Cowher going to the Jets ?

Just caught the end of NFL Live and they were talking about him maybe going there. Anyone else see the whole story?

Maybe the Jets front office has figured out that their improved record this year is more a result of improved player talent and they realize that longer term they need to upgrade the coach if they intend to compete for a championship.

Didn't hear the report, but I will take it at face value. If the Jets hold on, and make the playoffs, why would they fire Mangini? Wonder if Favre is a factor in this thinking. The Jets must be desperate to keep him another year...are Favre and Mangini seeing eye to eye? Favre has not committed to coming back to New York next year...would Cowher tilt him toward deciding to return? Strange. I always thought Favre was the perfect fit for the Jets, but I never saw Cowher as a candidate there...

right about now i will settle for almost any thing, but that is just my desperation, i like jauron nice guy but he is in over his head, what we need is somebody with a proven track record, no more picking the next best we hope so (or at least until next time)

Just caught the end of NFL Live and they were talking about him maybe going there. Anyone else see the whole story?

So that would put Parcells as team president with impressive looking Sporano as his coach in Miami, Belicheck still coach in New England, and Cowher coaching in New York for the Jets. If my math is correct, that would be a combined 6 SB Championships worth of front office and head coaching experience facing the Bills twice a season starting next year. Ralph Wilson won't have anything to laugh about if that rumor becomes reality.

So that would put Parcells as team president with impressive looking Sporano as his coach in Miami, Belicheck still coach in New England, and Cowher coaching in New York for the Jets. If my math is correct, that would be a combined 6 SB Championships worth of front office and head coaching experience facing the Bills twice a season starting next year. Ralph Wilson won't have anything to laugh about if that rumor becomes reality.

Belicheat has 5, Parcells has 2, Sporano I am not sure about.

put down the crack pipe would you that is worse than what we have now :lol:

Are You freaking joking? Say what You will about these Guys since they left The Patsies, but I don't think there is any question they are light Years ahead of Dead Dick and his Band of Zombies... :lol:

I heard the whole thing. Clayton said IF the Fins win the AFC East w/Pennington at QB the Jets MAY look to replace Mangini,and that Cowher would be a good fit. Sounded like complete speculation on Claytons part to me.

It was 100% speculation and more of the shoddy Reporting I've come to expect from Clayton...

He could have just as easily said Dead Dick was on the hotseat and maybe this will be the time Ralph steps up and pays the big cash for a proven HC like Cowher...It would have been equal speculation to what He said...The only difference being that everyone assumes The Jets would be front runners for Cowher because of the cash it would take to get him...

Clayton did say that Cowher will not be interested in The Browns Job because He does not want to Coach against the Steelers twice a Year... :lol: