It's official: UB (8-5) vs UCONN (7-5)

PromoTheRobot

MAC is 0-2 vs the Big East in this bowl. I think the string gets broken this year.

PTR

I watched the UConn - Pitt game the other day and the Huskies looked terrible. I don't expect them to play that badly against us, but I agree with a previous post that this will be a good game that I think UB should win.

no i understand that , but the prevelant rumors are turner gill and skip holtz, i thought that was where the inkster was going, thinking holtz was still at uconn, thereby making his statement a bit more correct

Randy Edsall, UCONN coach and SU alum, is a rumored candidate.

PTR

no i understand that , but the prevelant rumors are turner gill and skip holtz, i thought that was where the inkster was going, thinking holtz was still at uconn, thereby making his statement a bit more correct

A Syracuse TV station said the Holtz would be announced today as the new SU HC. Has anyone heard it yet?

PTR

A Syracuse TV station said the Holtz would be announced today as the new SU HC. Has anyone heard it yet?

PTR

Just this article where SH denies it.

Link

Holtz said Sunday he has had no formal meetings with Syracuse and called an NFL Network report that he was to be introduced as the new coach Monday "inaccurate." Holtz, however, didn't rule out replacing the fired Greg Robinson.

"I would like to have the opportunity to talk to (Syracuse AD) Daryl Gross," Holtz said. "But at this point, no, I'm not going through an interview process. I've made that very clear."

Nice job with the updates all year Promo.

I wish I could get truly excited for the team, but I'm just really jumping on the bandwagon and wishing them the best. It was fun talking to all my college buddies as the game progressed the other night...going there in the early/mid 90's...we were all in shock watching them win like that. We talked each other into going to Toronto for bowl weekend and I reserved a room with a field view in the hotel inside the stadium. I've always wanted to go to a game in my underwear.

Now if we can get the BB team to get to the tourney.....it's go time.

I wish I could get truly excited for the team, but I'm just really jumping on the bandwagon and wishing them the best. It was fun talking to all my college buddies as the game progressed the other night...going there in the early/mid 90's...we were all in shock watching them win like that. We talked each other into going to Toronto for bowl weekend and I reserved a room with a field view in the hotel inside the stadium. I've always wanted to go to a game in my underwear.

Now that we know you have a room, party at your place.

PTR

Randy Edsall, UCONN coach and SU alum, is a rumored candidate.

PTR

They could do worse.

I think Edsall has done all he can do for my alma mater. Really had a Bills-like season --- started 5-0, finished 2-5. Has to be given credit for his defenses (that's been his career focus), but not much going on offense outside of Donald Brown.

Hope it's a good game for anyone going.

Now that we know you have a room, party at your place.

PTR

They are a decent price. $330 Canadian and you can have 5 people in the room to watch the game. Regular rooms are going for $150 Ca....and the big 2 level suite that sleeps 5 and 10 can watch is $550. We have 4 guys staying 2 nights so game and hotel breaks down to $150 each. It might not be the same party environment as being in the stands...but that is what Friday night is for!

I reserved one for the Bills game but cancelled after the game became meaningless.....and that the NFL said they were going to search the room with dogs.

You can book through Marriott.com if anyone else is up for it.

You don't wear underwear when you go to games? :rolleyes:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.