Positives you can take away from this game/season.

OCinBuffalo

I am interested to hear only positive things about this team in this thread. Focusing on the negative gets boring after a while, and while I am not discounting some of the duly deserved criticisms I have read, I thought it would be interesting to take an objective(as best as I can) look at 2 of the things I have liked so far:

1. Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson are good now and have the potential to be a great tandem. They both need to continue to improve, but they have definitely gotten noticeably better over the last 2 years.

2. The defense has played much better this year. The stats may not bear this out, but the scores do. There's no doubt this D can get off the field, especially in critical situations, and that is a big change from last year. We have been in almost every game this season into the 4th quarter. I think? there's only been 2 games that weren't winnable right up until the end. I think our PPG is someplace around 23, which ain't bad. And, the big thing is that we are ranked 13th overall. Given the # of times the offense has sputtered, this is fairly impressive. So far we are also 19th against the run, which isn't great, but it beats the hell out of 31st or whatever last year. I think we are short a LB, and a kick-ass DE, and with everybody back next year this D has a chance to be very good.

(I wonder how long it will take until somebody is unable to resist saying something bad....)

2. The defense has played much better this year. The stats may not bear this out, but the scores do. There's no doubt this D can get off the field, especially in critical situations, and that is a big change from last year. We have been in almost every game this season into the 4th quarter. I think? there's only been 2 games that weren't winnable right up until the end. I think our PPG is someplace around 23, which ain't bad. And, the big thing is that we are ranked 13th overall. Given the # of times the offense has sputtered, this is fairly impressive. So far we are also 19th against the run, which isn't great, but it beats the hell out of 31st or whatever last year. I think we are short a LB, and a kick-ass DE, and with everybody back next year this D has a chance to be very good.

Did you watch the first Jets game or the Patriots* game? Both of them ran 9-minute drives in the 4th quarter to put the game out of reach. Even lately, our defense has been giving up a lot of 3rd down conversions. That's not getting off the field in critical situations.

But if you want positives, I will agree with you on the Lynch/Jackson tandem. They're even better this year.

I'll also say that Derek Fine and Steve Johnson have earned more playing time, IMO. Johnson made some huge catches yesterday that extended drives, including his TD catch. Fine wasn't spectacular yesterday, but caught the balls thrown to him.

Another positive is McKelvin. For all intents and purposes, he returned another kickoff for a TD and he looked like he was playing with a little fire. Perhaps he's motivated by playing for a starting job next year, but I liked it nonetheless.

Did you watch the first Jets game or the Patriots* game? Both of them ran 9-minute drives in the 4th quarter to put the game out of reach. Even lately, our defense has been giving up a lot of 3rd down conversions. That's not getting off the field in critical situations.

But if you want positives, I will agree with you on the Lynch/Jackson tandem. They're even better this year.

I'll also say that Derek Fine and Steve Johnson have earned more playing time, IMO. Johnson made some huge catches yesterday that extended drives, including his TD catch. Fine wasn't spectacular yesterday, but caught the balls thrown to him.

Another positive is McKelvin. For all intents and purposes, he returned another kickoff for a TD and he looked like he was playing with a little fire. Perhaps he's motivated by playing for a starting job next year, but I liked it nonetheless.

Totally indicative of how bad it can get... We're just happy the TE caught the ball. He doesn't have to do anything spectacular, just catch the ball and not fumble it and it's an improvement over what we've had for 20? years now.

I am interested to hear only positive things about this team in this thread. Focusing on the negative gets boring after a while, and while I am not discounting some of the duly deserved criticisms I have read, I thought it would be interesting to take an objective(as best as I can) look at 2 of the things I have liked so far:

1. Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson are good now and have the potential to be a great tandem. They both need to continue to improve, but they have definitely gotten noticeably better over the last 2 years.

(I wonder how long it will take until somebody is unable to resist saying something bad....)

Only 2 more weeks until the offseason. And no one circles the wagons in the offseason like the Buffalo Bills Marketing department!!

3) They are largely healthy, the Bills being well in the bottom third of players sent to IR through the season.

That helps - it's a big, big problem for teams with a bunch of injuries...will the injured come back?, what positions should be drafted?

I agree - nice job overall by the D.

I'll play along - you'll have to forgive as I see some good in the bad:

- I think we found that Scott is a pretty damn good safety - firther found Whitner is quite ordinary (Identifying weaknesses is a good thing).

- Our 7th rounder out of Kentucky (Johnson) was a good value pick - hopefully he will continue to improve

- McKelvin was a worthy pick - will only get better.

I sure there are more, but without proper grooming of talent and culling the weak, we will continue to spin wheels...

Some good from yesterday:

1. we actually threw a slant (first time in about 3 years)

2. Stevie Johnson should be getting looks at #2 WR for the rest of the season. He could be the perfect compliment to Lee Evans.

I am positive we stil dont have a starting QB

I am Positive we dont have a Legitimate #1 possesion reciever

I am positive the BIlls need to upgrade at Center

I am Positive that DiCK is not the right HC for the JOB

I am Positive that the OC has no clue

I am positive that the DC has no clue

I am positive Lynch is a ahrd nose trucjk of runner who needs to get the ball often

I am positive that Jackson is a burner who needs to get the ball often

I am positive I dont know who the FB is on the team or if we have one and what he actually does for our team

I am positive that Josh reed is the best RECIEVER on the Team in the slot position only

I am Positive that # 13 needs more playing time I think he can develope into another Legitimate reciever.

I am Positve that once we have 2 legitmate receivers and a legitmate recieving TE that LEE EVANS will be the burner he is

I am positive unless this team makes serious changes next year we will be sitting once agian at 7-9 with DICK signed and all

I am Positive the bend but dont break defense gives way too much cushion for receivers to catch the ball allowing dries to continue.

I am Positive that there is really not too many psoitve thing to say about the Bills a s a whole :wallbash: