Let's say we win 2 of the last three...

The last thing we need is for the front office to have any advantage here......if they finish 7-9 or better I think it gives them several pitches for next season sales.....if they go 6-10 good luck with selling the product to the fans....

If you want things to change with the front office and coaching staff you all better be cheering for a 6-10 season, cause anything better then that I think they all stay.

Depends what you mean by "pass this off."

Will they use it as a marketing tool? No, they have too much respect for the fans' intelligence. (stop snickering.)

Will they use it as a basis to keep Jauron? More likely.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Whether they respect the fans' intelligence or not remains to be seen, but I do believe 8-8 would be the justification for keeping DJ. I believe he stays regardless, but the one game improvement would be the "evidence" Ralph needs that this is an improved team, especially since he has already blamed our troubles on poor player talent.

The only hope that I believe any of us really have is that if he wants to see a winning product on the field, he needs to make changes sooner rather later since he is not the healthiest of people.

You obviously put a lot of time and effort into this post. However I only read a few lines. A big block paragraph like this is too hard to read. I'll read the whole thing next time if you break it up into short paragraphs, you know, like the newspaper does. That's why they do that.

Fast Food folks!

It was actually a very insightful post.

Agreed. But the question was would it be an improvement. The answer to that remains yes.

Actually the question was whether the FO would try to pass the year off as a success and if you'll buy it.

But again, defining an 8-8 year with no playoffs as more "successful" than 7-9 is really just 6 of one, half-dozen of the other. The playoffs are the only thing that matters. Everything else is just jockeying for draft pick positions.

Let's say those "2 of 3" wins you're talking about come over the Jets and the Broncos. Is the 8-8 team this year then an "improvement" over the 9-7 team last year? Hell no! We would have a 1-5 record against the AFC East. I don't care who "else" you beat, to improve you have to get the AFC East record improved, otherwise we are falling back instead of making progress where it counts.

Outside of our dismal play in the East, this season would still be more disappointing. Last year had a poor start but increasing wins as the season progressed which at least made it somewhat encouraging. With this years amazing start and massive mid season swoon, even a couple late wins will not be enough to make it seem better than last year. Expectations got much higher early in the year, and were more painfully thrashed!

im so sick of having one more season down the drain and not showing progress on a clear path towards continued improvement.

its the SAME questions EVERY offseason.

a- who is the QB of the future?

b- will we be happy to go 8-8 next year?

c- who is our coach next season?

d- will next year finally be the year we beat new england?

e- who are we drafting at #10

14- will the bills be here next year

62- what terrible personnel moves can we make in the offseason?

2340- what good UR free agents are we going to let walk?

0923356- what mediocre player will we bring in and hail as the missing piece of the puzzle?

10297403957035- how many guys will be on IR next year? whats wrong with their conditiong?

EVERY single off season its the SAME story. i am sick of it. this organization needs change and it needs direction.

Let's say those "2 of 3" wins you're talking about come over the Jets and the Broncos. Is the 8-8 team this year then an "improvement" over the 9-7 team last year? Hell no! We would have a 1-5 record against the AFC East. I don't care who "else" you beat, to improve you have to get the AFC East record improved, otherwise we are falling back instead of making progress where it counts.

Outside of our dismal play in the East, this season would still be more disappointing. Last year had a poor start but increasing wins as the season progressed which at least made it somewhat encouraging. With this years amazing start and massive mid season swoon, even a couple late wins will not be enough to make it seem better than last year. Expectations got much higher early in the year, and were more painfully thrashed!

The last time the Bills went 9-7 was 2004 with Drew Bledsoe at the helm. The good ole days.

In every year since 2004 with the exception of 2005 the Bills have started every year slow and had a good run through October/November sometimes into December. I thought coming into the year if we could win a few early we'd be set. We did and then pulled a nose dive of epic proportions. Hard to figure out. I'm stumped. It's not like we've been playing great teams. I think Miami and the Jets and SF and Cleveland are no better than us. And it would be an improvement over 7-9 IMHO.

Still if we won 2 out of the next 3 at least it would still give me some hope that there is hope for next year.

My prediction is that Dick will stay but Turk will not. Perry should stay. He's done a bang up job this year.

Just wait til next year.

Go BILLS !!

I think a good portion of the Bills fans are so upset at how the bills lost the last few games I honestly doubt even sweeping the next three would make anyone happy again, I know I wouldn't be.

The fans were forced to watch helplessly as the morons coaching this team failed to utilize its best players in Lynch and Jackson...Meanwhile the coaches try and force the back up QB to throw all game long.

Jeez, talk about putting the QB under pressure with no help whatsoever from the running game because the incompetent OC fails to call running plays that work. I know If I were Trent Edwards my groin would stay Injured until the season ends :wallbash:

What if we win 2 of the last 3 and go 8-8? Do you think the FO will try to pass this off as a successful season? Will you buy it? Remember now that 8-8 is an improvement record wise...

I don't care if we finish 9-7 I think we took some steps back this year or at least have stayed stagnant. Depressing December....again.

I think the FO will certainly spin it whatever way they can to sell tickets although I hope they fail to sell out a single game next season and Ralph opts to sell the team.

It is the only way any of us are ever going to see the playoffs in Buffalo.

Actually, I think this year hurt because we were in the box and even got ahead on the count (in first place for the first half of the year). Then, we swung at three horrible pitches while everyone else in the division became effective two strike hitters.

Note to self, never use baseball metaphors when discussing football again.

The dolphins and pats could only get better next year

What if we win 2 of the last 3 and go 8-8? Do you think the FO will try to pass this off as a successful season? Will you buy it? Remember now that 8-8 is an improvement record wise...

I don't care if we finish 9-7 I think we took some steps back this year or at least have stayed stagnant. Depressing December....again.

Probably a moot point now. It looks like another 7-9 season.

no chance the Bills get to 7 wins.

<_<

Don't know why I said 7-9. Guess I thought we were already at 7 wins.

So to flip this around on the thread starter - if the Bills finish at 6-10 with an easier schedule and fewer key injuries than last year, what then? Do we call this year an abject failure?

<_<

Don't know why I said 7-9. Guess I thought we were already at 7 wins.

So to flip this around on the thread starter - if the Bills finish at 6-10 with an easier schedule and fewer key injuries than last year, what then? Do we call this year an abject failure?

What else could you call it? I am extremely curious how the Bills are going to try to entice people to games next year. After an off-season to start missing the game again, I may change my mind on this, but right now I have no intention of watching another game coached by Dick Jauron.

What else could you call it? I am extremely curious how the Bills are going to try to entice people to games next year. After an off-season to start missing the game again, I may change my mind on this, but right now I have no intention of watching another game coached by Dick Jauron.

Sorry, it was more of a rhetorical question, but I agree. I have no idea how they will market the Bills for next year if DJ is still standing like a statue on the Bills' sideline next year.