Those who think Bledsoe has still 'got it'

Tolstoy

I'm curious. Many posts still refer to Bledsoe Apologists, but I can't imagine that anyone would still defend Bledsoe's football skills. Mind you, this has nothing to do with his qualities as a human being, which may be exemplary.

Admittedly, at the beginning of the season, I thought with a good system, and a good coach, Bledsoe would have a comeback. I was wrong, wrong, wrong. Bledsoe is a broken QB who isn't going to get fixed.

Are there any Bledsoe apologists still out there? Does anyone still think he has what it takes to lead this team to a victorious season? Step forward please so we can peer at you with wondrous awe.

If there is no one out there, then I figure it's not just me and a few others who think Bledsoe has had it, but every reasonable person. This would mean that it is more likely that Malarkey agrees with us, and benches Bledsoe in the near future (Heavens be praised).

On the other hand, if a lot of you step up to defend Bledsoe, I am not so hopeful that Malarkey sees things the way I (and others) do, and may stick with Bledsoe the rest of the way (pass the arsenic please).

Bledsoe's played two poor games this year. All in all, he's not the only reason the Bills are 1-5. Key drops, missed assignments, and dumb penalties have hurt this team on both sides of the ball. But you and the other lemmings have found yourself a whipping boy. Congratulations.

Ah, Campy. You are truly a marvel to behold.

Don't you see, I was once firmly on your side? Now, I have seen the lemming light.

Bledsoe lacks a very subtle but very important ingredient to good Quarterbacking: fire in the belly. What am I talking about? I am talking about the sheer determination to win, to become master over other men, to obtain glory. It was what Achilles had when he stood over the broken body of Hector on the battlefield of Troy. It was what Alexander the Great had in abundance when he conquered the known world. For that matter, it was what Takeo had when he first came to Buffalo, and said all he wanted was to become a household name, to be a name on everyone's lips at the dinner table.

Join us lemmings Campy. There is peace and joy in the truth, and only misery in falsehood and denial.

I'll raise my hand for him!!!!

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: ............................ <_<

I guess it is true. To the Bledsoe Apologist, there will always be another problem: the receivers drop the ball, the O-line stinks, the coaches call the wrong play, the Defense let us down, etc., etc.

They will skirt and avoid the real problem which is more difficult to see, because it is the malady, and not the symptom.

The malady is that Bledsoe does not have the Jim Kelly drive to win, the drive that passed through the entire offense and team like an electric current.

Ah, Campy.  You are truly a marvel to behold. 

Don't you see, I was once firmly on your side?  Now, I have seen the lemming light. 

Bledsoe lacks a very subtle but very important ingredient to good Quarterbacking: fire in the belly.  What am I talking about?  I am talking about the sheer determination to win, to become master over other men, to obtain glory.  It was what Achilles had when he stood over the broken body of Hector on the battlefield of Troy.  It was what Alexander the Great had in abundance when he conquered the known world.  For that matter, it was what Takeo had when he first came to Buffalo, and said all he wanted was to become a household name, to be a name on everyone's lips at the dinner table.

Join us lemmings Campy.  There is peace and joy in the truth, and only misery in falsehood and denial.

89082[/snapback]

That's a whole lotta' eloquence -I especially appreciate the mythological and historical references- to say a whole lotta' nuthin'. <_<

I guess it is true.  To the Bledsoe Apologist, there will always be another problem:  the receivers drop the ball, the O-line stinks, the coaches call the wrong play, the Defense let us down, etc., etc.

89091[/snapback]

To a lemming, you just quoted Gospel. Sorry, I'm more of an X's and O's type of guy, it's that old boring "11 guys, strategy, and execution" thingy. Not everybody understands that, and I accept that.

Bledsoe's played two poor games this year.  All in all, he's not the only reason the Bills are 1-5.  Key drops, missed assignments, and dumb penalties have hurt this team on both sides of the ball.  But you and the other lemmings have found yourself a whipping boy.  Congratulations.

89079[/snapback]

<_<

Bledsoe is so done its silly. However, all he needs is a couple good games to get the monkey off his back so he can retire with dignity. He still has his arm and the knowledge of being a good QB. He'll be done till he can win. I just hope it happens, cause he is a good guy and he doesn't deserve this. If the red sox can win the world series, then bledsoe sure as hell can get the monkey off his back, at least long enough to untarnish his legacy.

You want to point some fingers? Bledsoe left the field a winner week 1. Week 2 when Henry can't get a yard to score a TD and MM "overlooks" the challenge. Week 4 Henry falls down then forgets the playbook. Week 5 is a 2 point loss to the Jets. Week 6 is a win at the Dolphins. Then week 7 is a loss where Bledsoe looks brutal against the RAVENS D who makes every QB look bad.

Fuuny that every offensive TD scored this year has come of Bledsoe's arm. Where is the famed running game? That is what you should be asking yourself.

Regardless I agree that Bledsoe's time here is done. It was done when TD drafted Losman. This offense has some skill. They just have no chemistry, and chemistry is bigger than skill. Maybe JP and Willis can bring it. I hope.

To a lemming, you just quoted Gospel. Sorry, I'm more of an X's and O's type of guy, it's that old boring "11 guys, strategy, and execution" thing...

This is true re: the 11 guys executing... the problem here is that at least one of the 11 has no "grit" or "will to win"... the proverbial "fire in the belly"... to make an analogy to basketball... Drew Bledsoe is to the Bills what Allan Houston is to the Knicks... meaning that... these guys are content to lose and basically play the game for a paycheck and, to some degree they like competition... but they just don't want to be bothered or, at least have what it takes to win. They play the game at a particular level and rarely make a play that takes their team over the top. They never reach down and get that little extra that we all have inside.

He is done, and he even knows it. When a player comes out makes it clear that he no longer has confidence in own abilities, any coach worth the price of his whistle should pull the plug. It is over for Drew, who I, like many, many others, think is a very good guy.

Why is that these guys who mellow out, get married, have kids and stop stage diving turn into has-beens all of a sudden on the field? Drew needs to get drunk, go party and bust up a bunch of people's faces.

Remember when Jim Kelly was bar hopping in Buffalo and Niagra every night? He was throwing 80 mph water balloons at women! And he was the best damn QB on the planet. Then he married Jill and had Hunter. The Bills went straight down the tubes.

I agree he hasn't had many "bad" games, so, no its not all his fault. But he hasn't lifted his game up to put this team on his shoulders and win a game for us. He is no longer capable of doing that. His era in Buffalo has come to an end, right now he is just keeping the seat warm for Losman.

In the beginning of the year I thought differently, but it has become quite obvious that he through here.