Face the Facts

Beerstm

The Bills are a mess. The glory days of the Bills ended when Butler bolted for the Chargers. Hindsight is 20/20. I honestly believe Ralph got lucky hiring Polian, Butler and Marv. They developed into football knowledgeable people and gave the Bills their greatest success.

They are gone. Once again the Bills are bottom feeders of the NFL. We’ve gone through GM’s, coaches and many, many players. Nothing has changed. Only two things have remained consistent in Buffalo: First, Great fans who bleed Buffalo red, white and blue and Second, a me first, bottom dollar owner who has never even lived in Western New York.

Face the facts. It has become clear that Wilson will never again go after a big name GM. Probably due to the fact he was so burnt by Tommy D. It is also very clear that Wilson will not hire a proven, winning coach (History has proven that evident)..

Therefore, it is reasonable to believe that the Bills will never be a serious contender in the NFL until Wilson is gone and out of the picture.

We can debate coaches, GM’s and who to draft next year. But the result will be the same. Sad, but true.

What bothers me the most is that by the time Wilson is gone the Bills most likely will be finished as well.

Thanks for the memories Buffalo. They were great while they lasted.

The Bills are a mess. The glory days of the Bills ended when Butler bolted for the Chargers. Hindsight is 20/20. I honestly believe Ralph got lucky hiring Polian, Butler and Marv. They developed into football knowledgeable people and gave the Bills their greatest success.

They are gone. Once again the Bills are bottom feeders of the NFL. We’ve gone through GM’s, coaches and many, many players. Nothing has changed. Only two things have remained consistent in Buffalo: First, Great fans who bleed Buffalo red, white and blue and Second, a me first, bottom dollar owner who has never even lived in Western New York.

Face the facts. It has become clear that Wilson will never again go after a big name GM. Probably due to the fact he was so burnt by Tommy D. It is also very clear that Wilson will not hire a proven, winning coach (History has proven that evident)..

Therefore, it is reasonable to believe that the Bills will never be a serious contender in the NFL until Wilson is gone and out of the picture.

We can debate coaches, GM’s and who to draft next year. But the result will be the same. Sad, but true.

What bothers me the most is that by the time Wilson is gone the Bills most likely will be finished as well.

I don't like Ralph Wilson's management either . . . but this post reminds me of what people in Phoenix used to say about Bill Bidwell.

The Cardinals never had a good quarterback, after Jim Hart until they got Jake Plummer and then Kurt Warner. They went to the playoffs with both those QBs.

I don't like Ralph Wilson's management either . . . but this post reminds me of what people in Phoenix used to say about Bill Bidwell.

The Cardinals never had a good quarterback, after Jim Hart until they got Jake Plummer and then Kurt Warner. They went to the playoffs with both those QBs.

Interesting thought - where would Levy and Pollian have been if they did not have Jimbo at the QB helm? We,ve all seen where Bellicheat is this year without his boy. It is very hard to win in the NFL without a good to very good QB.

Interesting thought - where would Levy and Pollian have been if they did not have Jimbo at the QB helm? We,ve all seen where Bellicheat is this year without his boy. It is very hard to win in the NFL without a good to very good QB.

Polian went to Indy with Jim Harbaugh as the QB.

If Polian didn't have Jimbo here in Buffalo, he would have found someone else.

too much credit is given to John Butler as a GM. Don't forget he's the one that left the Bills in a cap crisis before he bolted to San Diego. The Bills have never been able to turn it around since.

Don't forget the Cap mess JB left in SD. Butler was very good at finding players. He just liked to pay them way to much. I think the contracts given to Parrish, Kelsey, & Denney show that Marv used the same philosophy.

too much credit is given to John Butler as a GM. Don't forget he's the one that left the Bills in a cap crisis before he bolted to San Diego. The Bills have never been able to turn it around since.

I hope you are not implying that pile of garbage we watch every weekend is still Butler's fault?

Now THIS GUY understands

Couldn't have said it better myself. Do you think it'll be possible someone will be able to come in and buy the team and keep it in Western NY?

I learned how to drink an over abundance of Canadian Beer.

I learned to eat off the front of the Pinto without thinking about the dirt.

I learned how to take a bowling bowl shot without barfing.

I learned that the people of Buffalo are the greatest, most down to earth people in the country.

I learned the meaning of HOPE (over and over again)

:wallbash:

Hi Diane!

I learned that Australian Texans are not all marsupials. :wallbash:

You learned what a Garbage Plate was, too!

I learned that the people of Buffalo are the greatest, most down to earth people in the country.

Awesome. There have been posts over the years about what it means to be a Bills fan. Well, this says it as well as any that I've ever seen. Excellent perspective.

Nice thoughts

Anyone ever ask themselves why Bill Polian didn't take Marv with him when he left?

No, because Polian spent a year as the NFL's VP of Football Development before going to Carolina in 2004.

You are talking like it is all over with. It is not over yet. This season's playoff chances are over, but maybe next year will be a really good year for the Buffalo Bills and our beloved fans.

Nice post!

I hope you are not implying that pile of garbage we watch every weekend is still Butler's fault?

No, he did leave a mess in Buffalo but that has long since past. But he also left a mess in San Diego after his time there.

By the way San Diego is 5-8, Buffalo 6-7.