Game Two of the World Series

stevestojan

I heard James Taylor sing the National Anthem before game 2 and thought it was great. Not all dressed up like these "performers" all do nowadays. Simple, and to the point.

However, I have heard NOTHING but bad about it on TV, the radio, and the net.

I went to go search to see if i could download it somewhere, and all i got was people ripping it apart.

So, a question, what did you guys think about it, and also, anyone know where I can get an MP3 of it? I think it would be a fully legal download, correct?

Anyway, thoughts?

Right on MLB's web site: http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...4news&fext=.jsp

I thought it was good.  The only part of the game I watched...but then again I'm a backwoods moron...

87571[/snapback]

I am listening to it right now, you backwoods moron. :P I liked it a lot, even more the second and third times.

Then again I like the way Jose Feliciano did it too. :(

what an awesome rendition! JT is DA Bomb! If you ever get the opportunity to see him live do it, he is friggin great!

I am listening to it right now, you backwoods moron.  :P  I liked it a lot, even more the second and third times.

Then again I like the way Jose Feliciano did it too.  :(

87853[/snapback]

what an awesome rendition!  JT is DA Bomb!  If you ever get the opportunity to see him live do it, he is friggin great!

87859[/snapback]

That's what i thought - but EVERYONE is ripping on it... i just like the simplicity of it (I just typed out simpleness and realized that was waaay off :( ) His voice is great.

There's nothing wrong with that rendition at all.

He got all the words right, which is more than I can say for Steven Tyler the night before. He didn't disgrace our national anthem like Roseanne did, either.

People will B word about anything. Gimme a break!

I heard James Taylor sing the National Anthem before game 2 and thought it was great. Not all dressed up like these "performers" all do nowadays. Simple, and to the point.

However, I have heard NOTHING but bad about it on TV, the radio, and the net.

I went to go search to see if i could download it somewhere, and all i got was people ripping it apart.

So, a question, what did you guys think about it, and also, anyone know where I can get an MP3 of it? I think it would be a fully legal download, correct?

Anyway, thoughts?

87557[/snapback]

Why were people ripping it? He did it in that slow-JT sytle that he does almost everything. I thought it was great.

I can see if you are not a fan, that's fine, but I don't get where people would be ripping him for his performance.

Why were people ripping it?  He did it in that slow-JT sytle that he does almost everything.  I thought it was great. 

I can see if you are not a fan, that's fine, but I don't get where people would be ripping him for his performance.

88026[/snapback]

Yeah, I heard people on three media (TV, Radio, and net) rip on it for being too boring. I thought it was beautiful, really.

I liked it alot. Very classy, like it should be sung.

I'm sorry, but i'm not interested in hearing a fuggin hip hop/rap version of the star spangled banner like we see most of the time. James Taylor was a breath of fresh air compared to most.

88050[/snapback]

That's basically what I was getting at.