ESPN crawn just said Jauron signed 3-year extension

Reddy Freddy

I know many believed this was the case, but until now I was unaware of confirmation, other than Chris Mortensen's speculation. I also found it curious that ESPN is reporting this now of all times.

Guess they just wanted to kick us while we were down.

I know many believed this was the case, but until now I was unaware of confirmation, other than Chris Mortensen's speculation. I also found it curious that ESPN is reporting this now of all times.

I think ESPN is likely reporting it, now, because it would seem a logical conclusion that Jauron would be fired in two weeks. Todays mental melt-down (not all that surprising to those of us who have followed this team week in week out, year after year) seems to be getting more attention from the national media, tonight. On the NBC broadcast tonight, they spent a fair amount of time discussing the horrible play calling (and JP's "ineptness" as Collinsworth put it), on the pre-game show, and broached it again at halftime.

That is as much national coverage that the Bills have gotten in weeks. They would normally say things like "the Bills lost again, but they are still playing hard for Dick Jauron" and leave it at that. We who actually watched the games knew better...I think the national sports guys are starting to notice that we are in a real dire situation here...

I think ESPN is likely reporting it, now, because it would seem a logical conclusion that Jauron would be fired in two weeks. Todays mental melt-down (not all that surprising to those of us who have followed this team week in week out, year after year) seems to be getting more attention from the national media, tonight. On the NBC broadcast tonight, they spent a fair amount of time discussing the horrible play calling (and JP's "ineptness" as Collinsworth put it), on the pre-game show, and broached it again at halftime.

That is as much national coverage that the Bills have gotten in weeks. They would normally say things like "the Bills lost again, but they are still playing hard for Dick Jauron" and leave it at that. We who actually watched the games knew better...I think the national sports guys are starting to notice that we are in a real dire situation here...

We're in a dire situation, yes, but I've seen no indication that the players aren't playing hard. This is a game they basically won after all, when most of us wouldn't have thought twice about penciling it in as a blowout. And they did it by coming back from a 14-3 lead in a hostile environment that had me almost ready to flip to another game. Yet they somehow clawed their way back.

Bleak outlook, yeah...but by all appearances, effort isn't whats missing imo.

Bleak outlook, yeah...but by all appearances, effort isn't whats missing imo.

Yeah one of the things missing is a coach that knows not to give it to your star RB in that situation. Now it looks like that piece of the puzzle has been thrown away for three years.

Please. The word Collinsworth used was incompetence.

Please. The word Collinsworth used was incompetence.

Is he wrong? Collinsworth seems to pull no bones about the Bills and is usually very quick to criticize them, but I can't disagree with him here.

That said, I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's a logical conclusion that Jauron gets fired because of the media attention. That smacks too much of a conspiracy and stuff being leaked to the media, which I don't believe would happen.

Wow. I just wake up and here I get to puke in my mouth.

Doesn't surprise me, tho. This is only the latest confirmation that things need to change at the very top of the organization in order for anything to change. The Bills are the AFC's version of the Lions b/c ineptness is rewarded and excuses are tolerated.

We are not a couple-few players away from competing. Mere roster swaps in the absence of anything else isn't going to do much. Until Ralph sells or dies, so that someone whose primary interest is about winning football games... I may watch, but since games aren't on here very frequently these days, I probably won't. My heart doesn't care enough and is not enough to override the basic desire to not get kicked in the nuts every !@#$ week. Lots of other things to be doing on Sundays.

Wow. I just wake up and here I get to puke in my mouth.

Doesn't surprise me, tho. This is only the latest confirmation that things need to change at the very top of the organization in order for anything to change. The Bills are the AFC's version of the Lions b/c ineptness is rewarded and excuses are tolerated.

We are not a couple-few players away from competing. Mere roster swaps in the absence of anything else isn't going to do much. Until Ralph sells or dies, so that someone whose primary interest is about winning football games... I may watch, but since games aren't on here very frequently these days, I probably won't. My heart doesn't care enough and is not enough to override the basic desire to not get kicked in the nuts every !@#$ week. Lots of other things to be doing on Sundays.

Totally Agree! :thumbsup:

The Bills are so bad that we had the game on but we were putting up the Christmas decorations...bad football = can't watch...I finally sat down to watch the tube at 4:00 for the Ravens-Steelers game.

If true, this extension thing sucks beyond measure. I think Ralph is too old to want to go through a new head coach and front office makeover. We're stuck with what we have for the rest of time Ralph owns the team. And then who knows what we'll have (if anything) after that. . .

So I guess we should all get used to the idea of Jauron et al. being here for the next 3 yrs. The Bills could lose out the rest of their games and I still believe we would have Jauron as HC.