The Play Call - Unbelievable!

All_Pro_Bills

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the sad thing is that that pass was just about the safest pass play you could call. Should they have called it? no way. But as Collinsworth just said, it was the incompetence by Losman that made that play a disaster.

You need to change your screen name to Jauron666 or something.

the sad thing is that that pass was just about the safest pass play you could call. Should they have called it? no way. But as Collinsworth just said, it was the incompetence by Losman that made that play a disaster.

Jason Peters barely touched his man, but it's all JP's fault. :devil:

You should try actually watching the game. :wallbash:

Collinsworth hit the nail right on the head..Couldnt have said it better myself...

Knowing that BFLO is out of the playoff hunt and divison race BEFORE this game... The Bills winning puts MIA in the driver seat (they won against SF)... So as much as it hurts that the Bills lost... I can still relish that fact that I dislike the NE and MIA way more than the NYJ's!

Losman's (really Peters) total phuckatude may have put a kabosh to MIA's fluke season... And does anyone really want to see Matt Casteroil with his BellyAche in it again. :devil:

Somebody will be in and it can't be BFLO... And I relish the fact that Peters and Losman are one step in MIA's not making the playoffs... Which would have been a far worse commentator suckfest than Brett "I Think I Will Shed Some Tears and Not Retire" Favre. :wallbash: At least it will cost the Jets some coin if they make it...

Any comments form you pukes that think it was a bad call? :wallbash:

I agree with where I think you're going.

Most fans excoriated Jauron and the staff for sitting on the ball at the end of the Cleveland game. Today, he made a mildly gutsy call to try to WIN THE GAME and he's getting killed for it.

Look at it this way: we had two or three nice runs before the ill-fated waggle. DJ tried to put the ball in the hands of a QB with wheels to get him outside, take the cheap flick to the TE if it's there, and if not pick up a yard or two (while staying in bounds and rolling the clock) to set up a 3rd and 3-ish. If he completes that pass for a first down, it's basically lights out, and the time to call the waggle was perfect. We just had an idiot QB run the play, and I think DJ said as much in the post-game by stating something like "I can't put [A FIFTH-YEAR, FORMER FIRST ROUND QUARTERBACK] in that position."

I'm still on the fire DJ team, but I understand the play call and credit him for being a stand up guy and refusing to publicly put JP in his rightful place beneath the tires of the bus. If you don't like the series at the end of the Cleveland game (I'm one of those people), you can't bash DJ for showing some nuts and trust in the waste from Tulane and trying to win the game.

Sorry, but the Cleveland game and this game are different situations. In this game you're protecting a lead. Maybe, if the Jets are killing the run game, you change it up and try a pass, but they weren't. It was second and five.

Your comparison to the Cleveland does illustrate a point, though. Jauron plays it conservative at the worst times and takes chances at the worst times. He does not appear to have any sense of the game.

"It was second-and-5 and we thought they were going to stack the box," Schonert said. "An incomplete pass doesn't hurt us because it still takes us to 2 minutes. So [Jauron] thought we'd catch them and throw a quick pass to the fullback in the flat. The fullback got stuffed and never made it out to the flat. And then you've got to just throw it away and protect the ball."

from the Buffalo News

If their plan was to throw to a player who has 2 receptions on the season with a total of -1 yards they should not get paid or have a job.

I think that statement, and the replay, clearly demonstrate that it was a called pass play, and not a QB run.

Just a horrible play call, horribly executed.

Knowing that BFLO is out of the playoff hunt and divison race BEFORE this game... The Bills winning puts MIA in the driver seat (they won against SF)... So as much as it hurts that the Bills lost... I can still relish that fact that I dislike the NE and MIA way more than the NYJ's!

Losman's (really Peters) total phuckatude may have put a kabosh to MIA's fluke season... And does anyone really want to see Matt Casteroil with his BellyAche in it again. :wallbash:

Somebody will be in and it can't be BFLO... And I relish the fact that Peters and Losman are one step in MIA's not making the playoffs... Which would have been a far worse commentator suckfest than Brett "I Think I Will Shed Some Tears and Not Retire" Favre. :wallbash: At least it will cost the Jets some coin if they make it...

Any comments form you pukes that think it was a bad call? :wallbash:

I want the Bills to win first, then I worry about other teams playoff positions. These coaches are finding new ways to lose games and fans. :devil::wallbash:

But you KNEW JP would screw it up. He always does (recently at least). I would not let JP attempt a pass in that situation

See Rock...That's the difference between You, Me, a ton of fellow Bills Fans, and a HC who is a loser...We understand Our Players, their tendencies, when to take a chance, and when it's simply not worth the risk...Add to the equation that it's only 2nd and 5...Our Running Game is looking REAL good...It was just a dumb Call...Those who think differently don't understand that one VERY important aspect of Coaching and Play Calling is never out-think yourself...Don't take a risk, however calculated, when there is zero reason for risk...

You have a 3 Point lead, it's only 2nd Down, your at the 2 min Warning, the running Game is looking good, you've crawled out of the shadow of Your own endzone, you have a QB who is prone to making bad decisions and fumbling the Ball, your Defense has stopped the Jets 3 and Out on their previous 3 possessions...Now...Granted, You get a 1st Down and the Game is probably over...But you can do that on the ground just as easily...You need 5 freaking Yards on 2 Running Plays...

Jauron risked it against the odds and got stomped for it...Thank God this loser is probably gone in a couple weeks...This Team will be better off without Jauron...Bye, Bye Dead Dick...Go be a loser somewhere else... :devil:

I want the Bills to win first, then I worry about other teams playoff positions. These coaches are finding new ways to lose games and fans. :devil::wallbash:

Call me DeLuca all you want... But, I would agree with you when it actually means the Bills can go somewhere like the playoffs.

If they can't make the playoffs... The only game I want is the one that stops them from going 0-16.

Sorry, call it what you want... I am not going to go all DeLuca and say it is better for the team (and actually it may be with draft picks)... Because losing is NEVER better than winning. It just doesn't mean nothing at this time for me... And I will probably watch the playoffs.

Vindictive yes. Pragmatic with regards to which other team you like or dislike, yes again.

man plays calls like that lead men to drink.......

If the Bills don't fire Jauron and the OC I for one will not buy another ticket to see them play while he is head coach

anybody that has played or coached football knows that is a horrible decision to make ON THE ROAD.

I hope all the games come on TV :devil:

I agree -- I thought it was a great call. But no blocking, and Losman screwed it up. :devil:

Yeah no blocking is right. On that play. The line played a great game today but Peters didnt even try to block Elam coming off the corner. I know it was a speedy cornerback but c'mon at least stick your arm out and give him a little push. I think he just figured Losman would have gotten rid of the ball by the time Elam got there so he would take off that play just like he took off for training camp. What a *$%#!!!!

I agree -- I thought it was a great call. But no blocking, and Losman screwed it up. :wallbash:

Great call? How much crack you gotta smoke to think that. 120 seconds to kill to win and we want to pass. They couldn't stop our backs all day and you want to pass. Just kill the clock, even if we had to punt, at least take as much time as we can. Thats football 101. Out smarting yourself isn't. :devil: