Did you just hear Keyshawn...

Alphadawg7

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent is NO McNabb...dont even go there...

Third, Westbrook has been a reciever threat for him since only 2004 and didnt become Elite until his breakout year in 2006. So, that hardly covers McNabbs career...look some stats up before you shoot off at the hip...

I try to reference recent developments, because I just don't think what McNabb did in the first half of his career has much bearing on what he will do in 2009, 2010, etc. I'm looking at trends, and McNabb is trending downward. Professional athletes decline with age. That's a fact. McNabb is no exception.

Even if McNabb has had no talent at WR, so what? How would things be any different if he came here? Let's be honest, it's not like Evans and Reed (or Johnson, or Hardy) are much of an upgrade over Kevin Curtis and DeSean Jackson.

Finally, you can already tell about how good Trent will be, huh? To that I tell you this: There once was an NFL QB who threw 46 interceptions against only 19 TDs his first two years. He was widely regarded as a bust. Then, a funny thing happened. He got better. Not just a little better. I'm talking three time Pro Bowl, four-time Super Bowl winner, Hall of Fame better. His name? Terry Bradshaw. So don't think it can't happen. McNabb isn't worth the risk

People in Philly (where I work) B word and moan when the Eagles lose and want to run him out of town. Judging by the language of the team and things like the benching, I think that could be a likely thing.

I always say that We'd happily take him off the Fecal's hands and they dont know what they would be doing. If they got rid of McNabb and Reid, they would be in the dark ages for a long time unless they got very, very lucky.

When I referenced "small body of work" it was in reference to best of the last 10 years when you brought up Warner...

Second, Trent is NO McNabb...dont even go there...

Third, Westbrook has been a reciever threat for him since only 2004 and didnt become Elite until his breakout year in 2006. So, that hardly covers McNabbs career...look some stats up before you shoot off at the hip...

Not to mention, you just justified McNabb because he HAS to throw to a RB, which should tell you how little he has to work with at WR...No one in their right mind who has any football knowledge at all would EVER claim McNabb has had talent to throw to in the course of his career. In fact, the first thing they point out is how he only had T.O. for a season and a half, and besides that NO BODY!

McNabb has had some good years, and has also labored with some mediocre supporting players and intermittently horrible play-calling from his coaches, but as someone who has lived in Philly for the past 5 years I am having a hard time getting terribly enthusiastic about him coming to B-lo. He has shown signs this year of wearing down in between good performances, and often looks pretty worn out. Furthermore, these mid-to-late-career QB shifts rarely pan out as much as the new teams hope. For every Norm van Brocklin or Jim Plunkett there are a lot of Drew Bledsoes, Daunte Culpeppers, and Niel O'Donnels. I think a vet backup is a good idea, but McNabb does not fit that role, IMHO.

Seriously? I wasn't following the play real closely. Tubsy Reid is acting like JaurTard.

Yeah, it was hilarious...you have Westbrook, McNabb and Buckhalter inside the 5 on 2nd down against the fourth worst rushing D in the league and you have a 5'10" rookie WR throw a pass right up the gut with McNabb and Westbrook lined up as WR...

DJ or Turk must have called that play in...

Yeah, it was hilarious...you have Westbrook, McNabb and Buckhalter inside the 5 on 2nd down against the fourth worst rushing D in the league and you have a 5'10" rookie WR throw a pass right up the gut with McNabb and Westbrook lined up as WR...

DJ or Turk must have called that play in...

LOL DeSean Jackson's only purpose is to run fast and catch the ball.

McNabb has had some good years, and has also labored with some mediocre supporting players and intermittently horrible play-calling from his coaches, but as someone who has lived in Philly for the past 5 years I am having a hard time getting terribly enthusiastic about him coming to B-lo. He has shown signs this year of wearing down in between good performances, and often looks pretty worn out. Furthermore, these mid-to-late-career QB shifts rarely pan out as much as the new teams hope. For every Norm van Brocklin or Jim Plunkett there are a lot of Drew Bledsoes, Daunte Culpeppers, and Niel O'Donnels. I think a vet backup is a good idea, but McNabb does not fit that role, IMHO.

The Bills don't need a vet back up. I think Trent could handle that role.

I would take McNabb, and I think it would benefit Trent a lot. A lot of people freak out of Brady, Cassell etc and their talent but what they don't acknowledge is that they each had a GOOD QB from which they could learn. Trent had no-one to emulate. The Bills have gone for years picking guys as if they were ready to go, but they've not had anyone to develop them. McNabb is pretty talented with good work ethic and leadership skills and I think he would work with Trent to help him be ready to be a more effective starter.

In the pregame they are talking about McNabb and how with McNabb your team has a chance to go to be good and go to the Super Bowl...how in his entire career he has only had a #1 target in just 23 games...how he is still an elite QB and top 5 in the league...

So Keyshawn chimes in and says, if you dont want em Philly, Buffalo will take him...

I say, HELLZ YEAH we will take him...gawd I hope we go after McNabb if he is available...give them Trent and our #1

Bringing in McNabb will be similar to when we brought in Bledsoe & also when the Ravens brought in McNair. We would see good results for a year, maybe 2, then he'll fizzle out like Bledsoe & McNair did.

Bringing in McNabb will be similar to when we brought in Bledsoe & also when the Ravens brought in McNair. We would see good results for a year, maybe 2, then he'll fizzle out like Bledsoe & McNair did.

Right now us fans are so desperate we're willing to accept 'good results for a year' as opposed to 3 more years of this sh--.

I'd give up a second for McNabb, easy. That's about it.

Trent can learn under him, a new QB we draft, whoever. When McNabb "fizzles" after three years or so, so be it... the new guy will be ready to step in.

Speaking of QB's, I only ask because I've seen him several times and a few scouts have been quoted as saying given some time to learn the pro game he could develop into a decent prospect, but what about a 6th, 7th round pick or post-draft free agent deal for Drew Willy? At this point, I think we need to explore every possible option at QB...

I think Buffalo would have been better off going after Daunte Culpepper than Donovan McNabb. Culpepper would have been a lot cheaper than McNabb and McNabb is getting a little too old to give up a #1 pick.

Plus McNabb strings together some terrible games every year.

There is a reason why Culpepper has been on a different team the last 4 or 5 years, and at times, not even on a team. He is through. His career took a steep nosedive when Moss was traded away from the Vikings and Cris Carter left. He was the benefit of great receivers and a coaching staff that liked to throw.

Alpha dog your logic is laughable. Not only a first round pick, but also Trent, or a third? Where is the precedent for such a high price for a guy on decline? You will argue that the qb's below are of lesser talent (which is true), or in Favre's case, significantly older. But a first and a third? Come on man, you are forgetting one thing in all of this: salary. Daunte signed a 100 mil deal back in 2002, and he's making 10-12 mil until 2013. If Philly got rid of him, it would probably be because they feel that his salary doesn't match his performance anymore, and they would dump the guy, most likely for cheap.

I couldn't imagine Philly getting anything more than a 3rd or a 4th for McNabb, maybe a package of picks, or at most, a second if they got lucky.

29 yr old Daunte Culpepper = traded, 2nd round draft pick

32 yr old Steve McNair = traded, 4th round pick

39 yr old Brett Favre = traded, 4th round draft pick

26 yr old UNPROVEN Matt Schaub = traded, two 2nd round picks

Oh and by the way, do you still think that the Bills were up by 4 instead of 3 when we ran that play with 2:06 left?