Jerry Sullivan:

BillsVet

Believe me, when Preston snapped the ball into thin air, I laughed. And when the Bills lined up in first-and-goal, I told the guy next to me, "Well, I guess we'll see whether or not Losman has learned how to throw the fade."

One interception later, we just looked at each other, and he said with a sarcastic half-smirk, "Guess not."

Whoever mentioned laughter as a defense mechanism had it right ...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me, when Preston snapped the ball into thin air, I laughed. And when the Bills lined up in first-and-goal, I told the guy next to me, "Well, I guess we'll see whether or not Losman has learned how to throw the fade."

One interception later, we just looked at each other, and he said with a sarcastic half-smirk, "Guess not."

Whoever mentioned laughter as a defense mechanism had it right ...

I disagree.

I have had bosses and I have seen them pissed after a business catastrophe, I have never seen a boss laugh after one. He should be the one who is NOT laughing. He needs to take a stand and say it's not acceptable to scoff at HIS TEAM. For you and I and any other fans that laugh, so what? We aren't putting that product out there. If he wants to laugh when he gets home, fine. But a businessman who laughs after being made to look like a fool portrays an image of indifference. Nothing pisses of the masses like a wealthy indifferent man who laughs in their anger. Ralph Wilson laughing may or may not be significant but that he has the balls to do it after disgracing his team and fans is unacceptable. My brother laughs when he's nervous or uncomfortable, if he laughed at funeral though I'd smack him in the head.

Sadly though the fans will return. Look at this message board for example, if anyone hints at not spending any more money on this team they are cast off like a 1940's communist. It's hilarious actually, I'm not stupid enough to keep giving money to a bucket of shitt, I stopped 3 seasons ago and haven't regretted it since. Bunch of woodchucks here that's the truth.

Ralph laughs at us all the way to the fukking bank.

Word. :lol:

I disagree.

I have had bosses and I have seen them pissed after a business catastrophe, I have never seen a boss laugh after one. He should be the one who is NOT laughing. He needs to take a stand and say it's not acceptable to scoff at HIS TEAM. For you and I and any other fans that laugh, so what? We aren't putting that product out there. If he wants to laugh when he gets home, fine. But a businessman who laughs after being made to look like a fool portrays an image of indifference. Nothing pisses of the masses like a wealthy indifferent man who laughs in their anger. Ralph Wilson laughing may or may not be significant but that he has the balls to do it after disgracing his team and fans is unacceptable. My brother laughs when he's nervous or uncomfortable, if he laughed at funeral though I'd smack him in the head.

So at a party, family gathering or wedding, if youre in a lousy mood, you just fought with your wife, or you sat in traffic or whatever, you go inside and act like a gisgrunteled tool to the other guests?

Maybe Ralph was laughing out of courtesy and to save face? What do we want him to do? Be with his Company and guests and whatever dignitaries, businessmen and people he had around him and start throwing things and yelling like a petulant three year old? Maybe sit there with a scowl on his face the whole time?

He SHOULD be pissed, but I cant be mad at him for showing courtesy and taking this like a man.

So at a party, family gathering or wedding, if youre in a lousy mood, you just fought with your wife, or you sat in traffic or whatever, you go inside and act like a gisgrunteled tool to the other guests? [size="3"]Not even in the same ballpark[/size]

Maybe Ralph was laughing out of courtesy and to save face? What do we want him to do? Be with his Company and guests and whatever dignitaries, businessmen and people he had around him and start throwing things and yelling like a petulant three year old? Maybe sit there with a scowl on his face the whole time? If I just made my team play a "HOME" game while the "HOME FANS" cheered for the other team which BTW is one of our most hated rivals, I would not be cordial. In fact I would be so livid and feel so disgraced that I would charted my jet home and start figuring out a way to make a change

He SHOULD be pissed, but I cant be mad at him for showing courtesy and taking this like a man. He did not take it like a man, he took it like he doesn't care. That should upset you as a fan who spends his hard earned money on this team.

Well...

I agree Bills Fans will return if given some hope...But if this Team returns "as is" so-to-speak...with Jauron as HC...The Bills are going to have a MAJOR problem on their hands selling tickets...And Ralph knows this...So does everyone at OBD...The product right now is not going to excite anybody...Especially the way they are finishing this Season...The promise built from the 5-1 start has been thoroughly squashed...I don't know about the faction of Fans who always believe the hype, but I'm guessing most Ticket buying Folks are not going to be fooled by the "Young Team" garbage any longer...The educated Fan is going to look at Teams like Atlanta, Miami, and Baltimore and know beyond a shadow of a doubt Younger Teams can WIN with good Coaching...And I'm pretty sure those same educated Fans know Dead Dick and his Band of Zombies are not good Coaches...

