 90 years old the guy is still competitive when it comes to his team and their standing in the division and the league as a whole. He also does not like spending millions on players and coaches who are not giving it their full efforts. We shall see who's right. Those Cleveland, San Francisco and Miami games were the death nail for the head coach of a passionless team. The mind-numbing play call in the Meadowlands was the cherry on top. Ralph is just waiting till the season ends so that he can come riding in on a white horse to the cheers of the fans and media.

The Bills will likely end the season at 6-10, and more disturbingly, 0-6 in the division. That a huge step back from last year's injury-riddled 7-9 overall and 4-2 AFC East finish. I'd say that is more than enough for even Ralph to pull the plug on Dick.

If we fire Jauron, we're just going to get another Gregg Mularkey. Might as well hold onto a guy whose shown he can go 13-3 all things being perfect. Whoever Ralph hires most likely wouldn't even offer that possibility.

Two things -

1) this is the NFL, aka Not For Long league. We can't wait and hope that all the stars align and Dick somehow evolves into a good coach sometime in the next three or so years.

2) We are the Buffalo Bills. Things will never be close to perfect, so forget about Dick taking us to a 13-3 year.

Say what you will about Ralph, even at 90 years old the guy is still competitive when it comes to his team and their standing in the division and the league as a whole. He also does not like spending millions on players and coaches who are not giving it their full efforts. We shall see who's right. Those Cleveland, San Francisco and Miami games were the death nail for the head coach of a passionless team. The mind-numbing play call in the Meadowlands was the cherry on top. Ralph is just waiting till the season ends so that he can come riding in on a white horse to the cheers of the fans and media.

Can you please explain this to me? Every game I've watched this year I've seen a team playing very hard to win. Unfortunately, coaching blunders have kept us from winning several of these like Clowns, Jets, and 9ers. Can you name a specific player and game that shows the team is passionless? Inquiring minds want to know.

I agree with Big Bad Boone. If we're going to go with a total rookie coach like Morris or Josh McDaniel or someone like that I'd just as soon stick it out with Dick for another year. Let the guys who are playing well give it one more campaign and hopefully Dick can keep his game blowing blunders to a bare minumum. Better than going with a risky unknows IMHO.

Ralph doesn't care about wins and losses. The franchise simply doesn't try hard enough to win, and it starts at the top. That's why Jauron will NOT be fired.

I agree.

If Ralph somehow gets around to firing Jauron, I will be right back here saying how wrong I was and how right you were, 1billsfan.

But until then, I think your faith in Ralph wanting to do the right thing is stupid (you're not stupid, your belief in Ralph... who has done nothing to earn it... is), beyond comprehension, completely unfounded, and so on. Put simply, Ralph DOESN'T TRY HARD ENOUGH TO WIN IN THE NFL. I'm not sure if he doesn't care, if he's only willing to go so far, if he's ignorant... but at the end of the day it doesn't matter.

He isn't willing (or smart enough) to commit himself and his franchise to building a sustainable, successful venture. Ralph - and by extension the franchise - simply isn't committed to doing whatever it takes to win. They just don't try hard enough, and that's evident to those of us on the outside.

I can only imagine the apathy/comfort-with-mediocrity that has invaded One Bills Drive...

Can you please explain this to me? Every game I've watched this year I've seen a team playing very hard to win. Unfortunately, coaching blunders have kept us from winning several of these like Clowns, Jets, and 9ers. Can you name a specific player and game that shows the team is passionless? Inquiring minds want to know.

I agree with Big Bad Boone. If we're going to go with a total rookie coach like Morris or Josh McDaniel or someone like that I'd just as soon stick it out with Dick for another year. Let the guys who are playing well give it one more campaign and hopefully Dick can keep his game blowing blunders to a bare minumum. Better than going with a risky unknows IMHO.

In all seriousness, what part of jauron's 6 win per season average makes you think that he's capable of leading us to the playoffs?

I think after his reaction to the Cleveland, San Francisco, & Miami losses, it's hard to say he doesn't care about wins/losses.

My guess is that he's a guy who wants his cake and eat it, too. I'm sure he HATES losing to the Dolphins and being embarrassed on Monday nights, but he doesn't want to pony up the $$$ to get the front office in shape to get the right group of coaches/players in here to win.

I still appreciate what Ralph has done to keep the team here, but this mentality has got to end soon.

If we want to compare and contrast with the Dolphins, let's look one level up:

Buffalo "GM": Russ Brandon - Class of '89 Communications/Management grad from St. John Fisher and recent intern with local Western NY minor league sports teams

Miami GM: Bill Parcells - Collegiate coach since 1964, professional coach since 1979 and 2 time Super Bowl winner

Personality and passion are NOT what this organization is desperate for.

It's BRAINS.

I don't give a rat's ass if they hire a !@#$ing MUTE in a god damned WHEELCHAIR to coach the team, so long as he is the smartest mother!@#$er available.

Oh, and to further qualify my response, it ain't gonna happen while Ralph lives and breathes, not if he did commit 6 mil to the dumb bastard. No way, Jose.