Ramblings

K-9

I've questioned Lynch's status as an elite runner in this league. And for good reason. Not very elusive, no blazing speed, tries to get too fancy, etc. But I will go on record right now as saying that when he makes up his mind to just hit the hole I am reminded of Earl Campbell. Yes. Earl friggin' Campbell. Not in terms of breakaway ability like Campbell, but the sheer power of his leg drive and his WILL. I've NEVER seen a runner with more heart. Never. And that kind of heart is contagious. And OLmen LOVE to block for guys like this. So, Marshawn, I apologize.

Say what you want about our great collapse but this season was lost on turnovers more than anything else. More than coaching blunders, more than lack of talent, more than getting beat by the other team. The silver lining in that is that it's correctable. What would be harder to take is if we weren't in position to win the most of the games we've lost. But we were.

The play call. While I would have given it to Lynch at that juncture simply because he was hitting them like a blunt instrument all day and it had taken it's toll, I don't put too much blame on the coaches. A play action with MORE than 2 minutes to go is NOT a bad call BECAUSE of what Lynch was doing. That play is a high percentage play when executed correctly and part if me likes the fact the coaches went against their tendencies. The blitzing CB IS JP's responsibility to read, Peters' inability to match quickness with a CB notwithstanding. JP couldn't have fu*ked it up any worse than he did, though. 1.) He dropped WAY too deep before rolling out giving the CB a better angle and more time to get to him. 2.) While McIntyre did a sh*t job in his own right, it's on JP to make the read quicker and simply run the bootleg it's designed to be IF the FB is not open. Instead, JP WAITED for the play to develop. I won't pile on JP anymore than we have since he's come into the league but suffice to say this was the latest glaring example of his inability to be aware of the game situation and what's required at the time.

Although you could see the Washington run coming from a mile away at the end of the first half, Fewell made some decent adjustments. I like what we did to Favre and their passing game after the first half. We figured him out and our secondary and LBs did a pretty decent job. Of course Favre helped. A LOT.

I sincerely feel bad for JP. After saying he wanted to compile a highlight reel for prospective teams next year he ended up doing the exact opposite. Ouch. It was painful to watch.

GO BILLS!!!

Having JP Losman play action roll out and pass the ball to COREY MCINTYRE is a high percentage play? lol. Now I've heard it all. EVERY PLAY IS HIGH PERCENTAGE WHEN EXECUTED CORRECTLY. No play that entails JP throwing the ball to a crappy fullback is high percentage. It was a terrible call and it cost the players that worked their butts off out there a satisfying W on the road against the J E T S. Thanks Skeletor. good riddance.

The play call. While I would have given it to Lynch at that juncture simply because he was hitting them like a blunt instrument all day and it had taken it's toll, I don't put too much blame on the coaches. A play action with MORE than 2 minutes to go is NOT a bad call BECAUSE of what Lynch was doing. That play is a high percentage play when executed correctly and part if me likes the fact the coaches went against their tendencies. The blitzing CB IS JP's responsibility to read, Peters' inability to match quickness with a CB notwithstanding. JP couldn't have fu*ked it up any and what's required at the time.

Precisely why it was INEXCUSABLY bad coaching. Did any Bills fan think that JP could execute that play correctly? And if we know it, the guys who live, breathe, eat, sleep, and crap football over 16 hour days at OBD need to know that the guy is a colossal f**kup at basic QBing. Only makes the evidence that much more damning against Jauron & Co. The worst part is ol' Dicky-do must feel very cozy with his 3 year extension as he quickly took the heat for the Turk. As if he's trying to save Schonert's hide as well. Scary, but we may be looking at this bunch for 2009 as well. It only makes it tougher to take that we were in these games, as it was clearly poor management (i.e. coaching) that caused us to snatch defeat from victory several times this year. Enough to have us with 9 wins and in the thick of it right now.

Oh, it was a play fake all right. Just not much of one. But he did play fake to Lynch and NOBODY bit.