So anyway...I would not be so quick to assume the Fans will return any longer UNLESS The Bills start winning again...And I doubt The Bills will start winning again without a new HC... :lol:

Ralph is employing the strategy seen in the movie "Major League"

Speculating laughter?

You guys aren't even joking...someone said they wanted him dead...

I think the Buffalo Bills and their losing ways have seriously gotten the best of some of you. I joined this board before the year began even though I had lurked it for a while because I thought this year was going to be the year. Hell, that's why 90% of you are so mad. If the expectations were as low as they had been in years past, I think we'd be only marginally upset. Right now, this is sick. This anger has taken a new toll. I'm not a sucker because I'm a fan of the Bills. They lost. I can live with that. You think Cubs fans cry themselves to sleep because their owner laughed after a loss? Call me what you want, but I will be at all 7 home games next year. For the rest of this season, I'll probably just DVR the games. That is the extent of my anger, but do not think for one second that I am so pathetic that I will abandon ship on one of my most passionate past times. It's not happening. And those of you encouraging, hypocritically nagging and pleading others to do so...please, realize that you are being a sore loser. Really, I know: 10 years of losing spoiled by roughly 5-7 years of greatness preceding it. We get it. It sucks. Now is where we separate the men from the boys. Leave if you must, but please don't pretend you were there all along when this ship gets turned around.

Hazed...take that attitude in YOUR life when facing adversity.

Id like to see how far it gets you.

Trust me Ralph isn't facing adversity, so again, it's not the same thing. I'm always one to laugh when times are rough, like I said I've always been one of the positive ones. At some point though, and I think yesterday was that point for Ralph, you have to SHOW that you give a damn. He is in charge of a billion dollar product and he got a little richer yesterday while his product and the fans of that product looked foolish. To hear that he was laughing while or after this happened is an insult to those who love their team.

Trust me Ralph isn't facing adversity, so again, it's not the same thing. I'm always one to laugh when times are rough, like I said I've always been one of the positive ones. At some point though, and I think yesterday was that point for Ralph, you have to SHOW that you give a damn. He is in charge of a billion dollar product and he got a little richer yesterday while his product and the fans of that product looked foolish. To hear that he was laughing while or after this happened is an insult to those who love their team.

heh heh

Ralph is a PR (hello Scott Berchtold) mans' worst nightmare.

This reminds me of the reaction we all had about the press conference announcing the Toronto deal months ago. RW drew the ire of fans when he made comments about the struggling city which has propped up his team for years. He was more than flippant, he was gleeful when talking about going to Toronto, most likely because he was banking 10M per game.

Either RW doesn't realize or doesn't care that his team is one of the worst in the NFL. He's forgotten that these past few years will be a part of his legacy, which isn't great these past 40 years anyway.

I sick of people citing RW's work back in the 60s. Since that time, when he saved the AFL, he's done so very little. Without his affiliation with Polian, how much has this franchise done? The franchise record since 1970 (the merger) is 282-319-1.

I cannot even fathom the owner of a NFL team laughing after their team loses in their showcase moment.

If there is any doubt where the problems start, it's with the owner. He no longer seriously is interested in making this team a winner.

OTOH, Russ Brandon knows that he's been dealt a horrible hand, and must market this joke of a franchise next year. He's predictably upset, but I'm not sure he has the contacts or resources to do anything about it.

But to think RW is joking around and assuming fans will return next year, well, his senility is getting in the way.

Laughing as in having a good time, or laughing at how f**kin' awful this team has become? Laughing at how now matter what Ralph does, he can't get it right? Laughing like the Joker in Batman? Be clear, man.

PTR

I'm laughing at your post.

PTR

Laughing as in having a good time, or laughing at how f**kin' awful this team has become? Laughing at how now matter what Ralph does, he can't get it right? Laughing like the Joker in Batman? Be clear, man.

PTR

Listen to Jerry Sullivan's segment from this morning's Howard Simon show at the 10:15 mark:

Sullivan: "I asked him if he was embarrassed."

Ralph "I'm used to it."

Of course this is paraphrased, but I doubt Sullivan is telling a boldface lie. I trust Sullivan knew if the guy, whether he's 90 or 50, was laughing as a joke or about him going to the bank with his 78M.