Caroline Kennedy....?

It was bad enough that Hill'ry the carpet-bagger used and misused NYS as she clawed her way to the near-top. Now, Caroline Kennedy is being mentioned as her replacement. Just what the %*&@ are her qualifications? Can she display task maturity and a skill set related to political effectiveness? She is such a slickster that she stopped using her married name (Schlosberg) so as to emphasize the "Kennedy-esque" nature of her being. Just awful!

Jesus Christ, don't wish another loser on us!

Please tell us the minimum requirements to become a US Senator.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caroline ,just another Kennedy whore. I doubt if she has ever been to Buffalo , Rochester or Syracuse ,not that that is a requirement . Obama will pressure Patterson to appoint her. All these aholes and I mean all politicians have every one beleiving they are wokring for you but the only ones they are working for are themselves. And now we have Obama the lying communist fraud , if you think its bad now , just wait.

Caroline ,just another Kennedy whore. I doubt if she has ever been to Buffalo , Rochester or Syracuse ,not that that is a requirement . Obama will pressure Patterson to appoint her. All these aholes and I mean all politicians have every one beleiving they are wokring for you but the only ones they are working for are themselves. And now we have Obama the lying communist fraud , if you think its bad now , just wait.

:P:wacko::beer: :beer:

My list of minimum quals for a decision-making officer at the state/national level include some experience at decision-making on lower levels of gov't to insure a modicum of understanding the breadth of the issues, procedures, individuals involved in decisions that impact local life; the development of networks of information, residents, local decision makers and others who will provide input to the Senator and be impacted by the Senator's decisions. Have in place feedback networks for quick exchange of correct information. Have a track record of honesty, consistent adherance to a value system (mine or others--consistency is the key) and willingness to spend whatever time it takes to get results. Also, a willingness to buck political parties, fellow Senators, whomever, when her values warrant.

In other words, there is no living politician that qualifies!

My list of minimum quals for a decision-making officer at the state/national level include some experience at decision-making on lower levels of gov't to insure a modicum of understanding the breadth of the issues, procedures, individuals involved in decisions that impact local life; the development of networks of information, residents, local decision makers and others who will provide input to the Senator and be impacted by the Senator's decisions. Have in place feedback networks for quick exchange of correct information. Have a track record of honesty, consistent adherance to a value system (mine or others--consistency is the key) and willingness to spend whatever time it takes to get results. Also, a willingness to buck political parties, fellow Senators, whomever, when her values warrant.

That's fine but what about the qualifications to be a legislator?

I'm hoping that Brian Higgins gets the nod. Ms. Schlossberg said she wanted to be Ambassador to New York City not New York State couple of weeks ago. Brian is a smart guy. First Hilary who won't be finishing the job/promises that she never started, and now Ms. Sclossberg, she is still married right?, who I am sure knows nothing about anything outside of ny city.....

God save us!

In other words, this thread is another complete waste of time.

It was bad enough that Hill'ry the carpet-bagger used and misused NYS as she clawed her way to the near-top. Now, Caroline Kennedy is being mentioned as her replacement. Just what the %*&@ are her qualifications? Can she display task maturity and a skill set related to political effectiveness? She is such a slickster that she stopped using her married name (Schlosberg) so as to emphasize the "Kennedy-esque" nature of her being. Just awful!

Jesus Christ, don't wish another loser on us!

:)

The Bush's are a much better political dynasty?

One example? Kennedys?

Linkage

Partial list:

S. 3180 A bill to temporarily extend the programs under the Higher Education Act of 1965. 06/30/08

S. 3177 A bill to develop a policy to address the critical needs of Iraqi refugees. 06/23/08

S. 3158 A bill to extend the authority for the Cape Cod National Seashore Advisory Commission. 06/19/08

S. 2829 A bill to make technical corrections to section 1244 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008, which provides special immigrant status for certain Iraqis, and for other purposes. 06/03/08

S. 3035 A bill to temporarily extend the programs under the Higher Education Act of 1965. 05/30/08

S. 2929 A bill to temporarily extend the programs under the Higher Education Act of 1965. 05/13/08

S. 2939 A bill to expand and improve mental health care and reintegration programs for members of the National Guard and Reserve, and for other purposes. 04/30/0

If Ted Kennedy drove a Volkswagon, he'd be President today.

Best National Lampoon parody ad ever. Got sued by Volkswagon and Ted Kennedy.

:huh:

I never heard that before. That's awesome.

The Bush's are a much better political dynasty?

