Let's say we win 2 of the last three...

What if we win 2 of the last 3 and go 8-8? Do you think the FO will try to pass this off as a successful season? Will you buy it? Remember now that 8-8 is an improvement record wise...

I don't care if we finish 9-7 I think we took some steps back this year or at least have stayed stagnant. Depressing December....again.

What if we win 2 of the last 3 and go 8-8? Do you think the FO will try to pass this off as a successful season? Will you buy it? Remember now that 8-8 is an improvement record wise...

I don't care if we finish 9-7 I think we took some steps back this year or at least have stayed stagnant. Depressing December....again.

I've said in several posts I think Ralph gives DJ another year regardless. However, I think Ralph makes him overhaul the offensive staff and requires a high powered OC to come in who is then likely to be the next coach if DJ falls on his face again. I think the extension was real and no way does Ralph eat the cost of it now. The only way this scenario changes is if DJ resigns at the end of the season.

Ralph gave himself an out when he pointed to the lack of talent after the Miami game.

<_<:wallbash::worthy::thumbsup::wallbash::wallbash: now thats funny win 2 out of three... maybe 1 if we are lucky

Depends what you mean by "pass this off."

Will they use it as a marketing tool? No, they have too much respect for the fans' intelligence. (stop snickering.)

Will they use it as a basis to keep Jauron? More likely.

I've said in several posts I think Ralph gives DJ another year regardless. However, I think Ralph makes him overhaul the offensive staff and requires a high powered OC to come in who is then likely to be the next coach if DJ falls on his face again. I think the extension was real and no way does Ralph eat the cost of it now. The only way this scenario changes is if DJ resigns at the end of the season.

Ralph gave himself an out when he pointed to the lack of talent after the Miami game.

I like your optimism but every "high powered" OC in the league makes more money that Juaron....and what high "profile" OC would want to come to buffalo to let his career die?

Winning 2 of the last 3 would be like eating a rancid steak and saying, "Well, the last 2 bites were okay".

Depends what you mean by "pass this off."

Will they use it as a marketing tool? No, they have too much respect for the fans' intelligence. (stop snickering.)

Will they use it as a basis to keep Jauron? More likely.

while I know that the Bills don't have the talent of Cowboys or other "upper teir" teams.. that is NOT the reason they are missing the playoffs this year. It is their sheer incompetence in offensive playcalling and lack of any kind of philosophy. We have a career backup QB who looks like he really is trying to live his missed playing days through our offense. The Bills operate out of the SHOTGUN formation a good 75% of the time, without the threat of a run. I can site on a game by game basis how the sheer refusal to run the ball has cost us. We come out in the New England and start out with a 1st down run for 7 yards, then immediatly go shotgun the next 2 plays resulting in an incompletion and then sack. I knew from seeing that display that we stood no chance after 1 series. In the Browns game, we are in SHOTGUN WITH NO RUNNING BACK IN THE BACKFIELD on 3rd and 1 from our own 9 after Lynch had just run 2 times in a row for 4 and 5 yard carries then the Bills call a timeout and come back out of the timeout in the EXACT SAME empty backfield shotgun formation and proceed to throw the 3rd interception of the 1st quarter. Now i know some say the QB has to execute, but come on, do you always have to put all the pressure on your essentially ROOKIE QB? It makes me sick to think of the games that could have been different if we let our best offensive player shine this year. How about that San Fran game? That game sums up our offense. Lynch was averaging 8.3 yards per carry yet got only 16 carries. Each time we reached the goaline, Lynch was either out of the game for Freddie Jackson OR it was time to pass, pass, pass! Marshawn Lynch had 280 carries as a ROOKIE playing in only 13 games last year due to injury and having played in all 13 games so far this year, he has 218 carries. That makes sense right, give the ball to him less his second year? How is Lynch supposed to be considered for the Pro Bowl when he is 13th in the league in carries??? It really makes me mad to hear how untalented we are to know that we could have won this division this year while it was wide open. We have no coaching and while Ralph Wilson is either too old and stubborn to admit he hires the cheapest nobodies to coach, its easier for him to pick on the players. SPEND THE MONEY ON A REAL COACH RALPH... you can't take it with you in the end! If we had a coach like Bill Cower or someone that is run 1st oriented, I don't see why we couldn't have won 10 or 11 games or more this year. I know we are in need of defensive ends and maybe a safety or 2 but that isn't the reason this season was lost with over a month to play. Please stop taking the easy way out and blaming these poor guys who are never put in the best position to win. They don't call the plays, they just are sent out to execute them, no matter how ill concieved or non thought out they might be. If Lynch was treated as a workhorse and not an afterthought, I GUARANTEE our record this year would have been quite a bit different.

Playoffs are the only improvement I'm interested in. Otherwise it's all spin, BS and marketing garbage. I want to see tangible results.

Even worse this year. The division was rightfrigginthere! and we wiffed. No, we didn't wiff cause we never even got in the box. :wallbash::wallbash:<_<

Lets say Jenifer Aniston comes over to my house and wants to hang out wearing nothing but a neck tie....forget it. We dont have another win left in us this year.

Even worse this year. The division was rightfrigginthere! and we wiffed. No, we didn't wiff cause we never even got in the box. :wallbash::wallbash:<_<

Actually, I think this year hurt because we were in the box and even got ahead on the count (in first place for the first half of the year). Then, we swung at three horrible pitches while everyone else in the division became effective two strike hitters.

Note to self, never use baseball metaphors when discussing football again.

8 is greater than 7

What else do you need? Sheesh.

Indeed, 8 is greater than 7.

But 8 is not greater than 9, which is our current playoff drought. ;)

Yep. Dick's boys had a chance to go for the jugular - NE was reeling when Brady went down, we had the division in our hands, and we pissed it away.

Actually, I think this year hurt because we were in the box and even got ahead on the count (in first place for the first half of the year). Then, we swung at three horrible pitches while everyone else in the division became effective two strike hitters.

Note to self, never use baseball metaphors when discussing football again.

OK, I'll give you half of your metaphor--though I thought it was an analogy. But we didn't swing at three bad pitches, we watched 3 fat ones go by us right down the middle of the fuggin plate. I'm talkin Tim Wakefield fastballs.

I'd consider it an improvement. It is 8-8 IS better than 7-9.

As many around here like to quote John Madden when he said "you are what your record sez you are" Therefore, if they go 8-8 they are better than last year. Actually I think the defense this year is way better than last year. Offense is about the same. Kicking teams are at their usual high level.

I'd consider it an improvement. It is 8-8 IS better than 7-9.

As many around here like to quote John Madden when he said "you are what your record sez you are" Therefore, if they go 8-8 they are better than last year. Actually I think the defense this year is way better than last year. Offense is about the same. Kicking teams are at their usual high level.

Fine, they're "better" than last year. 7-9 or 8-8 means the same thing -- no playoffs. That's all that matters.

while I know that the Bills don't have the talent of Cowboys or other "upper teir" teams.. that is NOT the reason they are missing the playoffs this year. It is their sheer incompetence in offensive playcalling and lack of any kind of philosophy. We have a career backup QB who looks like he really is trying to live his missed playing days through our offense. The Bills operate out of the SHOTGUN formation a good 75% of the time, without the threat of a run. I can site on a game by game basis how the sheer refusal to run the ball has cost us. We come out in the New England and start out with a 1st down run for 7 yards, then immediatly go shotgun the next 2 plays resulting in an incompletion and then sack. I knew from seeing that display that we stood no chance after 1 series. In the Browns game, we are in SHOTGUN WITH NO RUNNING BACK IN THE BACKFIELD on 3rd and 1 from our own 9 after Lynch had just run 2 times in a row for 4 and 5 yard carries then the Bills call a timeout and come back out of the timeout in the EXACT SAME empty backfield shotgun formation and proceed to throw the 3rd interception of the 1st quarter. Now i know some say the QB has to execute, but come on, do you always have to put all the pressure on your essentially ROOKIE QB? It makes me sick to think of the games that could have been different if we let our best offensive player shine this year. How about that San Fran game? That game sums up our offense. Lynch was averaging 8.3 yards per carry yet got only 16 carries. Each time we reached the goaline, Lynch was either out of the game for Freddie Jackson OR it was time to pass, pass, pass! Marshawn Lynch had 280 carries as a ROOKIE playing in only 13 games last year due to injury and having played in all 13 games so far this year, he has 218 carries. That makes sense right, give the ball to him less his second year? How is Lynch supposed to be considered for the Pro Bowl when he is 13th in the league in carries??? It really makes me mad to hear how untalented we are to know that we could have won this division this year while it was wide open. We have no coaching and while Ralph Wilson is either too old and stubborn to admit he hires the cheapest nobodies to coach, its easier for him to pick on the players. SPEND THE MONEY ON A REAL COACH RALPH... you can't take it with you in the end! If we had a coach like Bill Cower or someone that is run 1st oriented, I don't see why we couldn't have won 10 or 11 games or more this year. I know we are in need of defensive ends and maybe a safety or 2 but that isn't the reason this season was lost with over a month to play. Please stop taking the easy way out and blaming these poor guys who are never put in the best position to win. They don't call the plays, they just are sent out to execute them, no matter how ill concieved or non thought out they might be. If Lynch was treated as a workhorse and not an afterthought, I GUARANTEE our record this year would have been quite a bit different.

You obviously put a lot of time and effort into this post. However I only read a few lines. A big block paragraph like this is too hard to read. I'll read the whole thing next time if you break it up into short paragraphs, you know, like the newspaper does. That's why they do that.