V-Coach Bulletin

What the hell has travis actually said.  Can you actually post a quote, because the only one that seems to be doing the talking is Willis.  Willis in preseason and willis now.

87622[/snapback]

I mean with the draft day " slap in the face" comment and the ESPN magazine article last offseason.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we can start two guys at every position?!?

would it improve our chances, or would we just get twice as many stupid penalties?

:(

87624[/snapback]

It'll keep all the players happy, like the participation rules in little league baseball. And that's what's really important, right?

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

I can't f**king believe this. Is this a joke ? MM will name both of them starters ?

This first year coach has no f-ing clue what he's doing. Make a stand and stick with it. Tell Travis that Willis is starting and thats it. He wants everybody to be happy and to like him.

PS: Coach, your job is to win games. The players don't have to like you.

Not worth a link, but here's what's on BB.com

Starting Pair

Head Coach Mike Mularkey has announced that both Travis Henry and Willis McGahee will be named starters for this week’s game against the Arizona Cardinals. “Based on Willis’ performance the last couple of weeks with the run game I felt like he has given us a spark moving the ball when there have been holes and when there hasn’t been holes,” Mularkey told Buffalobills.com. “We’re going to see if that can be a difference in this game.”

I'm sorry folks, I thought things couldn't get any worse. They just have. :(

I can't f**king believe this. Is this a joke ? MM will name both of them starters ?

This first year coach has no f-ing clue what he's doing. Make a stand and stick with it. Tell Travis that Willis is starting and thats it. He wants everybody to be happy and to like him.

PS: Coach, your job is to win games. The players don't have to like you.

87639[/snapback]

Seems to me like everyone is just angry because this board is more about being right than it is about what actually makes sense for the bills. If you don't think having Willis and Travis in the backfield is having your best players on the field than i am stumped. Would your prefer shelton over either guy. Three weeks ago when Travis was the starter, this board complained to high heaven, where are the travis and willis two back sets? Well here it is, but since it doesn't prove everyone right, it is the stupidest move ever. Get some perspective. Maybe the pro football guys aren't as certain of Willis' stardom with his 3.5 ypc average as you all are. One good game and one lousy game (with a mistake that cost the team 7 points, and giving up on another play) doesn't a canton member make.

Both guys on the field put the most talent on the field.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Ok that will work until they ask Travis to lead block. In case you haven't noticed Travis can't/won't block.

Splitting carries benefits no one. You have to go with one back and give him 90% of the carries.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*
You guys are all missing the big picture - this means Damien Shelton has been demoted!  :(

87655[/snapback]

What it really means is they don't want to hurt Travis' feelings.

Henry and Shelton don't even play the same positions and they are not asked to do the same things.

Ok that will work until they ask Travis to lead block. In case you haven't noticed Travis can't/won't block.

Splitting carries benefits no one. You have to go with one back and give him 90% of the carries.

87673[/snapback]

you know that is just a bunch a crap. Watch the games again. I will be the first to admit that travis isn't a premier blocker. In the third quarter, travis had a block on lee suggs that was textbook. for the last few weeks, excluding the miami game, in the bills chat room (hosted by Fez) people have particularly pointed out when good blocks were made by either back. This is just another generalization that one person makes and everyone parrots, like Travis fumbling...which he hasn't done this year. This is a friggin team and willis' comments about there are no friends on the football field is just a bunch of immature nonsense.

By the way, watch the ravens game, there are two plays that fortunately were quick passes because Willis totally whifs on his blocks. Should we no call him a terrible blocker....i don't think so.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Has Travis ever in his football life been a lead blocker ? I forgot according to you he is starting this week...... :(

Has Travis ever in his football life been a lead blocker ? I forgot according to you he is starting this week...... :(

87692[/snapback]

Could you quote where i say that? Maybe Willis is the lead blocker, everyone is found of his blocking.....maybe that is the role they have for him. I don't know, but I do know that marshall faulk is usually in a one back set, so i guess he doesn't need a lead blocker. Perhaps there is no plan to utilize a lead blocker but to keep the defense guessing as to which back will carry the ball. But i am sorry, your need to be absolutely right can't allow for such thoughts.

I'm not sure but I would guess that Willis is going to see the majority of carries in the game. Isn't the naming of the starter more of a formality that we shouldn't be getting our panties up in a wad about?

87699[/snapback]

Good point, very true.

I'm cool with letting TH start the 1st play, then pointing him to the bench. :(

GO WILLIS!!!

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

All the better, put Willis in a one back set and put another tight end in the game,

but that will be tough if they are both starting.

Stop the bs and sit Travis down and give the ball to Willis 30+ times and see what happens.

Guest Guest_John from Hemet_*
Willis and Travis will both be named starters for Sunday.

:(

87534[/snapback]

I am officially starting to get redass......

Hey Mike.....if you are trying to motivate Travis Henry to play better it aint workin......he had a chance to come out against the Ravens and show its his spot....he didn't do it......

What it really means is they don't want to hurt Travis' feelings.

Henry and Shelton don't even play the same positions and they are not asked to do the same things.

87683[/snapback]

Are you saying we're gonna run a 3-back offense? :(