What if the 2nd and 5 playcall WORKED

Like A Mofo

What would you all think of DJ and Turk this morning if the 2nd and 5 play call worked and the Bills then ran out the clock and won the game?

Then we're talking about a few things:

1. The fake punt.
  2. The awesome team effort it took to get Freddy in the endzone.
  3. The swagger JP showed down the stretch- including the penultimate drive.
  4. Beast Mode.
  5. Steve Johnson.
  6. McKelvin's should-have-been return.
  7. HOW AWESOME THE DEFENSE PLAYED IN THE SECOND HALF!

People would still be ready to run them out of town. I cannot recall in my 27 years as a Bills fan when the fans were ever unanimously behind a coach or player. I remember during the Super Bowls years plenty of people giving flak about Marv being a poor head coach or that Frank Reich should be starting over Jim Kelly. It seems every year we're trying to run someone out of town, but any talk of the team leaving the area is hate speech

What would you all think of DJ and Turk this morning if the 2nd and 5 play call worked and the Bills then ran out the clock and won the game?

I would've been happy, of course, but I would have said that it was a bad, risky call. Trusting JP to get it done is always a bad idea. Especially when Marshawn is on fire.

You can make a case that it was a good call. Surely the Jets were expecting a run, but everything went wrong.

Some coaches have a knack for making the unexpected call at the right time. Others don't. For whatever reason, the conbination of these Bills players and this coaching staff does not win. Like a bad recipe that needs to be changed.

1. The fake punt.
  4. Beast Mode.
  5. Steve Johnson.

Spot on....

But we'd still be wanting Jauron outta here. There would only be 1,493 fewer threads about it.

I don't think it was a bad call. 2:06 left, you run a play for 6 seconds and it doesn't matter if its a run or pass really. The execution was bad

Everyone keeps saying this, but if JP had executed the play properly (as decscribed by Turk) and thrown it away as soon as he saw the FB was jammed, then it'd be 3rd and 5 with 2:02 left instead of probably 3rd and 1 or 2 at the 2:00 warning.if we'd have done the right thing and handed it to ML or FJ.

Who passes the ball when you need to run the clock out to preserve the win? Only an idiot.. As soon as I saw Johnson drop back I knew it was going to be horrible.

I suppose you are fond of Turk's 6 losses where he just wouldn't run on first down.. or second..

Everyone keeps saying this, but if JP had executed the play properly (as decscribed by Turk) and thrown it away as soon as he saw the FB was jammed, then it'd be 3rd and 5 with 2:02 left instead of probably 3rd and 1 or 2 at the 2:00 warning.if we'd have done the right thing and handed it to ML or FJ.

No one would have executed that play.. It was ridiculous!! Who trys a bootleg pass when you have dominated the running game.. Almost 200 yards and no one was stopping Lynch..

Damn. I am shocked by the people bashing anyone but Dick and Turk.. I want Turk fired immediately. PERIOD

I feel it was the horrid play calling that lost us each and every game except Arizona..

1. The fake punt.
  4. Beast Mode.
  5. Steve Johnson.

:rolleyes:

I don't think it was a bad call. 2:06 left, you run a play for 6 seconds and it doesn't matter if its a run or pass really. The execution was bad

The stupidity of calling that play was that JP was QB. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen him throw the ball away instead of trying to make a play for way too long.

That's the obvious call especially since Marshawn and Freddy were running all over the defense all day long.

Who passes the ball when you need to run the clock out to preserve the win? Only an idiot.. As soon as I saw Johnson drop back I knew it was going to be horrible.

I suppose you are fond of Turk's 6 losses where he just wouldn't run on first down.. or second..

Freudian slip I take it? But there are a lot similarities between JP and RJ aren't there?

"Running out the clock" has absolutely no relevance to this discussion.

I would still say it was a terrible call. There is nothing that play gets you, that sticking to the run doesn't.

1. The fake punt.
  4. Beast Mode.
  5. Steve Johnson.

Cat, I agree there were some positives from that game. All that you mention.

It is a shame the HC (or the OC) decided to throw it all away on a "cute" play, when smash mouth was working so well. It is is they are afraid to succeed.

The second that play started and he didn't hand the ball off, I screamed at the TV, "What the hell are you doing!!!". That was the wrong call right from the start when your running game is working as good as it was. If that play worked, I would have been happy they won, but I'd be saying how lucky they were with that play. That was the wrong call, no ifs, ands, or buts. Simply wrong.

I'm more mad about Losman not being able to ever hang onto the ball when he gets hit. Would I have prefered a run in that spot? Sure would. Do I still hate the coaches? Yep. But Losman is the one that didn't execute that play. He had a good 5 seconds to make a choice. He is just WAY to slow in the noggin to be an NFL QB.

If "ifs and buts" were beer and nuts...

Bottom line, the call failed because it was the wrong call - and that follows the pattern of Jauron repeatedly failing to make the right call in the right situation. Give your team the best opportunity to lose, and most often they will...especially when they aren't so hot to begin with.

I'd have been upset if the play succeeded, because rewarding bad coaching with undeserved victories only serves to perpetuate the bad coaching. Also, I'm rooting for the Bills to lose, as Ralph Wilson has violated my code of conduct that preconditions my being a fan.

"Beat the Bills" is my motto so long as Ralph C. Wilson owns the team. Sorry to all you battered wives who long for your abusive spouse to change, but I hope they never win another game until he's gone.