GO BILLS!!!

NO he didn't, and after rewatching it, I think Lynch was supposed to go left and help with the blitzing safety, because McIntyre went right and chipped the blitzer from the right side and was open.

Having JP Losman play action roll out and pass the ball to COREY MCINTYRE is a high percentage play? lol. Now I've heard it all. EVERY PLAY IS HIGH PERCENTAGE WHEN EXECUTED CORRECTLY. No play that entails JP throwing the ball to a crappy fullback is high percentage. It was a terrible call and it cost the players that worked their butts off out there a satisfying W on the road against the J E T S. Thanks Skeletor. good riddance.

Glad I could provide you some much needed comic relief. No, every play is NOT a high percentage play if executed correctly. Every play executed correctly is SUCCESSFUL. A long pass against man-over/man-under coverage IS NOT A HIGH PERCENTAGE PLAY even if you're capable of hitting now and again. Short passes on rollouts where a QB has an option is a HIGH PERCENTAGE PLAY even if you screw it up now and again. Whether you accept that or not.

The Jets blew up the play anyway so it's a moot point. But JP STILL had an option. Still had a high percentage of not getting hit and fumbling.

But he found a way to do it anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

NO he didn't, and after rewatching it, I think Lynch was supposed to go left and help with the blitzing safety, because McIntyre went right and chipped the blitzer from the right side and was open.

I'm still waiting for that clip of JP pointing to Elam before the snap.

If he DIDN'T make a half-assed attempt at a play fake, then what do you call that motion of him extending the ball toward Lynch before continuing his idiotic drop back?

If the play was designed to go to McIntyre in the right flat, then Lynch would NOT have the responsibility of picking up the far side blitz. No, instead, you play act to Lynch (which he half-assed did) hoping to freeze the coverage long enough for McIntyre to get clear on that side. A successful play fake would have frozen the DE and LB long enough. Problem was the Jets blew it up and nobody bit on the play fake. Now, I'm not saying Bryant Gumble is a football genius but there is a reason he says "play fake" as Losman drops back. Or are you going to suggest that Gumble didn't say that, too.

The crappy play fake was just another way in which Losman's poor execution was evident.

GO BILLS!!!

Jason Peters job was to stop the blitzing S, he did not even slow him down. Peters planted his feet and extended his arms, giving him no chance to engage the S.

It was a bad play call, they should have handed it to ML and been done with it. :rolleyes:

Isn't the safety expected to engage Peters. It really isn't fair that a fast player ran around his extended arms rather than trying to run through him. Afterall, Peters did give the universal sign for "Engage Me" by extending his arms.

Isn't the safety expected to engage Peters. It really isn't fair that a fast player ran around his extended arms rather than trying to run through him. Afterall, Peters did give the universal sign for "Engage Me" by extending his arms.

and Peters has already been very clear in the media that he can not be expected to block players that "hustle", those cheaters....

I'm still waiting for that clip of JP pointing to Elam before the snap.

If he DIDN'T make a half-assed attempt at a play fake, then what do you call that motion of him extending the ball toward Lynch before continuing his idiotic drop back?

If the play was designed to go to McIntyre in the right flat, then Lynch would NOT have the responsibility of picking up the far side blitz. No, instead, you play act to Lynch (which he half-assed did) hoping to freeze the coverage long enough for McIntyre to get clear on that side. A successful play fake would have frozen the DE and LB long enough. Problem was the Jets blew it up and nobody bit on the play fake. Now, I'm not saying Bryant Gumble is a football genius but there is a reason he says "play fake" as Losman drops back. Or are you going to suggest that Gumble didn't say that, too.

The crappy play fake was just another way in which Losman's poor execution was evident.

GO BILLS!!!

I am working on getting the clip.

I have to admitt, after watching it again JP did make a very feebly fake. It was so bad I never noticed it before.

I don't know if Lynch should have picked up the blitz, it was just a thought. But JP clearly points it out.