Marshawn speaks to the media

Dan III

Lynch speaks, points at himself

By Chris Brown - Posted December 10th, 2008

Marshawn Lynch spoke to the media for the first time in three months and pointed at himself when it came to the failures of the run game this season. Here’s one of his more poignant comments.

“I know you’ve all been looking and wondering what’s up with the run game and I’m here to tell you today I’m going to put it on me,” said Lynch. ”I’m the feature back here and I don’t feel as the feature back I’ve played like it.”

“I don’t want to take anything away from my offensive line because as hard as we come in and we work and the extra meetings that we go through, the extra time we’ve been putting in to get it going, so I’m going to put that on me. There have been some key things that I’ve seen on film where I feel I could have made a better play or I could have had a little more patience and it would have been a better run.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

Marshawn Lynch spoke to the media for the first time in three months and pointed at himself when it came to the failures of the run game this season. Here’s one of his more poignant comments.

“I know you’ve all been looking and wondering what’s up with the run game and I’m here to tell you today I’m going to put it on me,” said Lynch. ”I’m the feature back here and I don’t feel as the feature back I’ve played like it.”

“I don’t want to take anything away from my offensive line because as hard as we come in and we work and the extra meetings that we go through, the extra time we’ve been putting in to get it going, so I’m going to put that on me. There have been some key things that I’ve seen on film where I feel I could have made a better play or I could have had a little more patience and it would have been a better run.”

I love this kid! Maybe Marshawn should be HC of this team :censored:

OK, dude's awesome for another week in my book.

I like the attitude of Lynch. I do think he needs to get the ball more to get into a groove on the ground. But I like the attitude.

Man I just have a real bad feeling Lynch will end up like McGahee. Maybe not character wise, but wanting to get out of Buffalo I think Lynch will get that mentality and eventually leave this team when he gets his first shot.....

The O-line responded to try to not get pancaked as much by the defense, therefore there will be less of a pile to run into for the running backs - maybe even a little hole to get a few yards.

Turk will also get rid of the blocking plays that cause the o-line to get pushed back 5 yards on 3rd and 1 .

Did TE promise to look down field at least once before dumping off the checkdown?

IMO lynch doesn't need to take as much blame as he did. Marshawn is 16th in the league in run attempts per game. For a team that has mediocre QB play at best, that is ridiculous. Marshawn should be up near the top of the league in this category with this offense. Not saying he has been amazing this season when he's gotten the ball, but last year when we all fell in love with Lynch he was top 10 in the league in carries.

The people that have jumped on the bust mode bandwagon baffle me. I don't how you don't see the coincidence between the amount of times Lynch carries and his performance.

I'm glad he's finally talking to the media. I respect the fact that he's manning up and putting it on himself. That's a leader. But the truth is it's not on him, it's on the inconsistent line, lack of a consistent pass attack and a lack of carries. Sure, he may share some of the blame, but he's run so hard and has looked good this year.

Something tells me he sat down with Jauron and Co and told him to feature him more and he would take more responsibility. It's part of the reason you aren't seeing Fred Jackson play. Fred always gets carries, so why was he absent?

My guess again is Lynch or his agent laid down some laws for the team or he would protest. I might be wrong, but something seems awfully weird that Jackson didn't play while he was healthy.

I'm glad he's finally talking to the media. I respect the fact that he's manning up and putting it on himself. That's a leader. But the truth is it's not on him, it's on the inconsistent line, lack of a consistent pass attack and a lack of carries. Sure, he may share some of the blame, but he's run so hard and has looked good this year.

if he actually ran to the designed hole, he might be really good

You know I'm practically deaf in one ear, but, I had no trouble understanding what the man said. All this crap talk about his manner of speech is total BeffinS. Give it a break people. You're dissing (I'm 50, is that proper usage of the word?) him is not making you appear smarter.

You know I'm practically deaf in one ear, but, I had no trouble understanding what the man said. All this crap talk about his manner of speech is total BeffinS. Give it a break people. You're dissing (I'm 50, is that proper usage of the word?) him is not making you appear smarter.

I'm not saying he's dumb or can't talk properly. What turned me off was my own perception of his attitude. Like he was going to say something and you better listen or I won't talk to you again. I might be wrong but that was my initial impression when the piece began.......