Linkage

Partial list:

S. 3180 A bill to temporarily extend the programs under the Higher Education Act of 1965. 06/30/08

S. 3177 A bill to develop a policy to address the critical needs of Iraqi refugees. 06/23/08

S. 3158 A bill to extend the authority for the Cape Cod National Seashore Advisory Commission. 06/19/08

S. 2829 A bill to make technical corrections to section 1244 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008, which provides special immigrant status for certain Iraqis, and for other purposes. 06/03/08

S. 3035 A bill to temporarily extend the programs under the Higher Education Act of 1965. 05/30/08

S. 2929 A bill to temporarily extend the programs under the Higher Education Act of 1965. 05/13/08

S. 2939 A bill to expand and improve mental health care and reintegration programs for members of the National Guard and Reserve, and for other purposes. 04/30/0

:huh:

I never heard that before. That's awesome.

S. 2605 A bill to require certain semiautomatic pistols manufactured, imported, or sold by Federal firearms licensees to be capable of microstamping ammunition. 02/07/08 . You forgot that one . Classic Kennedy la-la land.

S. 2605 A bill to require certain semiautomatic pistols manufactured, imported, or sold by Federal firearms licensees to be capable of microstamping ammunition. 02/07/08 . You forgot that one . Classic Kennedy la-la land.

I answered the question and that's the best comeback you have? I guess it beats "I was wrong" :)

I wasnt much of a fan of her and the thought of her being the defacto "leader" of the GOP scares me, but I cant help but find it pretty cute that the SAME 'tards who railed against Sarah Palin are now pining for the NYS Senate seat the ONE person who makes Sarah Palin look experienced and seasoned. They thought Palin was out of touch with her "Russia" comment, yet seek to now make a woman who probably hasnt been south of 59th Street EVER a Senator. Come on.

This shrew makes Sarah Palin look like Margaret Thatcher in terms of actual political experience.

You have to understand that those Tards love those whores . Besides her nose is too big, maybe it comes from having it in the wrong place :)

I wasnt much of a fan of her and the thought of her being the defacto "leader" of the GOP scares me, but I cant help but find it pretty cute that the SAME 'tards who railed against Sarah Palin are now pining for the NYS Senate seat the ONE person who makes Sarah Palin look experienced and seasoned. They thought Palin was out of touch with her "Russia" comment, yet seek to now make a woman who probably hasnt been south of 59th Street EVER a Senator. Come on.

This shrew makes Sarah Palin look like Margaret Thatcher in terms of actual political experience.

I wasnt much of a fan of her and the thought of her being the defacto "leader" of the GOP scares me, but I cant help but find it pretty cute that the SAME 'tards who railed against Sarah Palin are now pining for the NYS Senate seat the ONE person who makes Sarah Palin look experienced and seasoned. They thought Palin was out of touch with her "Russia" comment, yet seek to now make a woman who probably hasnt been south of 59th Street EVER a Senator.Come on.

How does being a freshman Senator equate to being the Vice President for a 72 year old disabled cancer survivor?

To recap the wingnuts were having a PMS attack after Obama nominated Hillary Clinton to be Secretary of State because she's from Washington and that doesn't fit their brain dead definition of "change" yet they are similarly outraged because Caroline Kennedy may or may not be the next NYS Senator because she's inexperienced? By your definition of "change" this should be right up your ally!

If you cant see the absurdity in that [proposed-thank God!] law I can not help you.

So now the goal post has been moved from name one to here's one I disagree with. Didja notice the full list and the stuff on the list the stuff for veterans? :thumbdown:

So now. Let's go back to your original question. Did I name one and a lot more?

There is a large difference between V.P. and a Senator. The V.P. needs to be ready to take over the Presidency at any time and with Palin that was a frightening possibility!!! :rolleyes:

The issue with Palin wasn't her limited experience as much as it was her basic lack of knowledge about issues and a lack of intellectual curiousity, which made her Bush lite.

No, no Bush and Dan Quayle look like Rhodes Scholars compared to her.

I know very little of Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg's experience and have no idea if she would be a good Senator, or not.

I am fairly certain, though, that most of the bashers here, would be lauding the appointment of a person with little political experience, if it were a conservative businessman, or woman, being considered. The right wingers would hail that person as an "outsider".

Face it, for most of you, this is simply knee-jerk hating on a Kennedy. As far as I know, Caroline hasn't killed anyone with her car, so the Ted discussion is worthless, as is anything that doesn't do specifically with Caroline, or another possible person who might take the job.

My advice? Follow the Hammer's lead, and actually propose an alternative, or discuss whey Caroline is, or isn't, a good person for the job.

I know very little of Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg's experience and have no idea if she would be a good Senator, or not.

I am fairly certain, though, that most of the bashers here, would be lauding the appointment of a person with little political experience, if it were a conservative businessman, or woman, being considered. The right wingers would hail that person as an "outsider".

Face it, for most of you, this is simply knee-jerk hating on a Kennedy. As far as I know, Caroline hasn't killed anyone with her car, so the Ted discussion is worthless, as is anything that doesn't do specifically with Caroline, or another possible person who might take the job.

My advice? Follow the Hammer's lead, and actually propose an alternative, or discuss whey Caroline is, or isn't, a good person for the job.

How would you feel if Neil or Marvin Bush was named to replace a sitting Senator?